on 10 June 2016
Good enough. Plays flawlessly from a USB stick. Plays MKVs. Unfortunately is infected with Cinavia audio-watermark playback restrictions, as are all BluRay players with recent firmware. Otherwise fine.
on 14 February 2015
This arrived just 48 hours after ordering. Brilliant service! It is a great product and does exactly what it says onthe tin. I followed setup instructions exactly with no problems. It plays all my discs - CD, DVD, BD and BD 3D. Quality superb. By the way, there IS an eject button on the remote and I don't find it any noisier than other players!
on 6 March 2015
This blu ray player is great and allows me to watch youtube on my telly without needing to hook up my phone or laptop. Handy usb socket on the front allows playing photos and video from a usb stick.
on 26 January 2015
Very pleased with this DVD. Actually has more features than I expected from the description on Amazon. Delivery was excellent.
on 6 March 2015
Bought this for my Dad. He's getting on fine with it.
on 11 January 2015
I'm blown away by how good this player is especially the for the price. I've tested Netflix, Amazon Prime Streaming, iPlayer and BBC News all of which perform flawlessly and without too much fuss. Additionally I've used the player to connect to my NAS and play various downloaded video files including MP4 and MKV files, again without any problems.

It's early days yet but I've got a feeling that this box on it's own might end up replacing my other media solutions, including the Chromecast and Boxee. Oh and it also plays Blu-rays, who knew? :)

Would highly recommend.
on 10 May 2015
very unhappy with this product primarily because of usability. TERRIBLE. i feel like i am using DOS or Win3.1 again.
- every time you have to drill down and select the attached usb drive. will not remember last used device
- menu is poorly organized also design is AWFUL
- does not have 'resume' function. you have to select video and find where you left off last time
- seed fwd/back is terrible. press back once, it jumps 20 seconds, press again, it jumps 1 min (way too much), press fwd to get back to where you were, jumps 1 min, press again, jumps another min so now you have jumped ahead... difficult to find where you were. unnecessarily frustrating
- does not turn on/off with samsung TV (not a must, but would be nice)
- when streaming from windows through dlna, subtitles can't be displayed (WHAT??) that's right. so don't bother watching any foreign films unless you speak the language! pff
- also good luck finding a video if you have a lot of them in a single directory. you will be pressing down and down... and down for a long time.

on the up side, it reads usb hdd fast, opened videos in different formats no problem so far.
on 3 January 2015
I bought this Bd player for my bedroom, so that I can watch movies while lying in bed. This is a Fully featured smart Blu Ray player with DLNA, Netflix, Prime, iPlayer and access to the Opera TV Store. The GUI is really well laid out as I have come to expect from Samsung AV products.

As some others noted, this device lacks Optical Digital Audio out and only offers Coaxial Digital Out and HDMI. This is not a problem nowadays as most Surround Sound Receivers offer HDMI input. Also, there is no analogue SCART or Composite connection. However this is a HD Blu Ray player and those connections have been superseded by HDMI for HD formats.

Really impressed by this bit of kit for the £45 it cost me when purchased through Amazon. Better than the £200 Blu Ray player on my main television.
on 5 September 2014
Nice, straightforward bit of kit - does the job with great picture quality. Some noticeable whirring noises when loading up the disc, but after that it was fine. The touch controls on the top are not backlit, so very hard to see in low light, but that's again a minor thing.

Setup was very simple, it ran through a short setup process for language, etc, and auto-detected the TV type and size (also Samsung). A firmware update was automatically downloaded and installed over the internet connection. All very easy.

The power cable is captive, which is pretty rare these days, so I had a tricky time feeding the power plug through the cable slots I have in my media unit.

I tried the Netflix and Amazon apps, both worked well with good quality images.
on 5 April 2015
I bought this to run exercise dvds on and it is perfect for purpose, and looks neat with the Samsung TV. I nearly didn't buy because an earlier review said that you needed to use the eject control on the top on the box as there was no eject on the remote control - they are wrong, there are all the usual functions on the remote and it works well. It came with 2 AAA batteries. Connects to TV with a HDMI cable (not included). Unfortunately the electric lead cannot be unplugged to enable it to be threaded through the cupboard unit and the plug is not the detachable type. Without replacing the plug and threading through I would have found the lead too short.