Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 5 January 2015
I'm a massive fan of the Logitech M500 mouse for it nice shape and unlockable scroll wheel so when I was looking to upgrade my mouse to something a little more fancy this was an obvious choice.

After using it for a month or so now I absolutely love it. The back and forward buttons are well placed and I can hit them easily getting a tactile and auditory click to let me know they've been activated. The left and right clicks are sensitive enough for rapid pressing but not so sensitive that you're constantly accidentally triggering them. The scroll wheel for which I purchased this item works just like my old M500 and I love it. DPI changing is smooth and responsive and well indicated by lights on the mouse. The software for calibration and/or macro setup works great too and doesn't need to constantly sit in the background due to onboard memory on the mouse: perfect!

Only two downside and not significant enough to damper my enjoyment:

1. When you've got you hand positioned in order to use all the standard buttons you would have to have mutant length thumbs to reach the "sniper" button but given I play with a low DPI and don't like to shift it in-game that's not a big deal. If I place my thumb far forwards enough to press the sniper button comfortably I can't hit the "back" button because my hand is over it.

2. The mouse scroll wheel, like the M500, also has the functionality to be clicked left and right. This is great. However, in order for this to work involves introducing a tiny bit of give into the left and right motions of the scroll wheel. It is completely unnoticed during ordinary use except for when making a large sweeping movement from side to side (turning in an FPS with low DPI) giving the tiny auditory "ting" noise.

It's the most minor thing in the world but I figured I'd list it because I'm literally clutching at straws to find faults with this mouse. It really is nice.
on 6 May 2014
18/08/15 UPDATE: So my original review is below, but having used this for over a year now I thought it would be worth sharing some things.

I still agree with everything I said a year ago for starters, it's a great mouse. The software has been updated so that you can now customize things a bit more such as the G logo light (I now have it on a dim pulse which is much more appealing and has let me keep it switched on rather than just blinding bright/off).

I use this mouse daily, on lots of different sensitivity settings and on both hard and soft mouse mats. I can say confidently that I have had no issues with the feet of this mouse, when given a quick dusting they are as good as new (super smooth). Otherwise everything else is stated below, just wanted to inform new purchasers that this mouse will last.

Old Review :

Okay, So I spilt pepsi on my G9x and needed a replacement, considering logitech was bringing out a new mouse I thought why not?

I've been using the G502 for just under a week now and it is one of the best mice I have ever used. The sensor is pinpoint, no hardware acceleration at all and it feels this amazing on all DPI settings. It is true that you probably won't need to go anywhere near as high as 12,000 but the fact that logitech have enabled this does not take away from the tracking of the lower DPI's at all.

I use a loose palm grip for this mouse, it could be clawed however given the weight and position of the sniper button this could be uncomfortable for some. The sniper button itself doesn't impede my grip but you may need to adjust to keep from accidentally pressing it.

It has a braided cable which is slightly thicker than the one used on the G9x, however it feels lighter, smoother and more flexible (seems to move with much less resistance). I personally like these as it prevents a lot of long term cable wear problems.

The scroll wheel is quite impressive compared to their previous mice. Still with the dual mode, the middle click is is much more defined as are each of the side scroll buttons. All the other buttons give great tactile feedback and seem to require the perfect amount of pressure to operate.

On the software side it is very simple to use 'Logitech Gaming Software' to configure most aspects of the mouse. All of the buttons are configurable and the horrific G logo light can be switched off (in the main settings under G502 tab). Unlike the G9x, G-shift can be assigned to a button which extends the amount of operations you can assign. You can also tune the mouse sensor to any surface (which I did do, Razer Goliathus mouse mat) and I must say I did notice a difference from the default settings. It is not a huge change, but tracking felt that bit smoother and I think maybe a tiny change to reduce the lift off distance but that was hard to tell.

A nice feature I noticed is that the DPI/Profile lights automatically turn off unless you are adjusting the settings, especially as you cannot adjust the colour to match your rig as you could with the G9x.

Adjustable weights are now in a much better place, I really disliked the draw system so I am in favour of this new magnetic door. Although I don't feel it, the mouse is reasonably heavy without any weights in and is already pretty balanced, then again the weights are there if you do want to adjust the balance to suit your play style more (or just add more weight).

Overall this mouse is very impressive, excellent tracking, great shape, very comfortable and not too feature heavy. There will be people who want a simpler mouse but for me as I crossover from FPS to RPG and even for non-gaming it is a great all round mouse.

