on 23 August 2014
OK then, so there are loads of reviews on this, some good, some bad so I am going to pick up on a number of points about this fantastic tablet. First things first, this thing oozes quality, it has a nice weight and feel about it and is very comfortable to hold by the round battery pack and easy to use on a table, a tray or just your lap with the "Kickstand".

It updates to KitKat out of the box, as somebody else said, just sign into (Or create) your Google account as the first thing, then update and you shouldn't have any problems. For me, the process was simple, took about 15 minutes in total and I had the latest system installed. There has actually been a small update in the past few days to Kitkat, so this machine is as up to date as you can possibly buy.

People mentioned the lack of an "App Drawer" in various reviews and this worried me a bit as I hadn't clue what an app drawer was. It turns out that it's the page with all your apps on that you get to by pressing the "six dot" button and it's a useful thing to have so I took the advice of some folk on here and downloaded "Nova Launcher" from Google play store. This gave me, not only the app drawer but a very nice set of start pages and useful buttons, it's easy to use.....It must be as I can manage it, and it ...well, just looks and feels nicer than the stock Lenovo start page. Thanks to those who recommended it, via their reviews.

Now then, onto the other bits....Battery life, crikey it's brilliant! I was used to getting about 4 hours out of a 7 inch tablet but this thing goes on forever, I use the tablet every day for a couple of hours or more and I get at least a week out of it. I have to admit that as it charges via the mini usb thingy, it's not the fastest thing in the world to get to 100% but as you don't have to do it that often, it's not a chore.

Some have said that the screen isn't that good or clear, well I haven't a clue what they are used to but for me it is crisp, bright, the colours are magnificent and it has a sensitivity on touch that is absolutely perfect, really responsive and positive. To be honest, I've seen iPads and Kindle HD's in Sainsburys and this is just as good....OK it's not HD but you would never know, it really is that good.
Some have said that the kickstand is hard to use and a bit stiff, well it's not hard to use at all, it's the simplest and most ingenious thing in the world and, yes it is a bit stiff but as it has to hold the tablet up, if it was slacker, then wouldn't it just collapse? Sorry, but I don't get that as a reason for some reviewers to dislike it. The kickstand, let me tell you is a brilliant idea and works a treat...The easiest way to use it is not to try and prize it open with your fingernails, just grip the round battery side in your fingers and twist the tablet or the kickstand...Easy and might save a few fingernails!

On screen the keyboard covers about a third of the page, when in use and is really responsive, on my tablet, which is the 10 inch version, i can type with a stylus pen (The rubber ended things that you can get on Amazon or anywhere, for next to nothing) or my fingers and it is a very easy operation. To be honest, the 10 inch seems exactly the right size, to me, for a tablet, you get that bit more room to operate it and it isn't too heavy. I'm sure that the 8 inch tablet is just as good, in fact my Husband wants one after he has seen mine!! (Maybe at Christmas, Dear, if you're a good boy!)

So then, why did I buy it? Well I was looking at the Sony Experia, the Kindle HDX and the iPad but they really are a considered purchase and I couldn't justify carrying that amount of money around, it was just too scary! I did my homework as there are loads of tablets about but I kept coming back to the Yoga, to be honest just for the look of the thing. After reading all, and I do mean all of the reviews, I took note of the good points and figured that they outweighed the bad and I took the plunge. I ordered it on the Sunday night and it was here on Tuesday morning with free delivery, by lunchtime I was updated (It comes with a full charge) and I was up and running. Since then I have never looked back, never regretted not buying something more expensive and, well to be honest, I love the thing!

I realise that a tablet is a personal thing and everybody has a different need for one but this not only looks good but does everything that I could wish for, swiftly and with ease. There are still things on it that I haven't used as, after a month of ownership, I'm still learning but the Yoga makes that learning easy, fun and worry free. I use it for personal things, sometimes whilst watching the telly, Web surfing, emails, endless lists and the usual guff of mind numbing games, you get the idea, and it handles it all effortlessly. I am sure that if you were to use this for business, it would do just as well and also look good when you are showing it off.

I haven't expanded the memory as there has been no need but I have taken heed of the fact that a 32gb card is easier to install than a 64 gb one, so that will be my next challenge.

All in all, this tablet seems to do the impossible, it does everything that I want it to do, looks good, sounds great with the dolby speakers built in and doesn't cost the earth. I haven't compromised on a thing by buying it and don't regret my decision for a second.

I am sorry that I seem to have gone on forever, but if you have stuck with me, then thank you and if you have any questions, I would be only too happy to respond as I just love this thing.....Now go on, buy it, you know you want too!!!

EDIT ON 11th September 2015.

