Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
samsung forgot that this is a consumer device. if you are not a robot, opt for something more user friendly
on 10 May 2015
very unhappy with this product primarily because of usability. TERRIBLE. i feel like i am using DOS or Win3.1 again.
- every time you have to drill down and select the attached usb drive. will not remember last used device
- menu is poorly organized also design is AWFUL
- does not have 'resume' function. you have to select video and find where you left off last time
- seed fwd/back is terrible. press back once, it jumps 20 seconds, press again, it jumps 1 min (way too much), press fwd to get back to where you were, jumps 1 min, press again, jumps another min so now you have jumped ahead... difficult to find where you were. unnecessarily frustrating
- does not turn on/off with samsung TV (not a must, but would be nice)
- when streaming from windows through dlna, subtitles can't be displayed (WHAT??) that's right. so don't bother watching any foreign films unless you speak the language! pff
- also good luck finding a video if you have a lot of them in a single directory. you will be pressing down and down... and down for a long time.
on the up side, it reads usb hdd fast, opened videos in different formats no problem so far.