EDIT:
Just realized it does not show this in the pictures, but the sensor is in the center of the mouse (rather than being offset in the G9x), it definitely helps.
Pros
- Excellent sensor
- Braided Cable
- Much better dual mode scroll wheel
- Weight Management
- Configurable buttons
- Comfortable

Cons
- At the heavier end of mice
- For some grips the sniper button
66 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2015
Nicely weighted, the low sensitivity button on the thumb side is pressed accidentally quite frequently while moving the mouse side to side but it's very accessible.

The shape of the mouse in real life is much more economic than the pictures suggest. The mouse is slanted to the right raising your index finger and putting your hand in a more neutral position which is comfortable for your wrist and hand.

The scroll wheel works well but it's very notchy and "loose" feeling - I'm sure you can get used to this and as the mouse gets used the parts will all settle in.

The sensor is simply awesome, nothing more to say.

The weights make a difference but ultimately you'll get used to whatever configuration you choose. Personally I added 3 weights around the sensor which gives a little more resistance but adding more weight to the back would allow the mouse to fall out of my palm at the back as I hold the mouse more towards the front so I removed the 2 rear weights, in an ideal world I'd like more weight at the front but even having the option to change the balance is a luxury!
review image
VINE VOICEon 21 August 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used a Logitech G500s, and its predecessors, the G500 and the G5, for almost a decade now, and I love them. The shape is perfect for my hand, and I love the feel of them.

The G502 is an evolution of the G500 shape, a little more stylised and angular, a little too much for my tastes, but nothing uncomfortable. I actually like the smoother texture on it quite a bit, and the wheel ridged wheel is nice.

The mouse has ridiculous DPI options, but I don't ever really go higher than 2000, so your mileage may vary. The DPI switching buttons are more conveniently placed than the G500 style. You can tune the mouse's tracking to your surface, which is nice, but I didn't see much effect from this on my soft Steelseries pad. It's nice to have the weight options, and the weights are funkier than the older G500 style round weights.

The mouse tracking is smooth and precise, and I was able to tune it well with Logitech's SetPoint software, which also allows button customisation options, surface tuning, and control of the big illuminated G. It was a little bright for my tastes, so I turned it off.

Unfortunately for me, the mouse ultimately didn't feel as comfortable as the rounded G500 design for me. My thumb would accidentally hit the thumb-button, and I found the right hand side a little narrow, so my little finger didn't sit as comfortably on the mouse. Maybe that's because I'm a palm-grip guy, but a lot of people are. It's a great mouse, it's just not quite the one for me.
on 26 December 2014
To begin with this was a present from my girlfriend. I chose this one due to the fact I needed a good fps mouse to use in games like CS:GO, battlefield and other fps games. I had read a few different reviews from several different websites and thought instantly this is the mouse for me.

Pro's - It looks great it is definitely a nice smooth looking mouse. It also moves great across my mouse mat and the software is amazingly easy to use. The mouse wheel is also a nice little touch I like, to me it seems very well made and will last a long time. Also the weight system in it is very fun to play around with but I have yet to configure whats the best weight for me.

Con's - I am 6ft 4 inches tall and have very large hands. All my old mice where very comfortable for me yet this one after an hour or so of playing my hand started to fatigue a bit and my scores started to slip. I use a claw grip and I kept pressing the dpi button far to much. Nothing more frustrating than in the middle of a firefight my dpi either goes too high or it goes too low. I have played with the software to stop this from happening now but it really annoyed me. The left click is too small for my finger and my thumb does not no where to sit due to the dpi-shift button.

All in all its a very very good performing mouse, I would give it 4-5 stars but the clutter of the smaller sized buttons then I am used to don't work to well with my grip style and the size of my hands. Maybe over time and more practice I will get back to my old skill level using this mouse, maybe even get better.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Of late I’ve been on somewhat of a mouse Odyssey having recently rebuilt my rig. The trouble with mice, especially in the absence of a brick and mortar store that carries a tidy range is that they are so personal you really have to try first to see if you like it.

Recently my two mice that have bene in rotation are a Mionix Naos 7000 and a SteelSeries Sensei Wireless. My overall favourite though is the Mionix. Allow me to explain.

I had always gone for Logitech with my favourite mouse of recent years being the weight adjustable G500. I loved it. When it started to fail out of warranty I was delighted that Logitech sent me a replacement free of charge, the newer G500S. A nice mouse that suffers from one flaw, coil whine. It’s to do with their capacitors inside the mouse and the net is littered with complaints about it. Logitech sent me another and that too had the same issue hence me embarking on a quest for a new mouse (5 stars for their customer service by the way).

