Format: DVD|Change

on 3 June 2014
I have a large selection of exercise DVDs including other 10 minute solutions. This is the best by far. I don't understand what the previous reviewer meant. This is definitely a HIIT dvd. I go to a HIIT class at the gym and this is very similar. I consider myself to be very fit and I was still out of breath. There are 5 10minute sections which are all very good. Don't hesitate to buy.
on 24 March 2016
I rarely review anything but just have to for this dvd. Am a regular gym goer and HIIT class lover and this dvd is as good if not better than any class I have been too. The instructor isn't annoying, the sets are quick and challenging and not endlessly repeated so you don't get bored. I aim to do 3-4 of the workouts and that has me dying! Highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2015
When mountain-climbers seem like one of the "easier" moves you know you are in the middle of something pretty intense! Lisa Kinder is personable and keeps you motivated through these five sets of very intense segments. Each segments consists of 8 minutes of exercise plus a short warm-up and cool-down. That makes a total of 40 minutes exercise if you do the whole thing (hard) - which is equivalent to the Jillian Michaels "Burn Fat Boost Metabolism" DVD. However, this DVD is definitely harder: primarily because it is entirely composed of plyometric exercises and floor moves whereas Jillian gives a broader range of moves.

I have taken off a star because some of Ms Kinder's moves are tricky to perform (perhaps aimed at the younger user and difficult for us more "mature" users) - I mean one legged burpees!

It is very intense and not recommended for beginners, but it's a good one and I intersperse it with the Jillian Michaels video mentioned above. Tough but effective!

UPDATE after 4 months. That I am still using this DVD twice a week shows that I must have got over the few "tricky" moves. I still can't do one-legged burpees and modify a couple of the other moves, but otherwise it is fine. I like it because it is challenging and intense - you will get very sweaty. I usually do one or two of the segments after another short workout to get a final sweat on; or I do three or four of the segments as a heavy-duty workout in itself. I still prefer the Jillian Michaels DVD mentioned above, but this is a challenging change.

UPDATE: at 9 months I have stopped using this DVD. The floor work was too annoying for me and I have found exercise DVDs that I prefer - one being Guillermo Gomez's excellent kickboxing DVD set and another being the Kickboxing 10 minute Solution with Jessica Smith. Both more fun and less awkward than this one.
Such an awesome DVD. If you are short of time and want to achieve great results by giving it your all, this is a great DVD to use.

The 5 x 10 min workouts are all challenging and will get you sweating by the 2-3rd minute. They target different areas which makes them perfect fit mixing and matching.

Doing even only 10 mins is a good workout in itself, but I aim to do two in a row for an amazing, I-spent-can't-catch-my-breath feeling. The instructor is very likeable and encouraging. Even when I feel like I've got nothing left to give, she seems to give me an extra whoompf and gets me to push this bit harder.

I love the premise of this HIIT DVD- working really hard for 20 secs and resting for 10 secs. Every 10 min section has 8 exercises repeated twice with a very short warm up and cool down. Indeed this DVD offers one of the hardest versions of HIIT, but is not undoable, unless you are really unfit. The instructor offers easier versions of some of the exercises which helps. I like that the exercises are of a good variety and overall less taxing on my dodgy knees than other forms of exercise.

Main positive is, this DVD has got me out of breath and sweating in no time, and given me a good muscle ache the day after I've done it. If you want to get fit quickly, are short of time and want an effective workout, this DVD can be a great help in achieving your goals. I'm addicted!
on 28 January 2016
I've only done 3 of these 10 minute workouts on here (x2 of the Legs/bum one because I love it and x1 of the Abs workout) so far, and it's Great!
Don't get me wrong, it's Hard... especially if your not used to workouts like this (like me I've never done HIIT before) but after just One Legs/Bum workout to see how it worked .... I felt it the next day! The instructor is Very motivational and she does All of it with you, there's none of the fake silly noises like you usually get on workout dvd's. She shows you how to do each thing, and how to moderate it (e.g if you can't manage the jump after the squat, leave out the jump) and you can see that she's working hard too.
Most instructors don't even seem to sweat or get out of breath, but with this one, you can relate and tell that it's working, and even though she is fit and healthy, and is obviously very practiced at it, the workout is hard, as she is just as out of breath as you'd expect because she's actually doing the workout to it's full extent. (I guess what I'm trying to say is that, there's no fakery and you know you will get the results if you try).
It's a very fun workout too!
What I recommend is that you watch the whole dvd before doing any of it, that's what I always do so I know what to expect when I come to doing it.
This is the best 10 minute solutions dvd I have and I have a few, it's hard but very fun and will get easier with time and patience. You always know with these dvd's that You can do it at your own pace too, just make sure you go back for more, it's worth it! :)
Great price and I would definitely recommend.
on 24 July 2015
Not for the unfit! Brilliant dvd but you do need to be already on the road to fitness. It really pushes you. If you want a fitness dvd that cranks up your heart beat this is for you. The instructor is lovely. I love this dvd.
on 4 February 2016
Great intense workout! The 10 min goes fast so you can manage to do a few of the workouts. Was very tired after 3 workouts & sore the next couple days! Some moves are quite tricky though being new to this.
on 20 September 2015
Cannot praise this workout enough. After 10 minutes of this I feel like I've done an hour in the gym! Brilliant for a busy mum of 2! I have noticed that I am already becoming more toned and feel fitter after a month of use.
on 12 June 2014
This is how the trainer ends most segments and I always high 5 back because she has worked me hard.

I am fairly fit, have lots of DVDs but I am always on the look out for something else that will spike my work out routine. This DVD is fantastic. I was dripping in sweat after the first 10 minute segment. If you are not sweating, then either you are as fit as Jessica Ennis or you are not pushing yourself. I firmly believe you get out what you are prepared to put in.

There are 5 segments to the routine and my favourite is the plyometric segment. I love the donkey kick back and jump tuck. If exercises like that do raise your heart beat, then nothing will because in my opinion, you cannot be working out with any effort at all.

Watch out for the the surrenders with jump in the first segment - ouch!

The great thing about this DVD is that you do not need lots of space or any props. Just yourself, a willingness to push yourself to the limit and a bottle of water as you will need it. The trainer shows easier options for some of the exercises but I would say that you do need to have some level of fitness to complete the whole workout. Also, the warm up for each section is minimal so I tend to do my own stretching before hand plus afterwards to make sure I do not seize up.

I really like the trainer as she aimable, encouraging and does the exercises with you. She is so fit and inspiring. I want her physique and if I keep working out like this, I will get it!
on 10 December 2014
It is brilliant. Really great to get your heart rate up. It is as the name suggests. Lots if different exercises in short bursts. Instructor is a good motivator. Enjoying this very much. Glad they are in 10 minute bursts as can do other ones as well. Highly recommend.