Colour Name: Black|Change

on 24 December 2014
Great sound but only lasted 2 months dispite being well taken cared of, the right ear headphone keeps intermittently going dead. Surprisingly not due to a short at the jack end, but due to poor soldering at the speaker.

Friends also had the excact same problem with the right ear going. Probably a defective batch.

I also got another 2 new pairs which i just opened both right ears didnt work, too late to return and trying to claim warranty is a joke

Sony are really rubbish these days
on 17 December 2015
Solid performance from EX15LP's as expected.
Sony IEM's for below £25 in my opinion are amazing value.

Good warm smooth soundstage, with slight bass emphasis makes an enjoyable and comfortable listening experience.
Good overall design. They do break after a few months if you sleep on them (ie put pressure on the plastic shell) but that is to be expected.

If you want budget IEM's, look no further (I've had 10+ pairs of these and similar sony models below £25 in my time).
on 14 January 2016
Good all round inexpensive buds. At this price it's not too traumatic when they get lost or the cat chews them to bits. They're actually a pretty decent sound - good (if a bit unnatural) bass extension and pretty clear mids and treble. You don't feel like you might be missing detail as you do on some low cost examples. Way better than the ones that come with iphones so a good replacement,. At this price I would certainly recommend them.
on 6 April 2016
Just to be completely above board, I didn't buy this from amazon, but I liked it enough to leave a review here all the same.

I work in studio environments, and as a musician, I'm very very picky about my audio. I'm used to headphones with a flat response. I've had in ear headphones from Phillips and Sennheiser before and I really didn't like them. They were ok for somebody who doesn't care all that much about audio, but anybody like me with decent ears, really wouldn't like it.

However, despite the cheap price of these headphones I have been really blown away. My main headphones that I'm using are a pair of Audio Technica mx50 studio headphones, so I'm very accustomed to very rich, detailed audio. I was really worried about getting cheap earbuds, but I needed to have something that I could wear while in bed (I'm in the habit of watching tv in bed to try and go to sleep).

I think that these are excellent for watching tv on the go, with voices in the mid range being nice and clear, without the bass drowning anything out. The treble frequencies aren't amazingly smooth, but what do you expect for spending so little on earphones?
As for music......they're actually pretty amazing. I listen to a lot of Rock (such as Royal Blood), metal (Pantera), Rap (Kendrick Lamar), and some acoustic music (Jason Mraz).
With such a mix of genres, you'd think that such a cheap pair of headphones would not be able to keep up, but actually, they're really good. I bring these to work with me instead of my big headphones sometimes, and thats saying something, because I never thought of the bigger headphones being inconvenient.

There are very few minus points about this. I'm not usually much of a fan of earphones, as they don't fit my ears all that well, but I think that these are a very comfy fit (and I wear these sometimes for 2 hours at a time).
The only thing that I think is a drawback is that I think the cables are probably not going to wear all that well over time, but at this price, I don't think I'll mind all that much if I have to buy a new pair, as earphones are just more prone to wear anyway compared to big over ear headphones such as my Audio Technica headphones.

In short, buy these if you need to save a few pennies on quality headphones. These are really doing very well as a second pair for convenience for me!
on 22 April 2016
Pros:
- Brilliant bass
- Easy to put in ears
- Do not hurt after long period of use

Cons;
- Wire gets tangled easily
- Solder is pretty poor

These earphones for the price I bought them from my local Boots was phenomenal! The bass is really good in them, they are easy to wear and don't hurt your ears after you've been using them for a long time. I've had to get mine replaced only once and that was because the right earphone had stopped working. I've seen other reviews where they have said that they are rubbish but my experience has been totally different from them. I would definitely picking up these earphones if you're on a budget and want some good-quality ones too.

4/5 stars because of the first pair breaking after a few weeks of use.
on 28 October 2014
Very disappointing. though the sound is crisp and clear, they are very quiet - I have to turn the volume up almost all the way to enjoy the music. The bass/ bottom is frustratingly slight. Quite trebley - though not, as I have found, as lacking in bottom as skullcandy smokin buds or duobuds. They fall short of the ear buds that come with ipods and iphones. One plus is that the silicon ear sealers do manage to block out wind, traffic and gym music quite nicely. However, my advice is to avoid at all costs! There is better value at this price. (They cost $30 in Australia, so not a flippant purchase here!)
on 19 December 2015
Pros:
- Spare earbuds included
- Sound quality is alright for earphones, not bad but not the best
- Decent price

Cons:
- The soldering on the speakers are poor, a pair has broken on me.
- Could be just me but these get quite painful when wearing for long periods of time.
- Unsurprisingly, these tangle quite easily in a pocket.

Overall, I gave these headphones 3 stars because while I like these headphones and they are at a decent price, I would invest a bit more money towards a higher quality and less painful set of headphones.
on 18 May 2016
For a cheap pair of earphones these ones have lasted surprisingly well for me, nearly a year and a half which is outstanding compared to Skullcandy ones I have bought previously (only lasted 3 months). I am purchasing a new pair due to the left earphone breaking, but will be more than happy to purchase these again in the future. First pair were bought in a local HMV store, not amazon.

The sound on these is pretty good, although I have found it depends what device I plug them into as to how good the sound is (I have 4th generation iPod nano on which the sound is pretty poor and very quiet, but with my iPhone 4S the sound quality and volume is great). Would definitely recommend these earphones to anyone.
on 30 March 2016
When plugged into my phone, any movement to the cable or jack makes a horrible scratching sound, you can't enjoy it. Tried with other headphones and the scratching stops. Wouldn't recommend for heavy use.
on 24 April 2016
Good for the price. The base isn't very punchy but adequate as deep electronic noises and vocals are all there in detail. You may need an equaliser on your device to get the most out of these things. First I was disappointed, but the more I listen the more detail I realize I can hear in songs with these. Sometimes a bit unimpressive tough.You get what you pay for, and in this case the price is right.