on 23 March 2014
I thought this book was going to give me basic money saving tips for a holiday in Spain - as in how to save money when you got there - museum visits etc - however it gave basic common sense tips about how to arrange a holiday cheaply (I've discovered these myself over the years). So I personally did not learn anything I did not know - but I guess anyone who has not put together their own holiday as opposed to a package holiday would/could learn a lot.

I reckon I save around £800+ (most saved was £1890) for a holiday for 4 adults in summer school holidays by doing the legwork myself. We also stay in privately owned villas as opposed to hotel/apartment complexes, have our own pool, no noise from rowdy neighbours on complexes, and get to see the real character of the place and have use of a car for the full duration of the holiday. Incidentally you can often save a fortune on a meal out by not eating in promenade/main tourist street restaurants -a 2 minute walk up a side street will often find little gems which charge 25% to 50% less than the main thoroughfare restaurants.

So for me this did not tell me anything new, but if you have never explored independently booking a holiday, then this could be quite revealing!
on 5 April 2014
I have been receiving Gerry's emails and knowledgeable advice about Spain for years. However a couple of IT disasters over the years meant that I lost a lot of the saved files. So now at last, I have been able to download to my Kindle, the full book which is an absolute must for visitors (and residents) to Spain.
on 21 March 2014
This short, concise guide gives no-nonsense advice to help travelers save money, not only on trips to Spain but to the rest of Europe and even the entire world. The tips here are well organised and easy for the reader to find. Even seasoned travelers will find new information here about ways to find the best deals.
on 23 March 2014
We love Spain and try to go twice a year so fairly savvy travellers but I was hooked on this book as soon as I started reading it. The advice and tips are really useful whether you're an 'old-hand' or a new traveller - and they don't only apply to Spain, lots of the ideas are applicable to any destination.
on 20 March 2014
I've received Gerry Kerkov' s Spanish Fiesta newsletter for a number of years. Whilst I was already aware of some of the information in Budget Spain, much of which I had also forgotten, it is very good to have it all in one place and know that it will now forever be available for reference on my kindle
on 21 March 2014
We have been travelling to and around Spain for many years, but in spite of this, we still found some very useful tips and approaches from Gerry's book. The hardy chestnut of cash withdrawal from an ATM with a debit card being charged in £ or € was clearly explained for instance.
on 3 April 2014
A well laid out and researched guide.
Covers all areas clearly and concisely.
particularly useful to people who are new to planning independent holidays
however there are some gems to be found for the seasoned traveller also.
on 7 April 2014
I thought this book was very informative and covered a lot of topics, answering most questions and offering a lot of help if you are considering going to Spain. I would certainly recommend reading it and using it as a good reference guide.
on 24 March 2014
A great resource for planning your next holiday in Spain on the cheap (many of the tips apply to other European destinations as well). Full of sensible advice with links to up-to-the-minute information.
on 5 April 2014
I chose 5 star rating because this is an excellent book if you are planning on going to Spain. It is full of helpful tips and would recommend this book to everyone. Is is really well written.