Format: DVD|Change

on 20 November 2014
I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier, the Football Factory, Green Street and both versions of the Firm. If you havent seen them you wont get half of the jokes, there was also references to other films like Goodfellas and Scarface.
So if you are going to watch it, it helps if you watch all the real football hooligan films first.
on 20 March 2015
there are the serious football hooligan films and then there is this, part parody, part comedy, part serious. A nice cast of familiar enough looking faces and even danny dyer in a fleeting cameo give the film a little shine. If this is a comedy i didnt really laugh but i smiled now and then and nodded my head at the odd clever reference or moment. its a fun film, nothing brilliant but watchable. If you are thinking this is laugh out loud funny like airplane or naked gun you would be wrong but it passes 90 mins alot better than some films,
on 30 November 2014
Absolutely brilliant! Well scripted and a take off of just about all the British Hooligan films (and more!) with loads of cameos from Danny Dyer to Ian Lavender! Lets have some more from Nick Navern! This film only missed out on awards because of the prejudice against British Low Budget films.
on 1 May 2015
At last, so I thought, a spoof film about all the footy hooligan films, I like most of them, there's a few which aren't, there are many references towards them but not funny...
I tried to stick with it but it was poor, sorry but it was... Cheaply made... A few cameos from the usual suspects but not enough humour to save it I'm afraid, I say humour in the broad sense...!
on 12 June 2014
Went to see this not knowing what to expect , as a fan of hooligan films like 'football factory' and the brilliant 'firm' with Gary Oldman and Phil Davis, I thought it was worth a look it is actually very, very good and extremely funny, I'd say it's the funniest British film since the brilliant Hot Fuzz, the acting from Nick Nevern (who it turns out, also Co wrote and directed) was outstanding as was Jason Maza, Josef Altin and the usual cracking performance by Lorraine Stanley who is fast becoming my favorite British actress, she never gives a less than brilliant performance whatever the role. The film was very well cast and I couldn't find fault in any of the acting , there are some amazing cameos too!

The direction was great and now I've looked up Nick Nevern, I'm going to watch his other film he wrote and directed 'Terry'

The story keeps you gripped all the way through, and although it's a comedy, there is actually one scene that is quite moving, but mostly it is hilarious and it really takes the Mick out of the originals, but in a really nice way ,the writer is obviously a fan of the genre it is parodying, I have to say I was disappointed when it ended, but there was a teaser at the end ,which points to another film , I really hope Nevern makes more movies, he is truly talented as an actor and director ,which is very good for British films.

The camera work gave this film the look of something much higher budget than it actually was , I see great things ahead for Nevern and eagerly await his next project , all in a must see movie and it proves that the Brits do comedy better than anyone.

I loved it.
on 12 June 2014
Not knowing what to expect from this film I went to see it with a few mates at the cinema and what can I say except we laughed from start to finish. We loved the references to the films it parodies, with the characters and scenes. There were some proper laugh out loud moments where we couldn't stop laughing. Good to see this sort of film and the quality of the clothing was spot on! Unleash The Tash...haha!
on 7 September 2015
Really very funny film. The characters are all very likeable, Nick Nevern is excellent in the lead role and credit to him for making a film, which ultimately mocks most of the movies he's been in! Must note though that unless you've seen, The Firm, Rise of the Footsoldier, Football Factory and Green Street, this film will make no sense!
on 12 June 2014
I was proud to be there at the Premiere on Monday 9th June 2014.
This is a film worth seeing and it will make you laugh all the way through, so much; that it will give you cramp in your cheeks!
[...]
on 16 June 2014
I was lucky enough to see the premier of this at Leicester Square and loved it. If you love British films you will love this. A host of great actors including some surprise cameos as well this film is a fantastic parody of hooligan films. If you can go and see it at the cinema you won’t be disappointed.
This film was written by co writers Nick Nevern and Michael Lindley and the casting was fantastic. Starring Nick Nevern, Jason Maza, Tom Burke, Josef Altin, Steven O' Donnell, Ray Fearon, Morgan Watkins, Lorraine Stanley, Keith-Lee Castle. You might need to watch it a couple of times just to get all the film references in it so buy the dvd and blu ray with the great extras on it.
on 12 June 2014
After months of seeing this film promoted on the internet I was happy to finally see a release date for it in the cinema. Not being a huge fan of spoof movies but a massive fan of the "football" genre film due to growing up watching them all. The Football Factory, ID, The Firm(both original & remake), Rise of the Footsoldier etc I have to say after going to the early preview screening for The Hooligan Factory I was pleasantly surprised!! I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. Not only was it hilarious it captured the essence of the movies that were spoofed in it...yes everyone may not get all the scenes that are in this Film (you have to have seen the other films to get most) but you will still be in your seat laughing due to the content of this movie.

This film was well written by co writers Nick Nevern and Michael Lindley and the casting was magnificent. Starring Nick Nevern, Jason Maza, Tom Burke, Josef Altin, Steven O' Donnell, Ray Fearon, Morgan Watkins, Lorraine Stanley, Keith-Lee Castle & a few cameos from some faces you may know this was a brilliant piece of UK cinema. I highly recommend this movie..it's one that once you've watched it you immediately want to watch it again due to the amount of references that you may have missed the first time round. I know I did! I look forward to seeing more work from the Director of this film Nick Nevern his going to be one to watch in the future.

If you missed this movie during its cinema release then I urge you to buy it. This is definitely being added to my collection of Uk films. I see this being a future uk classic. The blu ray of this movie will be purchased by myself as the features look amazing.

It's 5 stars from me as 4 stars "I like it" doesn't make the cut as I simply Loved The Hooligan Factory.