Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 January 2014
I have to say that I wasn't sure what to expect with this title as I only knew Vertigo/Relight My Fire but the cover of Free Ride would have been worth it alone. The highlights are some of the best Disco I have heard. Hands Down (Hands Up) is far superior to the album version and the Progressive Vocal mix of Vertigo/Relight My Fire over the last two tracks is fantastic. The interview with Producer/Remixer John Luongo is fascinating. Nice packaging and amazing sound round out my favourite reissue of the year so far!
on 15 January 2014
34 years since the release of Dan's `Hands Down' 12 inch and then the subsequent release of the Relight My Fire album. The awesome title track still sends a ripple through you as the late Loleatta Holloway pounds through the song: This is an example of Dan at his best. This CD release gives us the best of all worlds and expands on the original vinyl track listing with bonus material take from the accompanying 12 inch mixes. An amazing blend of disco music, mixed by the musical master John Luongo.
on 14 January 2014
Firstly,let me say Im no stranger to BBR/Cherry pop etc,I have well over a hundred of their reissues.

However this album has left me very disappointed.The sound is very flat and hollow.

This is on Hot Shot,so maybe this offshoot of BBR does things with different sound people.I was planning on getting "the Sheryl Lee Ralph one,this has put me off.
on 15 January 2014
HAVE NOTHING AGAINST this reissue ALL DO SO THANKFUL THAT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED, BUT AGAINST THE MASTERING THE SAME THE SOUND IS PESIMO, NOT THAT PERSON OR PERSONS HAVE remastered BUT LATELY THIS RECORD LABEL ARE LEAVING RESMASTERIZACIONES PRETTY BAD.
on 10 September 2014
Worth it alone for the storming Lolleatta voiced Relight My Fire. Can you believe people actually bought and even liked the Take That / Lulu version!
on 27 August 2014
A classic album of disco music of the end of 70's with bonus tracks, single versions and full lenght 12" versions
on 13 April 2016