on 9 August 2014
i used to buy this when asda sold it, and then they stopped, struggled to find it elsewhere, so so happy to find it on amazon, i love jack and i love jim, but this is in a different league, its so smooth and so tasty, if you like american whiskey and have yet to try bulleit dont be mean to yourself and hit the button, if you dont like it (that wont happen) give me your address and i'll be up to empty it for you
on 13 December 2015
I've never been a whisky fan, I bought a bottle of gentleman Jack for my dad and loved that. I got this as it was on offer on Amazon, 5 bottles later its my firm favourite, smooth yet with a sweetish hint, good strong flavour. This kicks woodford reserve's ass big style and to boot is cheaper. This is exceptional quality and at this price is amazing bang for your buck. If you haven't tried it I really wouldn't hesitate, you won't be dissapointed.
on 2 September 2014
Oh yes, smooth, complex flavours, delicious. I have bought more. Not quite as in your face as Knob Creek. Fascinating to compare it with Bulleit Rye, both good but different. You have to try a few whiskeys to begin to really appreciate the differences between the endless variations in grains, countries of origin etc.

This is noe to come back to.
on 13 July 2016
Not much of a whiskey drinker but this has gone done well at parties and has been finished rather quickly. Perhaps not as flagranced as other whiskeys sold by AZ lately but some may prefer it that way.

The bottle is nicely designed as in the old days and perhaps would not look too out of place in a western (perhaps without the label though) and will go well with traditional Cola/soda/etc. as sold on AZ. Perhaps get some costumes from Angels and have a full-blown western party ;)

Best wait for a deal as the default price is a bit higher than supermarkets but I will definitely get more once it comes on a deal.
on 20 December 2015
I normally drink Jd or Jim beam, but this was on offer, so I tret misen (said in a Yorkshire accent)I normally add coke and ice with Bourbon, but I thought I'd try it neat. It's smooth but has a nice little kick. I can't smell "wood, charcoal pine trees etc" that others can smell, it just smells like bourbon to me. It's 45% so a little stronger than "the norm" but it's lovely and soothing on a winters night. Cheers 🍻
on 9 January 2016
Lovely bourbon - never tried previously but saw it in Sylvester Stallone movie Bullet To The Head where his character only drank this bourbon. I'm not that easily influenced honestly, I did read lots of reviews first and this was considered good quality and nice flavour so I took a chance when there was a Christmas lightning deal promotion on Amazon in December and it had a few pounds off the normal price. Really not disappointed - far nicer than Jack Daniels in my opinion, something I drank too much of in my youth, as it's smoother and more along the lines of a quality malt whisky though taste different of course. Suffice to say I'll need to look out for another offer as I haven't got an awful lot left now Christmas and New Year have gone!
on 15 December 2015
this was the first time tryin bourbon whisky i had tried many other whiskys but bourbon was still off the list! i have to say now i have this fine bourbon i dont want to drink anything els its amazing! was abit skeptical at first becouse you cant always go on what reviews from others say because everyone has different taste buds! but for me personally i am very happy with this and great packaging!
on 26 November 2015
Make sure you have a cork-screw to hand when you open it. I like the design of the bottle, but the top/cap is very fragile. The plastic cap (Handle) separated (sheared-off) from the cork when I tried to open it ( I just opened as normal, not much pressure) and the cork was stuck in the neck of the bottle. Luckily it came out with a cork-screw.

About the Bourbon itself all that I can say is that I LOVED IT!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 February 2016
As per usual I had no idea what I wanted for Christmas and so when asked repeatedly I decided that, as a whisky drinker, it was time I tried out some bourbon. I was not expecting too much but this one came fairly well rated when I read all the reviews. How delighted I was. The Bourbon is slightly sweeter than the whiskies that I drink but not in an unpleasant way and it also had a distinct smoky side of it but again not in an overpowering way. I actually did like it and have now (February so that's not too bad) finished it and am looking for new Bourbon experiences. I am not saying that I would forego Whisky for this however it is a very pleasant drink and I will certainly be happy to drink Bourbon every now and then in the future.

Overall Summary: Slightly smoky, slightly sweet, certainly very smooth (which was not what I was expecting at all!) and a delight to sample.
on 7 March 2016
I am far from an expert in Bourbon type drinks but this so far is the best I have tried so far. It has rich bold flavours and is very nice neat without ice. Leagues ahead of JD. I am finding it very hard to not buy another bottle now that it is on sale again this week but as I have chosen to spread my wings brand wise it might be a while before I get back to it. People tell me that I might like Buffalo Trace more and so that will be my next purchase. If it is as good as this then I will be thrilled.