on 13 November 2013
Simon Carr's years observing Tony Blair while he was a journalist and his comic genius combine to produce the most perceptive piece ever written about Blair. It's never cruel and often funny. It seeks to understand the man, and to explain. It's very deep. Of course, it deserves to be performed, and must be, but is hugely enjoyable to read. I laughed about 30 times, and even cried.
on 27 October 2013
Simon Carr is my favorite Parliamentary sketch writer, incisive and witty and a joy to read. The substance of the book is a cleaver idea but it cannot sustain substantial treatment. Not up to his usual standard. Moreover the details should make clear that it is hardly a book, more a long article that you can read it in less than an hour.
on 29 December 2014
I got bored very quickly and I didn't even finish reading it- which is very unusual for me, especially with a Single which is relatively short. It felt like yet another Tony Blair ego-trip in the end, only someone else doing it for him.
on 13 November 2013
Great read, very witty and fantastic for the commute as it is easy to dip in and out of. I recommend this highly.
on 6 November 2014
Could have been written by a first year English graduate hiding behind the cycle sheds. Sarcasm only thinly disguised as humour. Hopefully there will not be a book concerning the last judgement of Winston Churchill.
on 6 November 2013
Very good. I'd like to see it staged with Simon McBurney as Sir John and, Tony Blair as Tony Blair.
on 21 November 2014
A wast of time it will be in charity shops in record time How on earth it was published I will never know
on 28 December 2014
I started to read this but gave up after a couple of pages, I don't want to think of this man so I shouldn't have downloaded it ( it was free) but even so....
on 7 September 2014
I am a socialist, but found this book totally boring I shall go back to reading too reading thrillers
on 30 November 2014
Not happy with this purchase, I think I misunderstood the synopsis of this book.