Format: Wine|Change

on 27 November 2014
Chase Vodka although a bit pricey is worth every single penny you give it. Whether it be my favourite Rhubarb or the Marmalade varieties these drinks fill your mouth with outstanding flavour and give you a nice warmth down the throat. A great simple mix is the Rhubarb vodka and 7up, which I maintain tastes like the childhood favourite rhubarb and custard boiled sweets.
I cannot convey how much I wish I was able to afford more of this vodka, I first discovered them at local Game Fairs which have food markets within, if you get the opportunity visit their stall and sample, it will convince you to buy. If their using the small spray bottle to sample the marmalade vodka you will not believe how much flavour has filled your mouth from a simple spray!

Oh and their new design of bottle is really really cool. (shown in amazons own picture)
on 8 May 2014
Delivered when promised, this vodka is a gorgeous colour. Slightly viscous and quite sweet, we like it mixed with tonic. We're not vodka connoisseurs, usually choosing gin, and after enjoying Chase gin we wanted to try this. Could be a luxurious base for a summer cocktail too.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 September 2016
I bought this in a sale at Christmas last year with the intention of giving it as a gift. I ended up giving them something else, so i've been sampling this a little for the last few months. If you're interested, the bottle notes that it was the 1359/3000 of the sixth batch produced (I always like seeing this, makes it seem a little more special!).

I was quite hesitant to even open the bottle at first: rhubarb in a vodka? What? How would that work? Turns out, it works REALLY well. If you're drinking it straight, i'd recommend adding to a cold glass and adding an ice cube or two. It brings out all the gorgeous rhubarb smells. When you actually taste it though, it's ridiculously tasty. I swear, you almost forget you're drinking vodka. I'm just transported back to desserts my mother used to make when I was a child or to the classic old fashioned sweets. Just superb.

I've tried it straight, with tonic, with lemonade, and with 7up (after seeing a suggestion in the reviews). It works well with all of these. If you're experimenting, i'd recommend not overpowering the taste of the vodka with stronger mixes.

It's worth noting that this doesn't come with a box. I was also a little disappointed to notice that the label has been put on a little slanted. Not noticeable at first, but it niggles at me every time I get the bottle out of the cupboard!

Overall: REALLY impressed. It's expensive, but I've never tasted vodka like this. Worth it as a gift to yourself or a vodka lover.
on 10 September 2016
This is one of the best flavoured vodkas I have ever tasted. It is exceptionally smooth, and has a pleasant, warm rhubarb flavour that lingers in the mouth. The bottle is beautiful, and feels weithy in the hand with its thick glass. For £35 this is an excellent "now and then" drink, or a perfect gift. People who dont like vodka, will like this. Very, Very drinkable.
on 19 March 2016
We received a bottle of this by happy accident. We ordered a bottle of William Chase Elegant Gin (lovely btw) and was sent this instead. The good people of Amazon allowed us to keep it and sent a replacement. It sat in a cupboard for about a year because neither my wife or I particularly like vodka. To cut a rambling story short, a friend recommended it with prosecco and, oh my, it's lovely.
on 25 December 2015
The initial taste is a little burst of rhubarb with the sweetness of the added sugar. Then you get a custard presumably from added vanilla, which dominates the smell. A little alcohol burn and sweet aftertaste. I can drink this on its own no problem. That usually means its very sweet as I have a sweet tooth. To me it's like they've melted those old rhubarb and custard sweets into vodka but they say it's all natural.
on 6 December 2014
Cor Blimey !! That hits the spot !! Very nice vodka and definitely looking to buy another bottle as a present. A little pricey but well worth the money.
on 28 May 2016
Unfortunately the bottle stopper was damaged meaning the cork was stuck in the bottle. I eventually managed to get it out but am now left with a bottle I cannot seal properly. The vodka itself is OK but clearly the quality of the stopper/cork isn't great - be warned.
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2014
Perhaps an acquired taste for some, but unique and original with just the right level of zest without being sweet
on 25 July 2014