Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.74

Five very different people, located all across the world are the recipients of a key. This key can be the answer to their prayers, or could be the start of a nightmare.
Each of them receive exactly the same key, each of them have exactly the same instructions, and none of them have a clue who sent the key, or why.
It soon becomes clear to these five people that the key will allow them access to riches beyond their belief, it will allow them to become powerful, and famous and noticed by others.

Being the owner of the key will also thrust them into situations where their morals and beliefs are tested, and they will all deal with these challenges in different ways.

The Key To It All is an action-packed story that is intriguing from the start. Each of the five characters are developed excellently, and each of their stories are tightly woven into a plot that is filled with glitz, glamour, violence, terror and the ultimate pay-back.

The reader is transported right across the globe, taking in Rio, London and Cannes amongst others. The descriptions are lush, the characters are real and well-developed. As the individual character stories begin to start to link together, the pace really becomes frantic but more and more compellling.

As well as being a fantastic read, The Key To It All will make readers stop and consider. What would you do if you were offered access to everything you ever wanted? Would you question? Would you accept, not knowing if it would end, or if you would ever have to pay for it?

The Key To It All is racy, it's well-paced and it's a great concept and excellently written. I enjoyed every page - highly recommended.
on 28 February 2014
I have read all of this author's books and think this is her best ever. It has a great premise at the heart of a fantastic plot and moves along at an irresistable pace. I read it over two days and loved every page. The mysterious key is delivered to five people who really need the opportunities it provides, but it is not as simple as that... The story moves around the world and has the glamour, wit and sex appeal we all expect from Joanna Rees. Don't miss out on a book which will keep you gripped through every page.
on 9 March 2014
I'd been looking forward to reading The Key to It All by Joanna Rees ever since I first spotted it on Amazon as the concept sounded so intriguing, and having read all of her previous books I'd definitely say that this is definitely her best book to date.

The lives of five complete strangers from different parts of the world are about to suddenly change as they each receive a mysterious key which when used has the unseen power to grant them any wish that they desire. It's a real Pandora's box as it could give a chance to make a difference to their own lives and the lives of those around them but make the wrong choices and it could also turn into a living nightmare...

What I loved most about this storyline was the diversity of the five main characters as they all were completely different, not just because they came from different countries but also the lives they led before and after as a result of receiving the key. But the one thing that they all do have in common is their ultimate questions... who is behind the key scheme and why were they specifically chosen?

As I've already said I loved the concept of The Key to It All as it sounded so different to anything I'd read previously and it certainly lived up to and exceeded all my expectations. It was a real page turner of a read which had me hooked right from the off as we're taken on a journey with Julia, Christian, Scooter, Kamika and Harry as they deal with the consequences of the choices they make. It's a thought provoking story that does make you think about what would you do if you received the ultimate power.

Even though I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this eBook in a clever marketing concept of a unique USB key which definitely would have piqued my interest if I wasn't already sold on reading this story, I have also already bought a paperback copy to add to my bookshelf, bought a copy for my best friend and have also recommended it to many others as it's a fantastic read that I want others to enjoy as much as I did.
on 21 September 2015
I loved it. Probably not much more I can add to what other reviewers have already written.
It's an interesting take on an old theme - if you were given the key to your heart's desire, would you use it for good or would you use it selfishly? What if it gets into the wrong hands?
It is interesting to guess how the five main characters are connected - there are flashbacks to a past event with older characters (not key holders) which eventually hint to what's going on.
The characters are diverse, believable and likeable (with the exception of one or two villains)
We are transported to various locations, the narrative is descriptive and it really gets the moral compass working. How far would I go? I would like to think I fall into place somewhere between Julia and Scooter.
Worth a read, I will try some other Joanna Rees titles.
on 13 March 2014
Great idea, well paced with interesting characterisation. However, the ending was very rushed and I still don't know what Harry's connection was to the whole thing.....?
on 20 March 2016
The book started with such promise but did loose its way a bit. I found the jumping between characters very disjointing, not leaving the reader enough time to really get to know each one. The whole premise is a bit unbelievable and silly. I did read to the end because I had invested my time in the story and wanted to find out what happened. However, the whole book was very forgettable and I will not be seeking out any other books by this author.
on 7 April 2014
What drawed me into this book was that I liked the cover of the five smartly dressed people look like out of the TV programe gossip girl or 9210 or revenge, and the idea of the plot..Five random people all recieve a key. What the five people do not realize is that it about to change their lives ever. Julie Pires a teacher leaves her school and finds a black wallet full of bank notes.Scooter Black is sent by her agent for a screen test.. I am afaraid I did not relate to the five characters. I thought this might be a novel that I would not be able to put down . But I didnt really like the story. Normally I can get into all kinds of novels, but not this one. I am really glad that many other readers loved this story. After all that is what makes us all different we all like different novels. I hope that many other readers will enjoy this story. I personally do not want any feedback on review as I am not the only one who could not relate to the characters and the story.
on 17 August 2014
Great book
It takes a bit of time to remember who is who and what their stories are but once you got that then it becomes a page turner. The writer is really creative. The book goes about 5 different people in different parts of the world and they are given a key that will give them anything they want, this will show you how people react to this gift and how lost your souls can get or not. I really enjoy the book I just wish I could make up stories like this.
on 12 March 2014
A great thriller and a real mystery right until the very end. Each character is distinct from the rest and that is what makes this book a worthwhile read!
on 5 July 2014
This book is quite difficult to follow as there is just too many lead characters, with each chapter slowly unveiling their own stories, whilst also tracking their current status, really not a book for me or one I would recommend.