Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Colour: White|Change

VINE VOICEon 25 January 2014
Colour: White|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What we have here is a big box full of Tommee Tippee stuff. Honestly, the box really is big and this would look good wrapped up as a baby shower gift or similar. Plus most of the stuff in it is likely to get used. A lot.

The item description gives a good summary of what's included but I thought I'd skim through it anyway, given that my first (and so far only) born was raised with Tommee Tippee bottles.

First up, you get four of the little 150ml bottles. These are nice enough but if you wanted to, you could skip them completely. Their small size is a bonus, but your mum/dad bag is going to be so huge anyway another couple of centimetres isn't going to hurt. Still you get four teats with these, on top of the four that come with the bigger bottles, and you could always use them as spares.

The 260ml bottles will get a lot of use and will do you until your child in his/her late 2s if you look after them. There is a bottle brush included in the set and you'll need that to get dried up milk out from the recessed of the bottle.

The insulted bottle bags are brilliant and make getting out and about with a wee one in tow slightly less impractical, as do the dispensers (these were known simply as 'pods' on my watch). You measure out your powder into them, then pack them in the bottle bag with a luke warm bottle of boiled water and away you go.

The medium flow teats help future proof the set a little bit as your baby will move on to them sooner than you think. They basically let milk flow at a faster rate meaning junior can get round to the business of turning said milk into poo more quickly. There is a soother (aka dummy) included too but I can't comment on that as my little boy never used them. Not that I'm one of these fanatical soother Nazis, no, I'd have loved little man to have taken to a dummy, even if for the sake of five minutes sleep but there was no fooling him, even at that young age.

Lastly, working through the smaller items, come the teat tongs. Again, I didn't really use these when it was my go but, a little note for the dads - these aren't meant to be used one the wife. Not for a number of months, anyway.

Okay on to the big stuff. The steam steriliser. How I remember it well. Even though an it can take six bottles, I was loading this thing up what felt like five times a day. Honestly, it was like being called to prayer every time we ran out of bottles. Note that you probably will run out of bottles now and again, especially if you've got grandparents helping. Stuff gets split between two or three houses and the same number of cars and you lose track of it. That's parenthood. Anyway, this steamer is a seriously good piece of kit. Ours survived the hungriest baby since records began and went on to do one other before no amount of descaling it would salvage it. In short, don't expect to have to replace it in a hurry, but be prepared to miss it when it's gone.

Last up is the bottle warmer. This is probably the only thing in here that I would not bother with if I was putting a set like this together from scratch. It worked okay, it's just that my son was an erratic feeder and to get any benefit from the bottle warmer, you need advanced warning. As long as you're careful, a microwave should do you. Still, you might have one of these babies that follows the routine you set out for it and if you do, you'll probably use this.

So there you go. This really is a one stop shop for the first time parents in your life. Tommee Tippee is a rightly respected brand. Whether you choose to bottle feed (and don't let the NHS treating you like a second class citizen put you off) or whether you go for a mixture of breast and bottle, this box of tricks will set you up nicely.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2016
I have this set as good starter pack has everything you need although I don't use the bottle heater as I have a tommee tippee prep machine and then I make my bottles up as a when when I'm out. Although I have only been using it for 3 weeks and it's gotten very dirty from the heat pad I have been washing it twice a day scrubbed it really hard but doesn't seem to be working the water goes brown and the bottom shelf where the bottles are is also getting dirty. I have contacted tommee tippee as the price isn't cheap you wouldn't think this could happen
review image review image review image
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2016
I saw many reviews from other Amazon customers saying that the sterilizer can't automatically turn off and it boiled until the water dry. Actually we have to follow the instruction, only 90ml water to be pour in so that it will be turn off automatically after 5-7 minutes.

I have been using this sterilizer and warmer since March until now, it's about eight months and no problem to my sterilizer. It work well and there is no any odor. Highly recommend and worth to buy.
on 14 December 2016
Easy to use
we use it for everything for the little one !
takes like 10-15 mins
easy to clean
feels like it came with loads! ( obviously great )
Has made it so much easier to go through
on 18 December 2016
Easy to use and such a handy start-up kit. I'm breastfeeding so also bought the expressor which I put in the steriliser with a couple of bottles each day whilst I stock up. The electric bottle warmer is a non-essential item but again usable and we do use it to heat up expressed milk bottles when we have a babysitter.
on 8 November 2016
Best ever thing I bought. My daughter my niece love there's.
Got everything for baby even carry cases to keep prep bottles warm. Also little pots to put your Mesured baby powder in
Great steriliser, bottle brush, bottles, teats, pots, insulation carriers
on 31 March 2016
Im only giving it 4 starts because i wish it came with 6 150ml bottles. I Have to sterilise 2 a day because 4 bottles is not enough. I guess I will have to buy some extra. Overall good product everything works fine wish I bought it sooner.
on 4 August 2015
I am so glad I purchased this set. I've been using it non stop since bringing my little one home and can't believe how much value for money I'm getting. It's already paid for itself and my daughter loves the pacifier and bottles.
on 4 November 2015
Very good starter set for bottle feeding. the sterilizer is really great and we use to more than once ever day. cleaning the sterilizer is also easy. the bottle warmer is also very handy and with lots of bottle we are really happy with this purchase.
on 24 August 2015
*Easy to use steam steriliser
*Uses less water than cold water steriliser saving you money
*great to have 6 milk storage pots but you will probably need to buy a few more bottles in each size.
*bottle bags keep water warm for hours!