Reading Hudson made my heart ache all over again for Alayna, and the depth of emotions I felt for Hudson further cemented my love for him as his thoughts came into view. I loved reading his pov especially on seeing Alayna for the first time, which left me with butterflies followed by anticipation to see his rationalised thoughts on love being swayed. His instant need to protect Alayna from Celia was heart-warming and sweet, you could feel his battle to keep her safe and away from the game plans Celia concocted, in order to examine the depth of emotions being played and wanting to prove how easily someone with a past compulsive disorder could still be broken down. God I hated Celia the woman was even more evil as we got to understand her friendship with Hudson, and the sick influence she had on his life made me want to slap her! I hurt for Hudson as his life before Alayna was played out, keeping himself void of emotions and detached from the world always studying others, until he felt Alayna's presence touch his soul and shift everything into focus, trying to stay one step ahead of Celia as he worked on liberating himself from his cognitive patterns of behaviour to finally find happiness and real love. The scenes between Hudson and Alayna were even hotter in his pov! Great insight into Hudson's mind and the epilogue stole the show!
on 20 April 2014
Wow...what can I say? I didn't think I was going to like it when I started, I had a feeling it was going to be too like so many other books out there I've given a go and in some ways it kinda was - man is hot and loaded, girl is kinda feisty etc etc...both have their issues...BUT I decided to hold off on the eye rolling and persevere and I am so glad I did. Yeah, in that sense its predictable and some might even say far-fetched in a sense but to write it off as such is wrong because that's the whole point of fiction, isn't it? Sometimes you want to read something funny, sometimes something deep and intellectual, and sometimes you want to let go and read something that lets you drift away and fantasise about how cool it would be to be swept off your feet by a hot billionaire lol and there's nothing wrong with that. Real life is stressy and depressing and a good book should be an escape from that.
So considering that, I loved these books. They were so easy to read and as well as Alayna and Hudson had a myriad of other strong secondary characters supporting the story. Honestly, even though I will sound like a prude, I skipped through a lot of the sex stuff...not because it was badly written, but because in anything I read I am more fascinated and interested in the emotional, not physical or sexual connection between the characters. These books have it all in abundance and you can just feel the chemistry between them. Alayna is pretty irritating at times - jealous, irrational and whiny but these are symptoms of her 'illness' and so true to how the character would be and not just for the sake of having a whiny female lead. The character is honest.
So yeah...some of it is very familiar, along the same road as so many books out there, BUT it has enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged and interested and I ended up really caring about Alayna and Hudson.
I read the trilogy in 4 days and during that time, I neglected my partner, my housework, my son (lol), no one could talk properly to me, I was so deeply engaged...late nights, reading everywhere I went I couldn't put it down, and so, I would definitely recommend this trilogy. Its interesting, its sexy and its romantic and I officially have a book hangover now...lol. Cant wait to read 'Hudson' now and get inside sexy Mr Pierce's head ;) because damn, he's bloody gorgeous...haha x
on 15 September 2014
I am going to write about this book as I have literally just finished all 3 books and I am hot under the collar. “If you want possessive alpha male, I can certainly comply.” with a line like this it gives you and idea of the type of book I am writing about. It begins with a pretty normal female character in Alayna she has had her issues in the past with wanting to find love but taking it to a certain extent that is deemed "STALKER" after over coming these issues a seriously hot suited man walks into the bar she works in and from that moment although she knows deep down he would not be good for her after a little persuasion on his part she is soon falling for him.

Hudson (the suited man) soon has her just where he wants her in his bed but what he doesn't count on is falling in love with her, the relationship was meant to be a deal to throw people of course but instead he wants Alayna and not for show but for everything.

It is a very hot book with plenty of naughty added in, it also has an extremely bitchy female character in Celia who is trying to bring Alayna's past back to haunt her by making it look like she was stalking Celia when the whole time it was Celia being the stalker little to Alayna's knowledge.

What I liked as well even though Hudson and Alayna have their own issues when you put the pair together it made them whole gave them hope. Nothing like a good story to warm your heart.

All in all considering I stumbled on this trilogy by accident I found it pretty darn good and look forward to reading Hudson which is things from his view point as far as I know which should be interesting I hope it goes into the reason behind his game playing and tell us more about his super bitch of a mother because I grew to hate that women with her horrible comments.

I love the fact this book drew me into there world the characters jumping off the pages like you are watching a tv programme. Looking forward to finding more books by Laurelin Paige.

