on 23 September 2014
Agree with other reviews. My only gripes so far are that the keyboard used as a cover almost doubles the weight of the iPad. Also, if you revert to using your iPad off the keyboard stand the touchscreen keyboard on your iPad won't always appear automatically for you to fill in text/search boxes or type in a message on a forwarded email, for example. So you either have to bring up the iPad touchscreen keypad by pressing the keyboard key on the Anker ( a pain if you've taken the iPad upstairs and left the Anker downstairs) or deactivate Bluetooth via Settings on you iPad and reactivate when you want to use the Anker. Lastly, the iPad simply rests in a slot in the Anker so when using the stand facility you really need to place it on a hard surface, table etc. Using it like this on your lap in a comfy chair doesn't work well because the iPad makes the gadget top heavy and they can easily fall apart. Having said all this, having a fuller function keyboard compared with the touchscreen version on the iPad is great.
on 12 September 2014
Starting off, upon receiving the product, I was fairly impressed by the packaging. What I got was a very nice looking thin light brown rectangular box with a white slide-on cover which showed the picture of the keyboard and some information about it.

What was inside the box:

- The keyboard in a fitted plastic bag
- A nice Micro-usb cable to charge the keyboard with
- Stick-on keyboard feet
- The Happy/Sad card
- The user guide

The keyboard was very easy to connect. All I did was simultaneously press the Fn and the C key which sent the keyboard into pairing mode. Afterwards I searched for the keyboard on the tablet, followed the procedures and BOOM, I now have a mini laptop. One thing I was really impressed by was the build quality of the keys and the back cover which by the way is aluminum. The keys were really easy to type on and felt very nice. The pop up stand is also very cool and comes in very handy. Also the cover feature of the keyboard also works as promised. Overall I am really satisfied with this keyboard and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a bluetooth keyboard cover for their iPad.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.
on 29 July 2014
...this product is wonderful. Just got it delivered today and within an hour or so of charging it off the USB using the lead provided with the device, it was ready to go. I am typing this review using the device. The pairing instructions were easy to follow and faultless. The device itself looks like it was originally made for the iPad 2. I haven't tried it out yet but when attached as the iPad cover it also looks and feels slim enough to fit into the Belkin for iPad sleeve. As somebody who trained on a manual typewriter and is a very proficient touch typist, having used devices like the the Psion 5, and other computers from the 1980s, this keyboard cover turns the iPad into something better than one of those 10.1 netbooks from a few years ago.
on 5 October 2014
I like it! Does what it is meant to. It is not a real keyboard, so there is no comparison to a laptop keyboard. As I have an older heavy iPad, it is top heavy and is therefore not well suited to being used in the lap - that is what a laptop is for. But for on the go, on the airplane or portability without buying a smaller laptop - it's great. Keys feel nice. Only issue is it won't stay closed, so I have a case to slip the iPad and keyboard in when travelling.
For reasons I won't bore you with I've had to revert to an ageing work-supplied iPad 4 for a while.

I was looking around at different keyboards and came across this Anker keyboard case. I was impressed from opening the Amazon box. The packaging was good quality and made me feel like I'd bought a good product.

The keyboard itself is quite weighty but this is due to the bottom-side being designed to match the brushed steel of the rear of the iPad. There is also a magnetic strip which secures both halves (iPad and Case) together when not in use.

Pairing was simple and the Ipad recognised the keyboard straight away without any issues. The iPad "clips" into the recess on the keyboard which makes a section of the top rear of the case "pop up" to hold the iPad firmly in position. The iPad can be used in landscape or portrait modes.

The keyboard itself is well made and easy to use. The only issue I had was the location of the @ symbol (it's above the number 2), but I soon got used to that.

I have to say for the money I paid I'm fairly pleased.
review image review image review image review image
on 25 September 2014
This keyboard is ideal if you are looking to use your iPad as more of a laptop. I use this for my Masters at university and take it with me, it's light and useful and the battery on it lasts for ages. My only gripe is that it's supposed to double as a case, which it does, as it connects to the iPad with a magnet system similar to that of the smart cases you can buy from Apple. However there is nothing keeping the screen attached the screen of the iPad, so if you want to put it in your bag the case will open easily, so I have had to buy a sleeve to keep them both in, which isn't an issue for me, but may be for some!
on 14 November 2014
This is a superb keyboard and the pros have been well documented in other reviews.

The cons are as follows:
1) The ipad simply rests in a groove which makes it unstable. It would be better if it clicked in place so that the ipad does fall off.
2) There is no hinge like a laptop, so the ipad cannot be tilted in different directions depending on light conditions.
3) The magnetic catch which holds the keyboard to ipad is not very strong, consequently, the ipad and keypad are easily detached causing one of them to fall.
4) The keyboard cannot be powered from the ipad or vice versa, so you have to have two separate leads, one for the ipad and one for the keyboard. Furthermore ipads and the keyboard have different leads (incompatible).
5) The battery power is not very good, so it needs charging daily.
on 28 August 2014
I really love it, I was not entirely sure I needed a keyboard and thought it would be an accessory that would end up in a cupboard. Not a bit of it, I use it all the time. So much easier to type and even when not using the keyboard it is a very stable and useful stand! I am extremely happy with it and it has been 100% reliable. Build and fell are good and it was extremely easy to "install" - just ensure Bluetooth enabled and connect! Only criticism is the little silicon stick on "feet" supplied lasted about a week, but I have not found them particularly necessary.
on 15 April 2015
This is the 2nd Anker Ive bought having dropped a whole mug of tea over the 1st! I loved it so much I got another straight away . When my sister saw it She went ahead and got one too as she liked it so much.
A clever easy to use device that frees your hands to type and places the ipad at a nice angle for usage
on 24 June 2014
Item came as promised without delay.
Very good value, ideal for anyone using their ipad for Business/notetaking.
Battery life very good so far!
It's like having a small laptop and protects and smartens up my machine.