Good value for money.
My daughter recently started playing games on my mobile, so I wanted to get her a tab.
This was one of the best options available.
Provides a variety of games and activities for the kids.
on 31 July 2017
Good investment. Kid still enjoys it - we keep changing the games every few days - generally from google play.
on 19 January 2014
Got this for my daughter's 3rd birthday and she loves it. I would never normally spend 150 on a birthday present for a 3 year old but i am so glad I did!
I've purchased a 32gb micro sd card to go with it, which works well but I need to figure out how to make things automatically save onto it as i have to keep transfering things from internal hard drive to external sd, which is a bit of fussing about.

the parental controls are good, but it would be nice to have a volume limit lock control. I love that the tab easily swithces between standard mode (adult tab) then straight back to kids mode with the touch of one button, however I find sometimes it is a bit slow to respond when switching back.

The kids apps that come pre installed are brilliant and have really good educational value for all age ranges of children (3-100yrs!! lol)

I love that you can install any apps you like, then choose which are available when in kids mode. The carry case is also really handy, and the pen is great too. It would be better if a screen protector was provided though as it's a necessity for a device being used by children, I have been loking for one when out in town but have been finding it had to find a compatible one anywhere.

We have stored loads of films on to the external sd card from an app called CartoonHD available in the google play store so it's also a portable movie player when out and about and you don't always need the internet to use it.

It states that the memory is 8GB but with all of the pre installed apps and software already installed taking up most of this space it would be essential to purchase a micro sd card of at least another 8GB.

My 5 and a half year old daughter and 14 year old step son are both hoping to recieve one of these for themselves on their birthdays this year - I wouldn't mind the adult version either, although I could easily just borrow the kids (if they ever put it down!)

definitely worth the money and better than buying a ton of toys to be added to the toy box and never used again!
44 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2015
We bought this for my 3 year old son for his Christmas last year and he loves it. The quality is as you'd expect from a Samsung, the case is pretty much kid-proof, (no dents or scratches here!) the tablet is easy to handle, easy to download apps and easy enough to switch between adult and kid modes. Battery life is good and I liked that it has a timer to limit how much time your child can have on it before it locks out.

There are, however, a couple of problems that I can see with it.
1. The tablets takes forever to charge. I have seen me putting it on for two or three hours and still not getting near 50%.
2. The memory! Although it seems like there is plenty of it on the tablet, lots of it is taken up by pre-installed apps, which can't be uninstalled at all. I tried putting a memory card in but there is no option to transfer apps to it.
3. The kids mode has the most annoying music known to man on the menu (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration but it's somewhere between Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus).

All in all, it's a good tablet, but could be a lot better. Plump for a "proper" Samsung tablet and a decent case (you can download Kids Mode in the app store without all the bloatware included).
on 10 December 2013
i must say I'm a little surprised no one else has left any reveiws for this tablet yet. firstly the price i paid for this was great £179 especially as the carry case and stylus was included.
i just finished setting the tab up for my 4 year old, and i must say I'm really excited for her... she will love it.
very often i need to give up my android phone or my husband would give up his iphone to my daughter.... well gone are those days. the simple interface and parental controls make this tablet an excellent choice, having compared other devices that either lacked a camera or speed or even the eyecatching looks.

the themes and screen avatars are so cute and the icons look great. and you have the option to use as a normal standard stock android tablet as well, and easily switch between both kids and adult mode. and for the kids that are used to ios devices, there is an option to Switch off the back and menu buttons, so that only the home button is active in kids mode just like an ipad.

i couldve gone for a much cheaper tablet, but im so glad i decided on the galaxy tab 3 kids, as i know this will grow with my daughter. there are no shortfalls in the functions, the tab looks fantastically funky, and the protective case is inovative. also this tablet comes with micro sd card slot which is a bonus too.

most importantly i have full control over everything...

very happy to recommend.
on 3 September 2014
Fantastic product!!! My 4 year old loves it. Its bright easy to use and best of all keeps my daughter amused with its musical sounds. The wide range of apps available helps enhance her learning and creativity. As parents we're happy that the parental control gives us peace of mind also. Great product and the sellers were pleasant and professional.
on 13 August 2015
I bought this for my son's 4th birthday. I wasn't disappointed. He lobes it, there are a good variety of games and it's simple to download lots of free apps and games too. The bright colours and chunky pen make it great for kids but it's also good that adult mode can be applied too via a password if needed. A great product!
on 17 November 2015
Really good tablet with easy to use parental controls. Only problem I've had with it is sometimes the music from home screen continues and overlaps with Netflix etc. easily solved by resetting though which takes one minute. My two year old has had it about two months not even a scratch yet.
on 7 August 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old son as he kept dropping my iPad and cracking the screen. This item is great and he loves it. The cases are solid and really protect it. In kids mode, I know it's safe and he loves the games he can play on there.
on 2 January 2015
Very happy with this, food batterary . Arrived next day .