Colour Name: Grey|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 January 2016
I spent a long time looking at various pairs of headphones and finally setted on these - despite the Beats bashers saying they're only for people who care about style over substance. Well, now I own a pair, I can safely say those people are wrong.

Yes - they are a good looking pair of headphones. I got comments on them in the office on the first day I bought them. And I've continued to get comments and questions about them after that. The shiny headband will attract fingerprints of course, but they're only really noticeable if you look closely anyway. The build quality is fantastic. The hinges lock solidly, the band adjusts well and doesn't pinch. I can wear these for long periods with no issue. The foam earcups are very comforable and the leatherette finish is lovely. The cable is thick, the L shaped connector is a nice touch and is well built, and I find the remote works well, and because it's a bit bigger, it's easier to change volume/play/pause than with some headphones.

When it comes to the audio, let me start with things that some people might not enjoy about the Beats. They do leak a little bit of sound, when they're at full pelt. Nothing major, but it might annoy a fellow train passenger if you're at full volume. Isolation is very good though - you won't hear that much of the outside world.

The soundstage is not flat. The headphones do bring out the bass without question, but it is NOT overwhelming, and the sound as a whole is pretty well balanced. You can hear highs and mids without trouble -- I've certainly heard parts of songs I didn't know existed before! It's a vast improvement on my pair of in-ear earphones, which I'd previously thought were pretty good.

If like me, you've been debating about getting a pair of these for a while, just take the plunge. The only thing you'll regret is you didn't get them before now!
on 19 December 2014
Got these when people on the train could clearly hear and not like my "durgy cr@p" (wife's comment on my music taste). Well I can control my Samsung S4 and a classic iPod with a bluetooth adaptor with ease. The buttons on the ear work well. Pairing is really easy and the music is clear. If you have an EQ on your music device you and turn down the bass - but I like it high. Cuts out the sound of the annoying people who talk on the train all the way into waterloo! Uncomfortable after about 2 hrs of wearing and the top of my head needs a rest then.

Nice container to keep safe when in your bag. Packaging is bit ott though.
on 20 July 2015
These look and feel a quality product, regrettably they are not. Less than 24hrs after getting them the glue that holds the material on the cup came apart. Made at with the cheapest quality and are an avoid at all costs product.

Luckily Amazon are fantastic and have offered a full refund. Thanks Amazon.
review image review image
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
Bought these as a gift and they are amazing! The sound quality is phenomenal and so clear and crisp. He loves them so they are worth the price and i would recommend these to everyone interesed.
Amazon's service was efficient and reliable as always, no complaints.
on 29 March 2014
There's no doubt these headphones sound good but £329 good? Not quite...
5* for style 4* for sound 4* comfort but only a 3* for value from me? Thankyou and good night :)
on 24 May 2016
I didn't want to appear a fashionista and go for Beats originally but have to admit the sound was better (to my ears) than the likes of Bose Quiet Comfort in some back to back tests that I did.

The sound is deep and rich and the noise cancelling feature is a bonus for any days that I commute to work, blocking out the vast majority of background noise. I use these headphones with an iPhone 6S.

Beware if you like to talk to your friends, though, as the built-in microphone is barely adequate and people will have difficulty hearing you compared to the standard Apple headphones.

The packaging of the headphones could be better: when they arrived (folded) in their box, one of the foam headphone cups was slightly squashed at the lower part and distorted and the shape has never fully sprung back. Also, there was no cleaning cloth with them as advertised.

After 3-4 months of careful use, the cover on the foam, over-ear cups has peeled away revealing the foam underneath. There is no stitching here, just a glued seam, and it's come apart, which is surprising and disappointing, to say the least, for an item with a £300+ price tag.

I contact Apple support who arranged for a box to be sent so I could ship them back for repair but this seems really unsatisfactory. I want a new pair, not a repair. I subsequently contacted Beats directly who, even though they're owned by Apple, assured me I'd get a new pair of headphones. I just have to send them back and wait up to 2 weeks (!!!). I can't really fault how reactive and helpful the Beats customer service people were, but the general build quality, with the fact that the headphones have had an issue like this after a couple of months of relatively light use, make me question how long the replacement pair will last.

