Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 12 May 2014
I had ignored Conchita totally during the run-up to the Eurovision 2014 competition. I had allowed my opinions to be swayed by her appearance and the general feeling that Austria had submitted nothing more than a joke entry. On the morning of the competition I decided to look at the winners of the semi-finals who I had yet to hear. It took only seconds for me to realise that Conchita was definitely no joke entry, this was a song worthy of release and clearly one of the best songs to be entered into the Eurovision contest for a long time. I listened to the track over and over again, I sent friends the links for them to watch and hear, and all agreed that this was as close to perfection as we will get for a dramatic big ballad. First class production, finely crafted, beautifully sung without Conchita once going over the top. Did I mention that I even watched the entire Eurovision final and was sitting on the edge of my seat? There were some excellent songs this year but none, in my opinion, close to Rise Like A Phoenix and even the dreadful staging of the show did not detract from Conchita's performance. Many long hours later it seemed that it was not only my opinion, Conchita came back to the stage as winner. Brilliant song, wonderfully performed, giving us an artist worthy of worldwide recognition - well, perhaps not worldwide because there are still countries, like Russia, who cannot accept that we are all human and, no doubt, are busy playing about in their genetics labs in the hope of cloning Putin's body so that all Russian men look like him. Who cares? Conchita does. We all do. And, whilst caring, we can enjoy for posterity Rise Like A Phoenix by the remarkable and brilliantly talented Conchita.
on 12 May 2014
this is one of the most beautiful songs in the history of the esc! hauting, gentle, breathtakingly beautiful! i can't stop listenig to it! her message is based on human rights! bravo and my respect!!!
on 19 May 2014
Although very strange in his appearance Conchita has a very good voice and Rise Like A Phoenix is a very good ballad I had a gut feeling this was going to win and I was right it will do well in Europe I am not sure it will catch on in the UK charts who knows.It was a good win and I look forward to Vienna Eurovision 2015.
on 17 May 2014
Well this is the only Eurovision contest winner that I have ever bought, let alone reviewed - that's gotta tell you something!
Stunning vocals and an uplifting song delivered with complete style!
Get Conchita's other two tracks 'unbreakable' & that's what I am' to make a great ep cd!
on 16 May 2014
This has to be one of the most powerful songs to emerge from Eurovision in its entire history. The lyrics are really strong, the structure is faultless; it is amazing. And of course the delivery is totally amazing. Conchita Wurst is something else!!
on 11 May 2014
RISE LIKE A PHOENIX! Despite the fact this track features elements of audio distortion it remains an absolute triumph. Instant classic.
on 12 May 2014
I knew this was a winner the first time I heard it brilliant. Hope there will be an album to follow.
on 24 May 2014
Vladmir Putin (a.k.a. Vlad the Mad) may have nukes, hooded special forces, vodka-touting pro-Russian separatists, more or less legitimate territorial claims to Black Sea ports, and enough oil, gas and uranium to last a lifetime (or at least a U.S. trade embargo).

Don't worry. The freedom-loving nations of Europe (a.k.a. Western Eurasian Panhandle and then some) have a SECRET WEAPON that will bring Vlad, Lavrov, Sauron and their hooded minions to their knees faster than you can spell Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.

We have…CONCHITA WURST. Be 'fraid, Ivan, be very 'fraid, lest we send Ms Conchie and her wurst on a DRANG NACH STALINGRAD!!! Yeah, really. So you better evacuate Sebastopol within 24 hours or else…
77 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2014
Great vocals with meaningful lyrics, which makes a change from the usual Euro drivel! All heartedly recommended! It has some subtones of a James Bond theme too!
on 21 October 2014
Great memento of a great night - and also one of the few times that the person we voted for actually won!

The actual item is also nice as far as artwork goes, as you can see from photos.