Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Reasonable Price for Smart TV
on 25 March 2015
This is a good 42" Screen Smart TV by LG for the price of less than £400.
1. This LG Smart TV is very slim and attractive to look at AND it provides a picture which is very crisp and pronounced with the colours very clear.
2. Set Up straightforward - Follow the instructions on the screen to answer questions asked and then set up the Wi-Fi connection with your Hub.
3. Once on the Internet via this Smart TV - You have access to Amazon Prime (And then, If you have paid your £79 subscription, all its films etc are free to watch on your LG Smart TV via the Wi-Fi Internet connection.
4. Would recommend you purchase the "LG Smart Magic Remote" for £24 as this makes it so much easier to get around the menus on the Smart TV. (The remote provided with this TV is very clunky to move around the menus. (Important Note : The LG Smart Remote will NOT work unless you also buy a dongle - LG AN-WF500 Wi-Fi dongle for £20.31. It fits on the back of the TV via a USB connection and provides a Bluetooth connection to the LG Magic Remote.
5. Helpful Hint - To find the "Input List" where you can choose which connected device you want to use i.e .HDM1 or HDM or AV1 etc you have to press the Home Key on the remotes to access the main menu screen on the Smart TV. It is a busy looking menu and squashed in there is a small square called INPUT LISTS. Click on this and it will give you the options you need.
6. The Sound on this LG Smart TV is poor, especially for dialogue.
7. To overcome this I purchased a LG Bluetooth NB2540V "SOUND BAR WITH A SUB WOOFER" for £99, which gave me a powerful and excellent sound system that satisfied my ears. (You will need to buy an "Optical Cable to connect it to you LG Smart TV. - Different connection to a USB one)