Price:£4.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I was looking for cool recognisable figures to theme my YouTube videos when I came across this 'Minecraft Diamond Steve Action Figure'.

I'm not a huge fan of Minecraft, but I personally like the look of this product: the 3-inch character, which comes with a cube and a sword, is articulated like a lego and you can even remove its helmet.

Unarguably, the overall quality is not exceptional: it could feel a bit more sturdy for a price between £5.50-£7. But it's decent. And I can imagine that Minecraft enthusiasts will be satisfied with this item.

-I hope you will also find my review and my photo coverage helpful-

TIP
- "for ages 6 years and over": make sure small children don't have access to this toy as it's far too easy to remove (and potentially swallow) the limbs of the character, its sword or its helmet...
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 13 June 2014
The one and only !! My life is now complete ,the jewel in the minecraft crown , A minecraft essential
on 5 August 2015
Bought this for my daughter's 7th birthday. Like many her age, she's a bit Minecraft-mad at the moment, and loves all things associated. So in that sense, it was an easy side-gift.

The quality is pretty poor, you're basically paying a premium for the fact that it's Minecraft. It must cost peanuts to make and feels cheap. The figure is like a Lego figure (around twice as large) and similarly articulated. The pixel patterns such as that on the block is actually quite poor on close inspection (not that a kid cares, of course).

Maybe I'm getting cynical but can't help but think the packaging is oversized - a bit of marketing wizardry perhaps to make you think it's worth more - the reality is £4-£5 is probably a more reasonable price for this.
Like a lot of kids my son is in the "Minecraft" phase and wanted a few toys to play around with I saw a few of these at the shop and picked them up for him

The toy is something along the lines of an oversized lego figure (head rotates, arms and legs move), the quality is not as good as the price indicates (in my view fairly low density plastics used here)

There are other packs around with different figures, I think on balance they're pretty expensive for what you get. More for display than playing with them.
Steve action figure can hold the sword and well that's about it in this version he has the diamond armour (the kids will know what that means), though you can get other items for him to hold, and there is a block of stone. For some reason this is exciting and fun for kids, still he likes it but I won't be buying more packs of these Minecraft toys. At £3-£4 or so that's about what it's worth.

Some of the more expensive packs are frankly grossly overpriced. But I'd encourage the manufacturer to look again at the quality here, it could certainly be better.
I'll update the review if the "Steve" action figure lasts or falls apart, not exactly the last word in toys. Simple but then kids just like stuff like this.
on 21 July 2014
Was purchased for my grandsons 7th birthday, he is heavily inot Minecraft at the moment and was thrilled to receive this
on 2 October 2015
The package that we got was fake, my son was so diappointed, I got him 3figures for his birthday, one was missing a nose,there was just a hole,no nose,en the swords and other things they can put in their hands couldn't even be swapped because the hands of this figures were a lot smaller. The package itself wasn't even firm,that's when I knew these weren't the real ones...so off to the store today,buying another real one...
review image
on 7 January 2016
Knowing the extortionate prices charged for Minecraft products I was hoping that this would be a bigger product for the money paid. I will be thinking very carefully before purchasing any similar products in this range
on 13 July 2014
My son was so pleased with this addition to the mine craft figures. His hat even comes off. Great fun.
on 25 July 2014
Fun item. Probably expensive for what it is being formed plastic but for Minecraft fans money is no issue according to my son! He loved it, and was surprised to find that the diamond helmet is removable. Printing is good, sometimes on this type of product it can be poor, but lines and features are neat. I would probably have given it 5* had it been around a fiver to buy as I think that represents the value, but I would buy more based on quality.
on 16 June 2014
Recommend to any other mine craft fanatic
Would like to see other characters from the game so that he can collect them