on 13 July 2014
Gory tale, with no apparent reason for it, other than the author likes it. No story. Not particularly well-written or interesting. But, if you like explicit violence, it may be your thing. It wasn't mine.
on 11 March 2015
Brilliant. In a way it was a good thing that I read Mountain Man first because that way I already knew that Gus was going to get out alive. The fun part was finding out how. Even so, I still found myself thinking 'how on earth is he gonna get out of this one'! Lol
on 18 June 2016
As a brief into to the Mountain Man series this isn't bad at all, I've read the first of the Mountain Man books and it's a series I intend to complete in time. The narration is of course top notch from R.C. Bray on what I see as his home turf.

Compared to that first book what I would say this is this is actually the most horrific part I have read so far! It does cross a line most other zombie stories have not. It's partly set in the maternity ward to give you a clue.

I think it steers well though and for a free hour's worth of audio I would struggle to think of anything much better if you like the genre. Gus is a character I am happy to invest time in.
on 25 July 2014
We thought it would be good to listen to a scary tale while sitting out the back and drinking wine. As it turns out, it was SO badly written that we thoroughly enjoyed it and howled with laughter throughout! 😂 it's like a lesson in how not to use similes! Hysterical!
on 1 June 2014
Wow!

A fantastic, chilling short story that will scare the living daylights out of you.

Loved it and will now buy the Mountain Man books....
on 22 June 2014
Brilliant story and writing style. I read it in one go because I couldn't put it down. Will defiantly be reading more from this author!
on 7 April 2015
What a read!! I have to admit from the minute I started reading to the end, I was on the edge of my seat. The main character was edgy enough to make me want to read on and the rest of the characters were freaky enough to keep me interested and terrified at the same time. A great read for a rainy afternoon, especially if you want to be freaked out!!!!
on 2 February 2016
Great short Zombie story I liked that it was about a loner trying to survive and fend for himself until all hell breaks loose. Recommended.
on 29 May 2014
This book is a good intro to the series, very short and to the point. The Mountain Man carries on the story and embellishes upon the bleak world the characters live in and oppressive feeling created in The Hospital.
on 8 October 2014
Refreshing honest and gritty view of a zombie world. The writer has a beautiful style of writing. Gripping story. Loved it