Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 March 2014
To my surprise - and for such a low price - this CD set is consistently excellent. Within the 60 songs there are no real duds.

Most importantly for me, these are authentic recordings from the time and the sound is very good. I share another reviewer's disappointment that there is no further information on the recordings, specifically dates of recording, but that won't stop me from giving the package 5 stars. I am 66 years old and this collection contains most of the familiar favourites plus others I found myself knowing once I got into the chorus of the song. I am very satisfied with my purchase !
on 6 April 2014
Lovely to hear original recordings of theses songs, our church is having a flower festival based on WW1 songs, so this was good research material, people never remember the verses only the chorus, the verses are well worth listening too.
Be great for schools doing projects on the Great War.
on 27 July 2017
Am excellent compilation of the songs in circulation during Which. The recordings still maintained the atmosphere of the time.
on 3 January 2016
Nice to have the original recordings and many were unknown to me.
on 10 March 2017
Top seller, will use again.
on 2 August 2015
Each sound track is as the original recording.
on 1 September 2014
The quality was not as good as I had expected. But there again price wise it was quite a good offer.
on 22 March 2017
Wonderful collection of 60 songs!
on 12 November 2014
excellant
on 6 March 2014
Considering most if not all these recordings are going on for 100 years old the sound is inevitably 'vintage,' but that is only to be expected. What loses a star is the total absence of any documentation! Far better to have charged another pound and included a booklet which would have greatly enhanced the set.