Hope this helps you guys and you enjoy this book as much as I did especially the rollercoaster of emotions it will send you on.
on 14 July 2014
"Alayna Withers changed everything for me. I can easily divide my life into two parts - before her and after......... Before her, I never really lived. So there's is only after."

I've enjoyed other books retelling the story from the male perspective, such as the Legal Affairs series by Sawyer Bennett, and so was very much looking forward to seeing the story from Hudson's viewpoint, and it's great. Some of the book is retelling the story of the Fixed trilogy from his side but some of the book is his past and how he became the man he is. We're told the story of how his 'experiment' with Celia changed her making her his future partner in crime. He teaches her well and in terms of the game, she outplays him in the end but is put to a stop by his clever business mind backing her into a corner. Even though did a horrid thing to Celia I still hate her! Hudson carries out his 'experiments' so he can study people's reactions to circumstances, he's curious because he doesn't feel these emotions himself. He is cruel but what's worse is Celia helping only because she wants to see people hurt and in pain.
Before Laynie Hudson doesn't understand emotions, not feeling was his "superpower", believes they play no important part in life. "Emotions. How they weakened the strong. How they deluded the intelligent. How they transformed a person into someone unrecognizable". After meeting Alayna he's confused. "I'm also completely lost. I've never been so without answers......Has therapy actually changed me? Is that why she makes me feel the way she does? Because as scared as I am to admit it, that's exactly what's going on with Alayna - I'm feeling. She makes me feel. What, I can't say. I'm not familiar enough with these sensations to explain any of it."
The way Hudson speaks of Laynie shows he's truly in love, deep, painful, breathtaking, love. "She's not just my light; she's my sun. My world revolves around her." When he thinks he's lost her and he is crying, hugging himself, feeling all the emotions he has refused to feel before, it's heartbreaking.

This is a great book, seeing the change in Hudson is beautiful; seeing Celia's plotting is frustrating; seeing Alayna's suffering is painful. Fantastic follow up to the trilogy.
on 25 July 2014
I loved the the first three books within the Fixed series, and when i read she was writing a fourth in Hudson's p.o.v, i couldn't wait to read it is an understatement, and it didn't disappoint...

It gives the back story as to why the characters are the way they are, i gives insight into how Hudson see's everyone and why he is the way he is through-out the fixed trilogy - it's an all inclusive overlook of everything that happened through-out the three books in one...

The only thing i found difficult to get my head round, was Hudson's view point of Laynie's, to me in some places it didn't sync right with how she was in the first three books - (she sounds more whiny/needy from his view point)... BUT thankfully we have the first three books to see who and why the character is the way she is - though that is explained within this book too...

A little bit of a spoiler, so don't read on if you don't like spoilers, if you class it as a spoiler...

Overall, the book had me wanting to read it and not put it down... The next downside, i felt the conclusion, the epilogue itself was too short and rushed... *Hint Hint* for me, it could have done with at-least a novella to close the story off...

