Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2016
I have two other Little Dragon albums which I adore and listen to over and over, but this one is disappointing and I get bored and turn if off every time I try to listen to it. Too much synthy filler and not enough proper music. Somehow the lyrical content seems shallower and less engaging than the other albums too.
on 17 June 2014
I like this Album a lot, it's very weird and experimental. The Dj's have managed to use harsh shounds and blend them into something mellow. Not that I'm a massive fan of prince, but there seems to be a bit of influence from him in here, with the style Yukimi Nagano often sings with, especially in the song "Paris". The lyrics only really make enough sense for you to put your own meaning onto it, also, there has been so much work put into the beats, that you will (Or at least I have been) noticing new things in them for ages
on 7 July 2014
Never heard of this (rubber) band before & heard one of their tracks on a podcast the other week. It caught my ear so out came Shazam and it led me to this excellent album. Every track offers something. Considerable care has gone into this work. Have a listen.
on 13 May 2014
I chose this rating because I like some some songs on the album: 'Klapp Klapp', 'Paris' and 'Killing Me'. This is because they are up beat and good to sing along to :) the rest of the album is ok. but the only down side is the cd case, it seems that a lot of new cds have a card case which i find can get scuffed and damaged through constant use. but other than that its a good album
on 15 May 2014
I thought about 2 stars but it's better than that. "Klapp Klapp" has the old magic as do one or two others. But next to the utter genius of "Ritual Union" (their last album) it feels a bit laboured and lifeless to me. Still a great band, I just hope they haven't already peaked.
on 20 May 2014
Have been a fan since they were a buzz word, seems I have to have all their albums (on vinyl) alongside what Koop had released with Yukimi .lol. Their introduction to the world, 'Little Dragon' is brilliant, no doubt about it, their other albums are good but not quite as good. Still, the curse of the first album follows many artists/bands, IMO much inspiration goes into the first work as a collection of past ideas and effort. Alongside that people become familiar with a sound and are expectant of the same after the first, often becoming dissapointed if the artist/group want to continue inspiring and introducing new ideas which rather than being concepts (as they would in building up the first album) are now contained within a time frame of label demands and expectant fans. Pressure serves not the creative. That being said this seems to be the furthest from what I'd expect to hear from them, more electronic than soul... and the album cover??? Wouldn't display this next to the others on a wall, depicts a down turn from Machine Dreams not one for us vinyl fans, they've lost a star from me there. This is their first departure from Peacefrog who only did a small run of their initial album on wax, Four Hundred from what I recall... will cost you £200+ if you wanted to hear how Analogue Synths and *that* voice sounds on vinyl. IMO this latest is not as atmospheric and consistent as their other work has been, what it lacks is almost shown in the uninspired cover art, can only hope their future isn't as bleak looking.
on 23 June 2014
Seen Little Dragon on Jools and thought their sound was really good, bought the CD and I love it. Think most folk will like it if they want a bit of indie/electric/dance in their ears!
on 7 October 2015
Sound quality is fine but it came in a plastic wallet and had clearly just been burnt off. Was not happy about this...
on 3 September 2014
The stand out track is Klapp Klapp but this is an excellent electronica album, she has a beautiful voice to I love it.
on 30 June 2014
up to their usual high standard