Top positive review
9 people found this helpful
Another great screen protector from Anker!
on 14 December 2013
A quick TL;DR for those who just want the basics:
- Product: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Ease of Use: 5/5
Now, onto the more detailed analysis:
The product comes in a nice slim packet which is made out of fairly strong and resistant cardboard.
There is a sticker holding the flap closed which once removed opens the top of the package, the contents of the packet are;
* One Cleaning Cloth - this surprised me actually, the quality was very high and you could tell it was well made unlike some of the other ones - what's more is that it is of a reasonable side for the intended purpose unlike those tiny 2x2 ones, this is a good 5x5 inches.
* 3 of those great screen protectors - they are in a cardboard holder but each individual protector has its own pouch.
* Dust Removal Sticker - a nice little touch that will help you remove any remaining dust after wiping your screen clean with the cloth, I would recommend that you do not remove the phone's original shipping screen protector until you receive this and are ready to do it though.
* Application card - no need for a credit card when you have this strip of plastic that will suit the purpose nicely.
* Installation manual - if you have never installed a screen protector before I would recommend you read this as it does explain how you should do it. It does include various languages.
The screen protectors themselves are great, I am now using them on both my Google Nexus 5 and also my Samsung Galaxy S4. What seems to be the case is that Anker have done their research and have made the dimensions and cutouts of the protector just the right size for ease of installation and practicality. Therefore they are easily installed after taking them out of their pouch and removing the initial side, placing it on your device and then removing the other side for the finishing touch. If you have already taken off your factory screen protector in eagerness to use the device do not worry, Anker has very kindly included a great quality microfiber cloth that will remove most if not all the grime from using the device and any remaining dust can be removed with the dust removal sticker that has just the right concentration of glue to not make it extremely sticky.
When buying a screen protector I look for a high quality finish that will not affect the use of the touch screen or the feel, even though this is not a glass protector you can be sure that daily use won't be affected. The surface feels very close to the real deal.
One of the main things you should know is that Anker is proud of their products and offers a lifetime warranty for their Screen Protectors, this includes if you fail to install it properly and mess up the process thrice - you can order a replacement! If the protector becomes scratched then you can also get it replaced, I have been using the screen protector on my Galaxy S4 for months now and it is still fine without any marks, so far - my Google Nexus 5's screen protector has been holding up well too!