Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 5 May 2017
Throughout the book my view changed as to whether I was enjoying it or not. I tend to like fact or fiction based on fact. At times this book was very much a work of fiction but the strands of fact woven through it kept my interest. By the end I was just going with the flow and really enjoyed the experience. Humorous at times, sad at others but always interesting. A strange mix of unreal but very real characters who delivered a rollercoaster of a story.
on 17 February 2016
A hilarious political comedy written in traditional Jonas Jonasson style.

The main heroine of the novel is Nombeko, a highly intelligent South African girl whose adventures are a match for those of the 100 year old man in Jonas Johansson's previous novel. She moves from South Africa to Sweden with an atomic bomb in her possession which she has difficulty getting rid of and spends many years trying to. On her journey she meets two identical twins one with whom she falls into a relationship with and together they go on a Swedish adventure to save the King of Sweden
on 18 June 2017
Really fun and easy read. Captures such a fun pace, that you will race through this book. I read this with my book club and it is really fun. It follows a super genius woman from her childhood to adult hood, and makes her the lynch pin of the Cold War. Really funny throughout, kept us giggling the whole time
on 19 April 2017
Recommended by my husband and I don't usually enjoy the books he reads! This one I thoroughly enjoyed. Well written with a twisting plot line that takes you on an amazing journey through time, history and countries. Great character development. A perfect book to be made into a film. Farce at its best. Cringingly good!
on 24 October 2017
From start to finish the author takes us through a whole host of scenarios, linked admirably together - along with several lessons in history, presented in an interesting and amusing way.
Thoroughly recommended!
on 1 June 2016
Lost myself completely in this book, never wanted it to end. A friend of mine said it was long and rambled too much - I disagree - it is full of description and experience and it not unlike Forest Gump in the idea someone can have have so much influence in such a random way. Loved this read.
on 9 August 2017
The tone of writing is conversational and light, making for an easy read.
The characters are interesting and contradictory, ranging from the highly intelligent to quite the opposite. They are well built and easy to like/dislike.
The author guides you through an unbelievable tale in a believable way.
on 9 May 2014
I didn't think the author could equal the sheer dottiness combined with insane adventure that he achieved with The Hundred Year Old Man etc etc but even though I haven't finished this book I'm savouring all over again being drawn into the lives and improbable yet just possible adventures of some quite extraordinary characters. Jonas Jonasson has pulled it off again! Don't read this book in public places if you're embarrassed at laughing out loud in front of perfect strangers.
on 29 August 2017
Its a good story, however I struggled with the writing style. However, as it was recommend by someone to me I ploughed on.
Worth a read, but I dont think Jonas Jonasson writing style is for me
on 3 June 2017
This is a classic! It's so funny yet entirely plausible in its own little world. I loved the writing style, smooth and enjoyable. I loved the characters, all believable and fun. Can't wait for the next book as this does not disappoint!