I will wait to be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised.
review image review image
on 29 May 2014
Ive got a lot of pairs of headphones especially on the wireless range theses dr dre wireless studios are made form better materials than all his other in the range and feel a lot sturdy on your head even on treadmill
However would point out these are ridiculously loud ear drum annoying loud
The badly distort on full volume
The Bluetooth handset use is kinda poor doesn't always work or clear
The actual range of the headphones is limited and always turns off when theirs other Bluetooth devices around
For the price range you can get better parrot zik wireless headphones is what I recommend
They are made with a lot better materials and feel a lot better on
sound much better on full volume have awesome wirless range and crystal clear as a Bluetooth headset aswell
that all being said they still better than any in the dr dre range if your a dr dre fan
But for me it's a shame no stores had them on display not even apple store so I could have tried them 1st and would have saved £350
on 3 July 2015
I've owned 3 types of beats headphones, eventually, they all break due to wear and tear. After spending £320 on these wireless headphones. I've come to notice a serious manufacturer defect. The inner part of the cushion is sealed together with glue. After 3 months the whole thing started falling apart. Yes it's under warranty, but they'll repair it the same way and it will dismantle again. Right now, I feel robbed and I want my money back!
on 2 July 2016
Bought for my 15 year old daughter, so this review is mainly based upon her thoughts. I should say up front that I had pretty low expectations for these headphones, thinking that they're more a fashion brand, rather than a half decent bit of tech, but you know what kids are like when it comes to the 'cool' brands. Happy to admit that I was wrong. Whilst they won't compete against a decent pair of audiophile headphones, that's not their purpose. They offer surprisingly well balanced sound, and the noise cancellation is excellent (not as good as my newly purchased Bose QC35's, but Bose pretty much own the noise cancelling market). They seem very well put together, and the packaging is superb (due mainly, I suspect, to the take-over of Beats by Apple). The supplied hard case is a welcome addition, and several good quality leads and plugs are included within the box.

First thing we did is charge them up, via my Mac, registered them, and updated the firmware via the Beats website. They charged quickly - from the supplied 30% to 100% in about 30 minutes, via the standard micro-USB socket in the ear piece. They paired effortlessly with her iPhone 6 & iPad, and have a useful 'fuel gauge' set of lights on the ear to designate power charge. The fit is very good, and they fit comfortably around the ear (as opposed to the Beats Solo, which fit on the ear). They're apparently very comfy even after a couple of hours, and sound leakage is almost non-existent.

One thing to note is that the red version (which she particularly wanted anyway) were a full £100 cheaper than the other colours. At first I was hesitant to order in case they weren't genuine Beats, but they most definitely are (and registration & identification by the firmware update confirms this). Even at duty free this week, these were £70 cheaper than their best price.

Summary: I was expecting a fashionable but not-great quality set of headphones, and was pleasantly surprised. 15 year old thinks they're fantastic!
on 19 October 2014
English is not my native language but i will try to be clear.I would like to start by saying that Beats as a brand is extremely underrated.If you should listen to internet commenters,so called tech experts and youtube rewievers all Beats products are low quality products and they are more like fashion accessories than real headsets and for accurate music we should look at the likes of Bose,JBL,AKG etc.

Okay,they might be right but it doesn't mean Beats products are bad.I am not an audiophile nor am i into sound engineering (or a professional DJ) but i love music and i most certainly can tell the difference between good and bad.This 2014 Beats Studio Wireless is a powerful headset,with loud and strong sound.With this headphone on you can easily hear the instrument sounds,that little details you usually wouldn't hear with an ordinary headphone and thus your experience will be a lot nicer.The bass is punchy but not overpowered..it is very balanced.I usually listen rock music but these headphones are especially good at handling hip hop.

Overall,i am extremely very happy with them.They look extremely stylish too.