The Naos and Sensei are both terrific mice for very different reasons. I was glad though to have the opportunity to check out the G502 featuring their new ‘Proteus Core’ as it had made a bit of an impact on the forums.

First impressions out of the box are that it is a very plastic mouse. Much like the G500/500S before I though and not necessarily a bad thing. In hand though it feels very nice and comfortable. Build quality is fantastic and although a bit plastic feels solid and well made.

One of the key selling points is the customisable weight option. Whereas the previous two models had a cartridge the weights on this clip directly under the mouse and add a very useful function for the user. Logitech are also keen to point out the mouse features a 32bit Arm processor, much like the Mionix mice.

There are in total a whopping 11 buttons that can be configured using the Logitech Gaming Software from their website. Once downloaded the software allows for profiles and customisation to your heart’s content. It also features a surface analyser to tune the sensor to your mouse pad (again much like Mionix).

In addition you can adjust the DPI on the fly and switch the scroll wheel from free running to incremental.

In use the mouse faired very well in Battlefield 4 and I found the extra buttons handy in Starcraft 2 for assigning actions. It seemed very accurate and the Logitech software is nice and mature allowing for a lot of customisation and profiles. I also particularly like the little fin for your thumb.

A superb mouse that will now find it’s way into my rotation and a bit of a return to form for Logitech.
44 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2014
I will make this review straight. Having used many gaming mice myself, there are few let downs that interferes the pros of this mouse.

Pros:

Frankly speaking, the optical sensor of this mouse is quite good. Good in terms of accuracy in the shooting game. It's quite effective when you use rifles which has recoils such as AK47. This mouse is a palm grip type and so, it is quite easy to rapid click/fire during the game which is also critical in FPS game. The sensor is so good that I felt that the price of the mouse mostly goes to the sensor itself.

The size of the mouse is about 13cm in length and 6cm in width which is quite similar to that of Roccat Kone XTD but 1 cm shorter in width resulting an oval sort of shape just like a reptile egg in the dinosaur museum. Due to the high precision lead by the sensor, this shape does help. If there are too much width, it can be quite hard to control such sensor I'd say.

The weight adjustment is a great addition too. The sensor of this mouse is quite sensitive and so, the additional weight can give more control to the user in a way. Many people yell that this mouse is heavy. If you have used Razer and Cyborg mice such as Rat 5 - 9 (without the weight), and Kone Pure from Roccat, you may feel this mouse quite heavy to handle. But if you have used Roccat Kone XTD, then there is no problem as it weighs about the same i felt (with and without weight adjustment on both).

Lastly, the usb cable of this mouse is quite soft. The cable itself will adapt quickly and so, you wouldn't need to make it straight/stretch the cable after unboxing.

Cons:

There are few down side of this mouse that may interfere with the good side listed above. Firstly, if you flip the mouse, you will quickly notice that there are four plastic black tape like seal for a grind protection. Normally, other brand namely Roccat and Razer won't do this. Instead, they completely seal them so that it won't peel off overtime. Here, I wouldn't worry about them peeling off but as a result of the wrong placement of the seal, this mouse chooses the surface. If you use Roccat Hiro 3D mouse surface for example, and move around the mouse, you will quickly notice the grind noise. A little delay caused by the resistance can be quite annoying when you want to aim the pointer properly during the game. Logitech gaming/non-gaming mice always gives this impression that they don't pursue for perfection, and that they are not made solely for the enthusiasts but also designed for ordinary consumers. This concept is still there with this mouse as well as the ones I used before from Logitech. This is my subjective opinion about logitech mouse products though.

The second cons goes to the combination of the wheel and the left/right click. It is certainly a nice addition that the wheel can be configured by a single click of button placed below the wheel. One click of the button gives a rigid feel of the wheel and another press gives a loose and smooth feel of the wheel. However, this rigid mode of the wheel can be an annoyance when combined with the mouse left/right clicks during the game or the normal daily operations on your PC. First of all, it feels very cheap. Secondly, the rigid feel of the wheel doesn't feel right, say while switching the weapons after few clicks of fire, the wheel accidentally moves due to the momentum of switching (scrolling) quickly. Thirdly, the clicks are loud. Louder than that of palm grip type mouse such as Kone XTD and in fact, louder than R.A.T 9 too.

The force you may put to click left/right buttons are just about right. At least, I feel this is quite comfortable. But if you switch from the soft clicks say from Razor, such as Black Mumba 2012 and DeathAdder, then you may feel these buttons need a little force to click.

