on 6 May 2014
I have used this device at least 10 times over the past 3 months (on facial hair) and I can honestly say I have seen no difference what so ever, I will continue to use this product for another 3 months, if there is still no improvement, I will get in touch with the manufacturers.

Edit: I have used this device for over 18 months every 4 weeks following the manufacturers advice, I can honestly say I have seen no difference what so ever.
on 6 November 2015
The item only works on dark hair and visibly 'frazzles it' but on medium to light hair it simply does not work, and does not do anything. Even over a long period of time when used even on the highest setting it does not do anything.
I hope others will have better luck than I did.
on 27 August 2015
Not quite as I imagined - quite tricky to use but all right once you get used to the lights, the noise, etc. It is not very substantial and feels like a glorified shaver. I am hesitant to recommend it to anyone as I am not sure that I will use it very often.
on 4 February 2014
best product of it's kind I have tried, also good price. I am pleased with the quality of the product and the ease of use.
22 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2015
This isn't a real review, I'm trying to figure out if Amazon is sending me defective versions of this device. On Prime Day I ordered this item and received one with a 'blob' of glass on the tube that runs through the treatment area of the device. It's placed off to the right of the tube and faces out of the device. I thought this wasn't correct and online images of the device do not have this weird bubble of glass (however there does appear to be variance in the appearance of that tube- whether it's surrounded by a coiled wire or if the tube has 2 separate rings markings that divide the tube into equal thirds). I ordered a replacement but it also has this defect in the same place. The shape of the 'bubble' isn't 100% consistent between the two. I attached a photo of the first device I received. Have people used a device that has the same appearance? As my replacement has the same bubble but in a very similar place on the tube I'm wondering if it's actually meant to be there or, alternatively, if Amazon has a load of dud devices they tried to offload on Prime Day. I'm uneasy about using a laser device on myself when there's a chance it won't function correctly and possibly be harmful
review image
33 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2015
No more will you have to hide your lady 'tashe! As with this product and a few weekly sessions it can be permanently removed, as can your "mohair socks" from your legs, any under (or over) arm hair, and of course, the dreaded gash-tashe. If its hairy, you can make it as smooth as the palm of your hands! Go from moose to skinny pig in a matter of weeks! Enjoy.
on 13 March 2017
Too complicated and too much hassle to use
on 21 March 2015
Absolutely gobsmacked by some of the reviews I have read on here; people really need to learn to read the literature before use!!

It is not an instant hair removal product (process is gradual over a number of months) and in the initial weeks, is used no more frequently than on a fortnightly basis.

I've read a review of someone stating that it did not work on 2mm hair! Well that's because you have to shave first to allow full penatration of the light in to the follicle and it's not an instant fix. Second review which baffled me was someone stating that they used it everyday with no effect! The reason why they state a minimum of two weeks in between use is that can have the opposite effect and actually speed up growth if used more regularly than at two week intervals.

I have had Hirsutism since my teenage years and this product has been amazing, giving me freedom from shaving and the damage constant shaving causes.

I just hope the people who didn't read the instructions nor watch the YouTube videos didn't cause your skin permanent damage!!
on 4 April 2014
Have used it now for a few weeks and not sure if it's permanent hair removal but has noticed a slight reduction in hair growth. Perhaps it's still too early to see the full results.
It's not as painful as a proper laser and I like the convenience of using it when it suits me at home.
on 12 August 2015
My personal experiences
I have tested the product now approx. 3 weeks and am really surprised by the result. The small guy has provided within the shortest time for a zone "free of hair" on my legs and in the armpits.
The skin felt good after every treatment. Nevertheless, I have also maintained the skin afterwards with a lotion.
Indeed, the use is absolutely painless and the result is worthy of notice: smooth legs and flawless armpits.
I have also treated my little facial hair with it and also here a visible success (see pictures) is there. After 3 weeks what is hardly to be seen.
Result
My personal experiences are completely positive. The Silk'n Glide is light in the use and efficiently in the result. The skin is not damaged and the hair problem is packed directly in the root! Back a cultivated and nice skin, flatly and remains above all freely of hair and painless!
review image review image