on 18 March 2014
I purchased this HP note book for my wife after considering a tablet. For a little extra you get a PC with 500g hard drive.
Upgrading windows 8 and then loading 8.1 is time consuming but not a problem.

The real pain is that HP loads lots of unnecessary software which interrupts what you are doing plus wanting you to buy . After getting rid of this the computer is a nice unit but a little slow.

One of the reasons for buying this note book was the Hard Disc which we can down load photographs while way in holiday.

One plus over Acer and some others is that the battery is separate and can easily be replaced where for Acer and some others it is a repair and all the associated cost and down time. New batteries are available as they are for many lap tops.
on 18 May 2014
Bought two, one for each of our children. Solid build, look great, Windows 8 interface a little annoying but just a case of getting used to it. For under £300 this ideal for them and will hopefully last them 3-5 years.
on 23 November 2014
Avoid buying this. It's very, very slow. I've had mine for nine months now: if you try doing two things at once - downloading software and using the internet at the same time, for example - it's painfully slow. Google streetview doesn't work at all. I play Minecraft, and had to set it to the lowest display levels to get it to work. Check the user forums: it's a known problem.
on 7 April 2014
Lightweight and portable, intuitive enough for a techno-moron like me to use, but the AMD 4-series processor lets it down a bit - with more than one web browser tab open at a time, it's slower than my smartphone. I'll look into upgrading the processor to an AMD-8 - but couldn't find any tiny laptops like this with that kind of power for under £700. Also the touch screen and Windows 8 take a bit of getting used to - I keep accidentally flipping my work away like Tom Cruise in Minority Report and ending up looking at a mosaic of other screens I didn't even know were there... Anyway, it's cheap, it's OK and it is very conveniently sized.
on 13 August 2014
Currently I am on my second replacement which took the same amount of time to replicate the same fault as the first. It is now being returned before my 14 day refund period expires and this time I will ask for a refund. This is an awful machine and it has cost me many lost hours and a degree of frustration I have never ever experienced before. The official word from hp customer support is " THERE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES WITH THE FACTORY INSTALLED SOFTWARE THAT CONFLICTS WITH WINDOWS UPDATES, CURRENTLY OUR ENGINEERS ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE"
As far as I am concerned this is not nearly good enough, when I asked how to recognise the Windows updates that were causing the problems I was advised to turn them off as the pc would operate without them being installed, REALLY ? What about security updates ? ? I still cannot believe how casual their couldn't care less attitude is and checking the various sites on the internet they are littered with the identical complaint. In my opinion nothing can salvage the reputation of Hewlett Packard than a total recall and refund of this product.
If and when you encounter a frozen screen when downloading and installing updates from Windows my advice is to return it without delay to the retailer.
on 29 July 2014
This notebook laptop is a replacement of my previous HP 11.6inch notbook. It is supposedly 3x RAM and HD capacity but somehow it seems quite slow at times. I am not too impressed with the new Win 8 interface, which requires a bit of getting used to, or the focus on the Apps, most of which I have deleted as I don't need them. I have uploaded Win8.1 version which is an improvement as it reverts directly to the Desktop like in Win 7 which I am more used to. I don't use the touch screen much either but it is a handy tool for quick scrolling up and down the screen. The graphics are not great and occasionally even the standard quality videos jam on the screen. But all in all, it is a very handy and light-weight laptop, ideal for travelling with and for the everyday tasks such as MS Office, email and Internet access, Skype and wmp.
on 17 March 2014
This was a gift for a woman in her 80's. It's lightweight, clear, fast and does everything she needs it to.
on 26 April 2014
The design is simple elegant and performance is good for the price ! all though you can tell the processor is not upto it but you cant expect anything for this price package ! thanks HP !
on 11 September 2015
Sound a bit poor. Screen ok. Not fast. However, good value for money and portable. It is a better machine with an SSD drive replacement installed. I rarely use the touch screen but it works fine when I do. I wanted a portable e-mail document writing machine. It does this.
on 8 May 2014
My laptop suffered a mechanical failure about 5 months ago, only 3 months after purchase, with the casing coming away from hinge. I wasnt particularly fussed about this as the appearance isn't critical, however having looked online subsequently i have found that this is a commonly reported fault with the model. However, after a windows 8.1 upload last week the laptop developed a fatal error in the touchscreen which after hours of diagnostics and windows rebuilds, resulted in HP admitting a hardware fault and taking the laptop away for repair. Despite having been told of the mechanical damage this has now been returned unrepaired as under the warranty HP will not fix the problem without first repairing the mechanical, and unrelated damage. After following up on this, and being without my laptop for days, I was told by HP that the mechanical repair would be £155!! I pointed out that this was more than half the cost of the new PC. I got a kind of 'uhuh, what are you going to do?'. So i'd wrap up by saying that since purchase the laptop has been unstable, and out of the box had a tendency to be unresponsive. I really think you can do better than this and am off to buy another laptop and the HP can go into a bin when it comes back, still under a fairly useless warranty.