on 8 January 2017
I've only read the books from the Colorado Mountain Series and 'Deacon' from the Unfinished Hero series so can't compare to her other books but this one has to be my least favourite from the whole series. I just didn't enjoy it and for some reason couldn't get excited about Deck or Emme which was a shame. I notice some readers felt Jagged was poor but I reallly enjoyed Jagged and there was no 'kidnapping' plot in Jagged and I don't know how anyone couldn't like Ham.
on 30 January 2015
I don't think I've ever given a Kristen Ashley book less than 5 star's. I love her style of writing but even though I really liked this book it didn't suck me in like the others but still really enjoyable.
on 30 November 2014
This book was great. Also this series is brilliant. A must read. Love Deck and Emme. Can't wait for Dekes and Woods stories.
on 21 March 2014
I found this overly descriptive. On a whole the earth didn't move for me with this one. It was just ok.
on 19 June 2015
Grate book
on 13 May 2014
I am unsure about how to rate this.

One the one hand, it kept me up and led to me only getting 3 hours sleep the night before I knew I was going to be walking up and down mountains all day.

On the other, hand, I have now finished it and it is all sort of a blur! I remember more about the rest of the Colorado mtn series I re read before this one, yet I have just finished this, but it is not as clear and as sharp in my mind! I feel disconnected from the story!

I like Deck and Emme.

However, certain things left a vaguely bad taste in my mouth, the descriptions of how their relationship was before, when he was with Elsbeth. I am not 100% sure Elsbeth was the bad guy in that, and her reactions to it, the jealousy, the asking Deck to tone it down, all understandable! While Deck and Emme might not have clicked on what was happening till years later, the Girlfriend at the time certainly did!

Not sure how I feel about Harvey.

It needed to be longer, much longer and have some proper KA style prose. All the jumping forward in time just made me feel forced out of their story to a certain extent.

It ended rather abruptly too, and felt a bit like a balloon deflating right at the end...just a bit "ppfffftttttttt"

I liked Deck and Emme, and I liked their story, I just wish it had been more

But, even a less then stellar for me KA is still a lot better than 85% of anything else I read.

A decent 3.5-4, rounded up to 4 stars.
on 21 November 2014
Loved this one, it was much more like the old style KA even though it was not as detailed as her older works (thanks to the publisher I would guess).

Both Deck and Emme are awesome characters - I just adore how Deck was always there for Emme, refusing to be pushed away and so very much in love with her. He is the epitome of a superb KA alpha hottie but with the gentleness that Emme so needed.

For me, although the story did not have the flash and dazzle of the first four CM books - murders/beatings/other men/woman playing a large part in the story) I still loved it. The story focuses rather on Deck and Emme's relationship and love for each other.

Another KA 5* read for me
on 5 February 2014
Wow just wow. Kaleidoscope is KA at her very best! I have read every book of hers available on Amazon and this has hit my top 3! Totally fell in love with Deck and emme and really enjoyed hearing about characters from earlier in the series. So very recommend with 5++++++++++++++++ stars.
on 6 March 2014
God I can't believe I'm away to say this but what the hell has happened to Kristen Ashley? It's like she's been kidnapped by aliens and they have programmed her to just keep repeating what she wrote in the last book just a change up of names same dialogue in every book same perfect people and everyone else sucks flawless beauty but speaks like a moron... I just didn't enjoy this book but I guess I have had my fill of ms Ashley...
on 5 February 2014
I have for a while considered this series to be a formula which started out brilliantly but doesn't have enough plot changes and character changes between books to keep the reader's interest.

The female lead is basically the same through all books - apparent in the dialogue
The male lead is basically the same through all books - apparent in the dialogue
The house and situation is basically the same in all books - see kitchen, bathroom, decking, back yard..........
The plot is basically the same in all books - lead female gets kidnapped/threatened and man has to save

This formula has been ok because KA's writing is so good that it's like a warm blanket, it's comforting, you know what you're going to get however in this book she gave us the usual sassy, smart leading lady Emmie and then in the second half STRIPPED her of all her independence, basic decision making and sass.

What was unforgivable was that she did this through making the leading lady a sufferer of PTSD and tried to blame lots of Emmie's decisions on this............for instance, seeing her love interest in an embrace at an arranged meeting with his ex when he specifically told her he was doing something else, she is rightly very pissed but HE gets mad and tells her that she's unreasonable because of her 'mental illness' and she should be friends with his ex and understand he was doing it for her own good!!!!!!! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW I NEARLY THREW MY KINDLE AT THIS POINT!

So, the whole second half of the book is about Emmie realising that she is to blame basically for EVERYTHING because of her problems but luckily Deck is going to bring her out of it, show her the way, be her knight in shining armour and stick with her until she sees the light...........................

Seriously, I cannot express how disappointed I was in this book - I have ALL her others and although 'samey' at least she doesn't de-power her leading lady.

Sad :(