There are people who complains about right clicks where they accidentaly press during the game but it never happened to me yet. This is probably due to the size of user's hand (mine is square palm with short fingers. About 17cm in length from the wrist to the tip of third finger) and the way you may place your hand on the mouse. Generally, if you place your hand as if you use the finger grip type of mouse, you may not have that accidental clicks.

Software and the drivers of this mouse works well and sensibly designed. I have never had any problems with updating firmwares when the software asked me unlike other unfortunate people who had to update the firmware manually through the installation directory. When you open the software, you will see this slide switch where you can choose where to save your profile. It is either the on-board memory chip built-in or to the PC. When you want to assign a windows function (assuming you are using Windows PC), you'd need to switch the profile save location to the PC by the way.

So there it is. Currently, I am using together with my Roccat Kone XTD and I can tell clearly, that this mouse wins when it comes to FPS games. I find it quite interesting that I use G502 for rifles that has recoils and for shotguns and heavy ones, I use the Roccat. The design of the mouse will remind you of the chinch bug or the beetles and like I said above, and you may need to consider buying one of the logitech gaming surfaces, but overall, I think this mouse is balanced and acceptable.

I bought this mouse as a replacement of my Roccat Tyon which I bought recently. Unlike the G502, the Tyon was a complete joke to me (I wrote the review of it too).

I am not entirely happy due to some of the half-hearted manufacturing especially the grind seal and the wheel which can be quite common in Logitech mice but the sensor itself is quite powerful.

When you pay for this price, again, I'd say you are paying for the sensor I thought.

I'd recommend this mouse to anyone who fed up with the laser sensor.

Warmest Regards

Tomo
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 December 2015
Bought this to replace my ageing - but still worthy - Logitech G9. I'm not a gamer... but I use gaming mice and keyboards (for music production and CAD) simply because they're more robust and more versatile. The tracking, DPI range, switchable scroll wheel and overall build quality were really impressive features on the G9 and the G502 improves on this again. I especially like the programmable buttons, all easy to customise and all are easily accessible... and much prefer the scroll wheel switch on top rather than underneath on the G9.

Hard to find any downsides really... however, one thing I will say is compared to the G9 (on which I used the 'big body' on and fully loaded its weights compartment), it's quite a bit smaller and lighter than I'm used to so if you're a large handed user, you might find it a bit odd to use at first. Having said that, it more than makes up for that by feeling both much sharper and more precise to use.

If you're not a gamer but need a reliable, versatile mouse for 'long-hours' work and can get past the 'alien cockroach' looks, the G502 comes highly recommended.
on 27 October 2014
I bought this as an upgrade to my G5.
I love the mousewheel, great idea and works well.
I still sometimes fumble over the buttons to the left of the left click (Usually in-game panic clicking) but I'm getting used to them.

The new thumb button that is meant for sniping, I have configured it to CTRL so I can resize webpages with the mouswheel when the text is too small (I am a bit old)

The only negative is the bottom side of the mouse.
For a start, the flap sometimes drops off on its own :-(
And when it's on it scrapes across the mousemat like a grubby old house brick.
The mouse feet are absolute crap. Flimsy low quality stickers that just peel off.
Today I have resolved this by putting on some Mouseskates from 'Hotline Games' (Found on Ebay)
The mouse now glides like my old G5 used to.
on 27 September 2015
Having used the RAT 9 wireless mouse for 3 years I was a bit sceptical going to a wired mouse. Everyone said this mouse is heavy before adding the weights but the RAT weighs nearly twice this.

Onto the mouse, has programmable profiles for ALL 11 buttons, it learns the surface really well and glides across with ease (Razer Goliath Mat) so you don't actually need one of Logitechs mats. The wire is braided which is great, even though its customizable like the RAT it feels great in the hand and is perfect for palm, finger and claw grip as the right and left mouse buttons are about the length of my middle finger so you never miss a click.

The infinite scroll is actually ontop of the mouse not like the G9x (a previous mouse I owned) this makes switching easy, and the software is great and really simple to use. Now to summarise

Pros
- Has 11 fully customisable buttons
- Has a thumb rest
- Has long click buttons
- Is really light (To me anyway)
- Self learns surfaces
- On-board memory so take your profiles with you
- Has a 12000 DPI sensor
- Is really well priced
- Has a braided Cable

Cons
- Only has blue lighting
- Not customisable
- Can only be used by right hand gamers