I purchased this to complement my new Panasonic 3D HD TV and I was amazed at the price. I had expected a big brand like Panasonic with a player like this which plays Blu-rays, 3D Blu-rays, DVDs and CDs to be easily over £100, This is a great buy at the advertised sub-£70 price.

Its small, easy to set up, plug in turn on, follow the instructions and away you go. Quality is first class as you would expect from a big brand named producer and when you run Blu-ray 3D disks through it, like me you will be knocked out.

It does have the smart facilities, which are already duplicated on my TV but those people with a Smart TV will see a great improvement in the available entertainment with this little box.

How, oh how can they produce such a great player for this price.

Two weeks in I still have a huge smile on my face!!
on 18 November 2014
Didn't need a network player, just something to replace my old Toshiba zapped by lightening (don't ask!). This fit the bill and has so far performed faultlessly. I use it with a Harmony remote, so can't comment on the supplied remote but otherwise the player is quiet and the picture is excellent. 5 stars from me.............
on 30 November 2014
Works perfectly and nicely built.
Picture and sound are so so good. Blu ray performance is very good. The discs load very quickly and it only makes noticeable noise as it accesses the menu system. Once playing back I can't hear the player at all in the room.
DVD upscalling, well it might be happening but if it is then I can't notice it. Maybe I need to make it happen in the menu system but I haven't seen the option if so.Compared to a useless Samsung H5500 player it is replacing then DVD picture isn't quite as good. Sound quality is awesome. It plays files from USB perfectly too. Music sounds wonderful from this device, either from the USB or from CD, DVD, Blu Ray. It has so far played all of my ripped music files, Flac included. I have a Freesat TV recorder and it saves files as .TS files and some I've copied to USB for the kids to watch in the car. They play fine on this device via USB.
As USB I've used SD card, USB flash memory stick. No issues.
The main weakness for many will be that it isn't very smart. Only a few apps and can't see a way of getting more. No LoveFilm / Amazon Film at all! For me this isn't an issue as I have a computer.
Very easy to use. Nice remote control too. The buttons on the device are nice and solid. Real buttons as opposed to dreadful touch sensitive things.
It has an eject and a power button on the device too which is how it should be.
on 19 June 2014
I like it; only had it a day or two and I'm tempted to 5 star it, 'cept I am a little cautious
over 5 stars. It is neat, quite small really. Remote is smallish but well laid out. Can't see that emergency
little hole for last resort opening tray. The one where you insert a thin paper clip into. However
it opens and closes fine via the set or remote control. I have played ord DVD's, Blu-ray
DVD's and 3D DVD's. 3D is excellent. You can influence Pic Saturation and quite a bit via the menu.
It can output Dolby Stereo plain or vanilla through making a choice to output Dolby codes.
For this you will need an HDMI 1.4a, that's the one with a wider bandwidth.
Though you may have a co-ax or optical connection from
your TV to Amp. Or some such connection; 'though even without you will
still get. have Dolby Pro Logic et al. Depends on your receiver/amp.
Connected to network with no trouble
I didn't even have to enter that pesky code to connect. Network smart choice is a bit limited, at least it has
BBC iPlayer. I have connected a USB small HDD and it plays MP3's happily; will give me a slide show from some pics on the USB
and will play some; small, videos also on the DVD. Usually MPEG2 or AVI. All in all it seems to work fine and I am
so-far happy with it.
on 17 October 2014
I bought this for my parents (in their 80's) whose old one was faulty (or they were using it incorrectly). They love this one and find the simple operations fine and the DVD and BlueRay discs play well.
on 26 August 2014
I can't really comment on the Bluray picture quality having only played one Bluray disk so far. To be honest I didn't notice much difference to DVD but this was just one film. I can state that the unit is very quiet in operation this is important to me as the background hum or buzz of some players can make films virtually unwatchable. I also agree with the other reviewers in that the menu navigation is awkward in as much as it is too easy to select certain options in error i.e.Netflix. Once Netflix has been selected you have to wait for the interface to load and then back-out to choose the original intended option, this is however a minor issue. Since installing the player I have spent far more time watching You Tube videos than I thought I would. The unit allows you to log in with your Your Tube credentials and so maintain a search history. Entering search strings is fairly slow as it involves moving a selector left and right across a bar containing the letters A-Z and number entry options, selecting one character at a time. The You Tube search does however come to the rescue here predicting the full search pattern from a partial entry and offering options for immediate selection. Car reviews, concerts even videos as exciting as people demonstrating a newly purchased camera bag are all accessible. Overall very pleased, if I had to select a Bluray player again I would still choose this one.
on 5 November 2014
'Wireless Ready Network Capable'. Not quite true.

Is capable when you purchase adaptor. or wire it up to your router.

Does not come with a cable to connect to your router or with a wireless adaptor to connect to your router, so buying this machine on its own can not use any of the internet features such as i-player.
on 3 May 2015
This is a super little player and very capable at playing Blu ray in stunning quality and also has the 3D playback as well. For the money it is great value. It does however lack any thrills in the display department on the front panel, all information is typically handled by the on screen display, which is pretty good so I don't really miss this. I wish that Panasonic had made the on-off a bit clearer on the front panel, all you get is a small red LED when you turn it on. The integrated NETFLIX controls on the remote are really useful when you use the Netflix app which is built in.
on 18 November 2014
This unit is just OK. It does need an adapter for Wi-Fi connectivity. It is a basic slow machine. It did fit the purpose to allow my elderly mother to play discs. For many usuers it would be limiting.
on 13 August 2014
Very good DVD's are crystal clear and look better on this than my old DVD PLAYER due to the upscaling. Excellent value for the price.