The before and after, i liked how she did this, though i felt the BEFORE with Celia could've been bunched together in the first half of the book and the AFTER when he was with Laynie in the second half of the book... As it drove me nuts the story been interrupted by the before and after method... When you read it you will understand what i mean... I understand why she did it, but it would get to a good bit (AFTER), then next thing you know, you're hit with a BEFORE scene and dragged back into the past and it's like well, what happens next in his P.O.V with Laynie... GRRR haha... As i said, it is a good book, awesome from his p.o.v. And overall i wish she'd write more within the Fixed series...
on 6 May 2014
Well, what can I say! I paid almost nothing for this series, what a bargain! All 3 books at once too, no waiting around for the next book in the series to be released! The series I can relate it to is The Bared to you series, where the characters both have trust or emotional issues. I loved it so much I think I might go back and read it again very soon and I can't wait for Hudsons book to come out in July! Both main characters in this book have some serious issues and while they feel they almost "heal" each other, it's also quite destructive. Hudson "gets" Alayna, he understands and works round her insecurities and needs like no other man has done for her before, usually her jealousy and insecurity send a man running, but not Hudson. She's also stronger and in a better place than she's been since before her parents died when she was 16 and she became this obsessive person, desperate to be loved. Hudson.....his issues are different, he's been told he's a "sociopath" incapable of love, but he's fascinated by relationships and has dedicated much of his life to understanding and manipulating relationships, just for his own amusement. Which obviously leaves Alayna worried that he's manipulating her. Together than can work through all these issues and overcome anything, Alayna loves him so much and really believes despite his inability to say the actual words that he loves her too, he shows her every other way he can, she can forgive him anything, as long as they keep being honest with each other, but is he being honest? He's hiding something from her and his best friend Celia is out to destroy them, can their relationship survive, or will it destroy them both? Oh and this book is definitely X-rated, there is a whole lot of bedroom scenes, they spend more time naked than they do clothed, it is almost too much at times (as in the sheer quantity of sex scenes), but it's not dark, while Hudson is an Alpha male, there are no whips and chains and nothing too kinky, so if you are worried about that, don't be, it's just a very sexy book!
on 22 August 2016
I loved this book, especially because we get to see more into Hudson and Alaynas future at the end!
I read a couple of reviews complaining about it being the same story and to just add it to the end! But that's the whole point of these type of pov books and I always end up loving the males pov more than the original book, which is exactly what happened!
When I got to the end of the 3rd book it made me want to start from the beginning again to remind me of how Hudson was from the start but following up with this book I no longer needed to and loved that you get even more of an insight into what he was feeling! I didn't feel like I overly got to know Hudson in the first 3 and this one I did and really fell for his character!
I enjoyed the 'after' chapters more than the 'before' as they had me really gripped but I did love the insight to his and celias past and games with the 'before' chapters! It was cleverly done and I haven't read any books like this style before! The Hudson book just finished it off and linked them so well!
I loved that the key characters had problems and probably problems that exist more than we realise in people! I certainly could relate to Alayna in the past after a couple of drinks :) (not to the extreme) and ive known plenty of guys that enjoy game playing (again not to that extreme) and it really does show you the effects of what needing love can actually do to you!
Loved them! Can't wait for Chandler!
on 17 March 2014
Life was good for Alyana Withers. S he had just finished her MBA and she was in a job that was taking her places. Stalking and restraining were thing of her past. Her future is figured out–move up at Sky Launch and stay away from any guy who would trigger her obsessive love disorder. Yes her motto was now have sex and forget. A perfect plan yep it was……. until her eyes connected with intense grey ones across the bar and she took in “the suit” Beautiful to look at and an exquisite display of male sex - Hudson Pierce and new owner of Sky Launch and someone Alyana should avoid if she wanted to keep her past tendencies in check.

What Alyana didn’t know that Hudson Pierce liked to play games. He wanted to know what was it that made someone think that they loved one and other? Could that emotion be manipulated? Forced? He decided that an experiment was in order and that experiment was Alyana Withers. After all he is the master of manipulation and all he needed to do was embrace Alyana’s natural obsessive tendencies - so it was game on.

What unfolds within this trilogy is one series mind game. Lauren Paige has written a very fast paced story and it is a refreshing change from most of the other erotic billionaire stories that I have read.

So please do not think that this was a “knock off” of 50 Shades of Grey. It simply wasn’t. This writer deserves a lot more credit than that because this trilogy stood out on its own.

Great read and thanks to my book buddies for recommending this one. Another one off the TBR list.

It was spot on and I look forward to reading more from this talented author.
on 5 April 2014
Typical female fantasy the guy is rich! are women really that shallow? I think they are!!.... any erotica written by a man does not involve the female as being very affluent! a really sad endictment of women's thinking in the 21st century!
on 17 September 2017
I was a bit apprehensive about reading this book as I was afraid the author will only repeat the Fixed plot from Hudson's POV. But I am delighted I decided to read the book. Not only did we get new scenes from before he met Alayna and from their relationship, but we get a glimpse in the brilliant mind that is Hudson Pierce and finally he understands his relationship with Celia.
I loved the whole Fixed series, and this book completed the picture for me as I had a few questions unanswered. I always hated Celia and I still hate her, but at least I understand her obsession with Hudson.
Like the whole series, the writing in the book is impeccable. The author managed to keep me engaged from the beginning until the end and I actually relieved my rollercoaster emotions from when I read the trilogy first. The chemistry between Hudson and Alayna is off the charts and it is even hotter told in his POV.
"I can easily divide my life into two parts--before her and after." This is such a true testimony to Hudson's live. You can feel him coming alive when he meets Alayna. His need to love her and protect her is so palpable throughout the book, is made me fall in love with his character once again.
All in all a fantastic book and if you are a fan of this series, this is an absolute must read.