on 13 August 2014
We originally saw an advert a few weeks ago for the My Live Pets Bird and my just turned 3 year old instantly needed this in her life... we have just received it today and it is very sweet, the more you stroke her the more nursery rhymes she will sing.... The packaging says for children aged 5 and above but to be honest I personally think it is more interesting for the under 5's market.
22 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2014
 Fantastic little bird and cage. My 6 year old daughter bought this with her birthday money (£19.99) and it arrived today. She loves it. You can't choose which bird you get but hers turned up and it's green with yellow wings and looks very sweet. Had a quick read of the instructions and having much fun with it this afternoon. We've been recording all sorts of daft things for it to say and our two youngest think it's brilliant. There's a very short video attached (yes, daddy does have smelly feet ;-) ).

Fits well into the cage and there is room for more than one bird. Stroke his back and he chirps away. Every now again when he's super happy he whistles a little song (London Bridge or Yankie Doodle in our case).

Although packaging says for age 5 and up, I can't see anything 'dangerous' about it and our 3 year old loves it too and can also work it to record messages. Even the teen thinks it's fun! :)

Well worth the £19.99 for entertainment value - and no seed scattered everywhere or droppings to clean out. Makes it the perfect bird in my eyes :)
on 8 November 2014
My 3 year old loves this now my 5 year old wants 1.
Delivery is very quick item comes with cage & bird & quiet entertaining.
You do get random selected we got green & yellow bird which is quiet cute.
on 2 March 2015
Wow these things have been a hit!! I bought 3 for the kids (3, 6 and 8 years old) for Christmas as little side presents not knowing what big hits they would be!!! Our god daughter came over and begged me for one for her birthday... so here it is. In Belgium you can only get the first generation birds which are shiny plastic and very flimsy looking and only whistle. These ones are fuzzy felt to the touch, bigger and sturdier and repeat all words and songs. Brilliant the kids LOVE them!! Even my 3 year old has learned how to use it!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 December 2014
We bought this when it was on offer for under £15 and, at that price it's a bargain given that my 8 year old fell in love with it as soon as she saw it and plays with it a lot.

When you get it, opening the packaging is slightly annoying and confusing, you have to unscrew bits and cut ties in awkward places. It does come with batteries installed though, and these last well and are easily replaced (2 x AAA).

Play wise, the bird chirps and sings nursery rhymes when you play with it and pet it - the feet are the right size for perching on little fingers. The bill moves, though not the wings and the best function is probably where you can press a button, record anything you want and have it replayed in bird tweets. Words are recognisable and this feature is just a lot of fun.

You could add another bird to the cage if you wanted - there's space for two on the perch. The fact that you can carry around the cage with the hook on top is good and it's one of those toys that's just a winner from the off - I wasn't sure whether it would be in all honesty. I'd say kids from 3-10 would enjoy it the most.

I would highly recommend, at the right price.
on 2 December 2014
It is a nice looking toy but my daughters have lost interest very quickly. They are aged 4 and 1.
on 12 February 2015
My 5 year old daughter bought one of these for £20. with some of her xmas money, she loved walking round town holding the cage after purchasing it, i've managed to hang the cage by her bed and we all have a go recording a phrase to hear spoken back to us, she prefers to keep her bird on 'try me' mode (what it is kept on in store)....as opposed to 'on' where it will continually chirp.....she rarely takes it out of the cage to play with but it is still used often.....her older brother of 9 years often shouts something at it to have it repeated in a high pitched tone followed by a whistle at the end....or records a burp all of which gets a laugh out of all of us.....so although you'd never catch an advert containing any examples of uses of this toy in our household it is still a source of much amusement to all of us.
on 26 November 2014
Would have preferred the purple one as advertised, but it is exactly as shown.
on 9 October 2014
my daughter who is 7 loved this and cage has room for 2 birds to sit on perch,
on 10 November 2015
I can't help but feel that all these Little Live Pets are very overpriced. Yes it records your voice and yes they are pretty to look at but that's about it. Much the same with any of these type of toys, they are played with for a week then forgotten about. It is great that it comes with a cage as that was what my daughter wanted but it's a shame you can't buy the cage separately as she already had the bird and wasn't that fussed about a second. It is nice that there is space for 2 birds to sit on the perch.