on 27 April 2015
Forget your dull Psych 101 college courses—this guide illustrates how to apply methods of psychology to everyday life in a way that doesn’t put you to sleep. Bell’s writing style is straightforward and easy to follow, perfect for the budding psychology student or just those curious to what it’s all about! I loved the easygoing style and helpful way the author could connect perhaps abstract or complicated concepts to personal use. A nice brief course, I highly recommend Bell’s guide to anyone interested in looking deeper into the human mind.
on 23 December 2014
Jonny Bell knows his stuff and he applies it extremely well in his books, this one included. If you have even the slightest interest in the field of psychology, read away. Recommended.
on 8 January 2015
Applied Psychology: Practical Guide to the Human Mind...is a useful information solution-oriented guide to bettering your basic understanding of how the mind works. The author does a great job explaining concepts followed by examples, making the information useful.
Many books just give the information, and neglect to teach you how to apply. This isn't the case here.
There's something in here for everyone. I recommend you grab it today!
on 23 January 2014
Fascinating word of advices on how to understand psychology better, this book has 6 chapters that discusses every part of psychology that we can use in our evryday life. If you are looking for something that can help you remove psychological disorder, this book also has a therapy that can help you solve it like neuro-linguistic programming and sports psychology. I bought this book because I have a friend who is experiencing psychological disorder and he's afraid to see a specialist so I think this book can help her.
on 24 January 2014
Whilst I heard and read of these topics before, it was nice to see them grouped together in this short book.

I particularly liked "Think like a Champion' because we are all... we just don't know it!

Thanks Jonny, a real good guide to help people improve themselves.
on 23 December 2014
"Applied Psychology: Practical Guide to the Human Mind, Step-by-Step Advice" is a well thought out book, with an important emphasis on ‘practical.’ In crafting this book, the author, Jonny Bell, made it his mission to minimize any professional jargon that may confuse the reader, and replace complicated terms with brief explanations that even a layman can understand. I applaud him for offering a deeper understanding of the ways we think and act, so we may reflect upon them.

I whole-heartedly agree with the premise of the book, that “Too much emphasis is given to physical cures that we forget that behavioral disorders are manifestations of something wrong in our psyche. Drugs are a proble-solution mismatch; changing how we think is the right cure.”

Five stars.
on 20 December 2014
"Applied Psychology" by Jonny Bell is a self-help book written in simple language that relies on neurolinguistic programming and sports psychology to help readers treat their own phobias and psychological disorders. Utilizing Cognitive Behavior Therapy, the premise is that readers may be able to manage, if not minimize, their own disorders.

The book discusses dualism, treating mind and body are separate entities, in terms of Biopsychology. It also tackles Social and Cultural Psychology. As its climax, the book discusses evolution's influence on humans.

Interesting exploration for the self-help set.
on 20 December 2014
This was a very well written book on the said topic. While I am no psychologist I have always found the human mind intriguing. I have always wondered why some people think the way they do and what is the mystery behind some of our inner most thoughts and why some people act the way they do and do the things they do. When one truly comes face to face with a guide on human psychology such as this little remarkable book written by Jonny Bell, the veil from ones eyes will be removed and what was once thought shrouded in mystery will be revealed. This is a very powerful book and I highly recommend it.
on 30 December 2014
What a fantastic resource! This book is packed full with a wide assortment of invaluable information about how we function as human beings and how we can use what we now know about our psychology in order to better our lives. This is not the first book I've read by Bell, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I love his way of writing and making hard-to-understand subjects more easily digestible. This book is a book of practical application (something that is crucial in this type of genre), and you'll find numerous ways to improve your psychology.
on 18 December 2014
This is a surprisingly fascinating book. Well written in an easy to understand style and well researched. Applied Psychology: Practical Guide to the Human Mind, Step-by-Step Advice to the Understandings of Psychology (Positive Psychology) by Jonny Bell gives you a great overview of psychology and the workings of the mind. It’s impressive how the author breaks down complex theories into simple to grasp explanations. This is one of those books everyone should read. Recommended 5-stars