on 9 May 2014
It's simply jaw-dropping to look at. I bought it as a new PC for myself and it sent my staff off whimpering "I want one....."

PROS:

The screen is lovely and needed very minor calibration. The critics will complain that it's only 1080p, unlike Apple's higher resolution iMac screens. I guess this is true but the iMac does not have a Blu-Ray player or a 10-point Multi-touch display. At the point I am writing this, iMac did not have an Ivy Bridge i7 either. I had been drooling over iMacs for some time but never bought one. I am glad I waited for this instead. This makes working life a joy. I may even buy one for home.

It doesn't come with too much bloat-ware. Lenovo's own utilities will be more useful for home users. I just wish they didn't force McAfee on you, but this is easily uninstalled.

This is how Angry Birds was MEANT to be played. (Angry Birds comes pre-installed!!) It comes with a few touch games, mainly aimed at children. I am sure content will grow as touch screens become more prevalent.

CONS:

Keyboard and Mouse: The mouse and keyboard are not the best. The mouse feels cheap and plasticky, I won't be using it. The keyboard is quite nice and a I would use it if the CTRL and FN keys were not transposed. I've checked all the keyboards in our office (including 2 other Lenovo keyboards and one Lenovo laptop) and on all of them the CTRL and FN are in the correct place. This keyboard has them the other way around. If you are a touch typist like me that uses the CTRL key a lot, this will drive you nuts. The keyboard that came with this machine went back in the box after an hour.

HDD: I wish there was an option for an SSD hard drive. The performance of the installed WD HDD is the only thing that lets it down in benchmarking.
on 24 October 2014
Totally dissatisfied.couldnt turn in it on after 2 months use.Returned back to the manufacturer and they took 4 weeks and said its beyond repair .I didnt agree for a replacement because the new version of the product which costs the same amount has no blueray drive .
on 10 April 2014
First lets look at the physical element - huge screen & very good clear image, even with the many finger prints it inevitably ends up with. It's quite heavy & awkward to move, the instructions warn you to move it using the screen & not the base, but there's a very good reason for that - try lifting it by the base & you'll shred your hands on the razor sharp edges.

The bundled mouse & keyboard are OK, but nowhere near the quality of the Logitech kit that I'm used to, despite that being 3 years old.

Claims to have built in TV tuner, but that's difficult to prove as I can't find any software to access TV, it doesn't even have Windows Media Center & Microsoft want to charge you $99 for that! The included TV remote only seems to work if you're watching a DVD or consuming media in some way, it doesn't work if your using the screen with an external source through HDMI.

If all you want is a very large, good looking bit of kit to consume media then this isn't a bad machine, although audiophiles will hate the tinny sound - I have mine hooked up to descent speakers, so it's not a big problem for me.

For getting any real work done windows 8 is a complete joke - fortunately there's recent changes that enable you to use a far more windows 7 like environment that brings with it far better productivity. I am seriously thinking of loading windows 7 on it & suspect it'll then be the incredible machine that it promises to be!
on 4 July 2014
Really happy with this PC! a powerful machine for the money and screen size!
I was going to buy Apple - but spending £1800 could not be justified and this is a worthy replacement. It loses some screen clarity to the Mac - due to touch screen technology but it makes up for it in terms of flexibility.The speakers are rubbish in the machine so plug in a better system - but keyboard and mouse despite previous reviews are sleek and nice to use.
For under £1050.00 this is a bargain!
on 5 January 2015
Computer went faulty after 6 weeks but have not had it repaired/replaced since last month.
on 9 July 2014
We purchased this computer because we have a 21" Lenovo PC which is extremely good. However we found the A720 computer totally unsuitable for photo editing which was what we bought it for. The screen had a strong blue cast which was impossible to correct and also lacked vibrance; giving a very flat and dull image. We did return the computer and obtained a full refund.
on 11 July 2014
Seems to be a good purchase, no issues so far other than a lock up after a weeks use but the system reset without loosing data or software worked well
on 9 August 2014