Customer reviews

on 20 February 2016
If you are looking for a tracker that works for swimmers, this is it! I've been searching for a tracker for swimming fans that didn't cost the earth for the better part of a year. so when I stumbled across this I was delighted, and if I'm honest a little nervous as to whether it would be any good being so cheap as trackers go.

I'm really pleased I bought this, it tracks everything from sleep to swimming, and is comfortable to wear. It's quite stylish looking, I purchased the purple one (my favourite colour) and love the fact that the leds are purple as well as the tracker. It comes with really clear instructions on how to fit the wrist strap to your wrist, and on how to set the android app up to work with your tracker. There is also a website that you can use and I believe there is an ios app available too. Sadly it's not available on Windows phone.

A handy little feature of this particular tracker is that if you haven't moved in 55 minutes it will flash up a pattern of lights to catch your eye, and when you tap the button it tells you 'It's time to move' on the led screen. There is also a time function so you no longer need to wear a watch.

The app gives you a choice of three levels depending on how active you already are, being quite the couch potato I opted for the lowest level, and believe me for someone as unfit as myself it's quite a challenge filling my daily activity meter up. Its very motivational when you do get through the day and see that its either full or nearly full though. And delightfully if you manage to go over your daily goal it tells you in % how much over you have gone. So far the best I have managed (ever) is 104%.
on 20 January 2016
great idea but metal strap on sides came off and cut my hand, very dangerous. Program was hard to connect to and find info on for the device we purchased. Each time you tried to download the info it was hard to connect to web site.
on 20 June 2017
Doesn't hold charge. Doesn't last even 24 hours before needing charging again.
on 10 March 2017
Got this on the 3/1/17 and it as just gone wrong it as no power and will not charge. not happy with this at all. can not send it back to Amazon as it said no returns. try to contact polar loop but no answer.
on 26 June 2017
This is the 4th one I bought. The first one is still with me after more than 2 years and the others were bought for friends.
Very reliable, durable and quite accurate.
on 25 September 2017
Good but a little uncomfortable to wear in bed, to monitor sleep activity
on 20 April 2017
Won't connect to iPhone. No response from website request for help. Return imminent. Fitbit again for me!
on 14 January 2016
Having to cut it to size for your wrist can be stressful as if you mess it up, you've ruined your band and cant wear it .
on 1 February 2016
does everything it says
on 12 July 2014
Polar Loop, Love it! Took a bit of a plunge buying this as many of my questions were unanswered through searching the web, in this review i'll answer the questions I had, hopefully it'll be helpful. First of all I am not naive to fitness trackers, i've had fitbit flex, one, ultra and force; the basis band; body media fit and Jawbone up... Out of all these I prefer the Loop, why?

Accuracy: This seems far more accurate than any tracker i've used with a caveat: the bluetooth HRM. For basic movement tracking alone I think this works much better than the up, which as far as I can see only gives calories based on steps and consequently often ended up with a pathetic daily burn, and better than the fitbit which always seemed to over estimate. Add in the Bluetooth HRM and it ROCKS! Spinning, exercise classes, running, weights everything recorded with accuracy and great detail - trust it 100% Use this in conjunction with Myfitnesspal (more later) and I am now seeing the weight loss i expect.

Detail: As mentioned the detail given with the HRM is amazing, tells me time in different fitness zones, %fat burn vs fitness (if you believe that slightly antiquated idea) and accurate calorie burn.

iPhone app: Forget other older reviews where syncing is criticised, the new app and band upgrade have never failed me 100% sync success, the app work differently to fitbit etc and on the surface seems to give less detail but you can delve deeper within the app and the polar flow website, no complaints there, actually prefer it to other apps which although look more detailed actually offer less data.

Flexibility: I wasn't sure if this would measure swimming but it does, comes out as walking in the burn stakes which is probably about right - tend to do front crawl after a workout to cool down and stretch out tired muscles.

Fit: People criticise having to cut the band, and it is a bit daunting, but at the end of the day you have something 100% tailored for you thats weighs practically nothing. The clasp lock is secure an unobtrusive - like it!

Questions and answers I couldn't find anywhere else: does it accurately track swimming - yes. Does it work in your pocket - yes (i'm a nurse so can't wear anything on my wrist while on duty but stick it in a pocket and at the end of the day it tells me my steps - may be slightly less accurate as it doesn't get all the motion I do each day, but still records and gives believable burn so i'm happy) Sleep tracking - I think earlier versions gave really basic time lying down data, but the release i'm using gives amount of sleep and %sound vs %light sleep - not as detailed as say the basis or up but at least it does it, and well I'm asleep so all good.

Negatives: It doesn't sync with Myfitnesspal - not a deal breaker, I just set my calories on MFP at 0 and then add yesterdays burn as an exercise to today - not ideal but looking at weekly burn let me know pretty accurately net calories + or - so i'm happy - read that they are looking to integrate which would be great, but not holding my breath as polar not known for working well with others. Battery life is poor compared to other trackers - get about 4 days just using tracker and 3 days using with HRM, but as I sit and type it's plugged into laptop and charging away - only takes about 90 minutes to go from empty to full. If i decided i've had enough and want to sell on with ebay i'm somewhat limited in prospective customers due to the already cut wristband - but have no intentions of selling up in the near future.

Would i recommend it? Totally. Who's it for? I'd say people who are serious about accurately recording their activity who work out - if you're just starting on a fitness kick or just want an easy way to track and sync with MFP then i'd suggest the Fitbit (although now that the force isn't available i'd encourage you towards the loop).

I hope this review helps you decided! I always think when i see glowing reports on Amazon that they are written by some company PR person, but I can assure you that's not me, just a delighted customer!
33 Comments| 258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse