on 26 May 2014
This isn't just this particular book review, but a review of the whole series.

Overall the series is good. The story line and the World created can't be faulted, but there are both mistakes and room for improvement in writing style.

This is a very rushed series at times, it is fast paced, perhaps too fast paced. The author rushes into situations sometimes in order to take the story in a new direction, but it seems a little daft when it happens. Brianna suddenly having feelings for the Price, out of nowhere, the very same time he was trying to woo her. The price being the model of chivalry, but then doing a turn around and being controlling.

Mansel falling in love with a woman who nursed him. He would have to trust that really happened, as only a single chapter was devoted to it. Even then there wasn't much time for the relationship developing, it just happened.

There are many more examples.

How many times do we need run-ins with outlaws on the road? Yes, every time someone travels of course. Lazy excuse to show off power or get someone injured. Or how many times someone goes in search of someone, to find them near instantly? I'm talking different parts of the World and not much info to go on, but miraculously, found.

The fact that everyone Zollin faces has some kind of compulsion to underestimate him, right to the end, even though he decimated everyone throughout the series.

Stories are retold numerous times and characters act like it is the first time they have heard it.

There are also a lot of mistakes in the books, with random characters popping up as saying something someone else clearly had. Poor editing basically.

I gave it 3 stars because it is very enjoyable. The environment created is good. I'd class this as more of an introduction to fantasy series, as the big hitters out there, such as Robert Jordan, Tolkien and others, quite frankly, are several leagues above.
on 10 April 2014
Or is it? Definitely scope for more writing the way the ending is written, but I'm glad that the story line that this series has followed is now all tied up: there's nothing worse than a series that goes on and on forever and ever! This book was very well written, once again a celebration of the author's ability to write battle scenes, coupled with a confused relationship, and solid friendship. I enjoyed reading this just for the relationship between the characters, which has been it strength all along, but the story has been a pleasure to read and I must say, although I slowed down to read it at the end to make it last longer, I was also on the edge of my seat the whole through. A fantastic end, and I can't wait for anything else by this author: hopefully the final Lorik book!
on 9 October 2015
Liked the storyline, liked the characters, enjoyed the subtle, and not so subtle twists and turns in the plot . Books I would read again. The author is expert at presenting his story in a sequential way that leaves you with a feeling that he know his craft an is expert at engaging the reader with his characters. A well written series.
on 24 March 2014
After finishing Wizard falling (love how the name ties in with the first book as well) I was hit with a wave of different emotions. Happiness because it was such an amazing end to an amazing series but also sadness because it's over. All I can say is I want more and I definitely recommend the five kingdoms series!
on 23 June 2014
A nicely constructed ending delivered with the writers usual style. We are engaged with the characters once again as they face horrors both fantastic and very human from ugly beats of dark creation to sinister emotions of human creation. I enjoyed this finale immensely and look forward to reading about Lorik.
on 15 May 2014
amazing great storyline and maybe another series on ZOLLIN or his kids?
I wondered about the big dragons and thought why didn't she make more big dragons but I liked the way it went possibly a bit more on the giants and what happened to them and what happened to the dwarves?
on 31 March 2014
this book tied up a lot of loose ends, admittedly the story hasn't concluded but at least TN isn't dragging out some of the story lines like some other books do. it will be interesting where this book goes from here if it starts coming to an end or another story develops?
on 29 May 2016
As with all the books in this series the storyline is excellent but the mistakes are frustrating. Also how can Zollin barely remember his mother when she died giving birth to him? However,even with the mistakes I'd still recommend reading this series
on 18 April 2014
I have really enjoyed this whole series of books. I find myself really looking forward to that hour or so in my day I put by for reading. Good battle scenes, characters have developed well, and the world itself is well thought out.
on 10 April 2014
this series is a great read, if you haven't read them then please do you will not be disappointed you will not be able to put them down