I have now had my Yoga Tablet for over 12 months now and I still love it! However it has come to my attention from the reviews since I posted mine that a few of you are having problems with freezing or a complete shutdown of your tablets.

I had this problem once and after much "Googling" I found a cure hidden away on some website or other ( think it was the Lenovo Yoga Messageboard) and it worked for me.

If the Yoga fails to start in the normal way, then press and hold in the start button (The main one on the end of the battery pack) for........63 seconds, then release and press the start button again and it should fire up.

I know that it sounds absolutely bonkers and a waste of time but it actually worked for me. It's something to do with that when you normally press the start button to switch on or off, then that is a "Soft" shutdown or start. Pressing the start button for that 63 seconds forces a "Hard" restart......To be honest, I don't really understand all that but as it worked, I don't really care!

I hope that, if you are having that problem, it works as well for you as it did for me and can I just say Thank you for all the positive votes for my review. They have amazed me but also made me feel a bit responsible for this great little tablet.
2121 Comments| 480 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2015
I bought this tablet from Amazon at a very good price because it was 'second hand.' In fact, it is in immaculate condition and came in the original packaging. I am delighted with the tablet, which is truly excellent for the price. It comes with a number of apps, a few of which I deleted because I had my own preferences. I've personalised it by rearranging the icons and adding Google Chrome and Firefox. The memory capacity meets my needs very well, though it is very easy to add extra memory.
The 10" screen is a pleasure to use, its extra size adding to reading and browsing pleasure. It is heavier than my basic Kindle, but I've added the Kindle app and since the tablet can stand up on its own fold-out foot, it is great for displaying recipes or for reading a book on a screen more comparable to the size of a real page.
With the foot folded flat, the tablet is comfortable to hold without obscuring the screen. I have ordered a cover with a keyboard which connects via Bluetooth. This should enable me to use the device as a mini-laptop, much easier to carry around than my larger and much heavier laptop.
The finish on this tablet is impressive. It is slim and looks like a quality item. The touch screen is sensitive and the machine is responsive and quite speedy.
At present, I am recovering from a wrist fracture and can use only one hand. I am sitting in an armchair with the device standing on my lap, resting on its own base, and it is light and very easy to use as I tap at its large, clear keys with one hand.
on 30 January 2015
Ive had mine for over 6 months now and still working fine love it couldn't go back to a smaller tablet. Excellent sound and clear screen
bought this for my wife and she loves it , great for book reading , lovely screen nice and clear, and the sound is fab
all in all a very good tablet well done lenovo, would recommend to anyone.
on 17 August 2015
the tablet in which I bought is excellent is alright for the person I bought it for
on 22 December 2015
Good for price standard android tablet.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2014
Brilliant.
on 9 December 2013
This is my 4th tablet to date and I love it. I have had Samsung 10.1 note, Blackberry and the first Nexus7. This one is the most practical device you can ever have in your home. For the first time I really enjoy using a tablet. This one flows so natural and intuitive. The stand itself is awesome and smart. Unique. Lenovo hit it hard this time. Screen is also good, not ideal but still quite nice. The front facing speakers...OMG. Guarantee everyone will love it... Well Done Lenovo!
33 Comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 10"|Style: Standard|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For anybody wanting a decent size tablet that is a bit different from the norm then this is definitely a contender. Its uniqueness obviously comes in its form and it's a brave manufacturer who dares to produce anything that isn't shaped like a slab so credit to Lenovo for daring to do so and more so for making it work. The stand works very well and I have yet to knock it over however I would feel more confident if I could buy a (non-sleeve) case for added protection but this is the trade-off for this tablet's diversity.

The software is the excellent Android elly Bean 4.2 which is new enough (but not the latest), other considerations though are the hardware specs - 1Gb RAM and a 1.2Ghz CPU are not generous for a tablet costing £200 and upwards depending on model. For general use though this will probably be ok but you may find yourself looking with green eyes at iPad/Nexus/Galaxy users with their higher resolution and more responsive touch screen. They may be looking back the other way though when their batteries have gone flat though so as with a lot things its a bit of a compromise - the battery does last exceedingly well.

Overall though, this is a great bit of kit that you will enjoy safe in the nature that apple won't sue you because they invented the rectangle.
on 12 November 2013
This is the 3rd tablet in my family and I have to say it's impressive. I have the 10" Lenovo Yoga Tablet with Wifi (they also do 8" versions and ones with 3G).

First off it feels pretty rugged like most Lenovo stuff does - it won't break easily if my kids get their hands on it. It is a nice metallic finish though the back is actually plastic it is not "plasticky" if you know what I mean. It feels solid.

It is standard Android, which I like, and setting up was very simple with all my apps and things being simple to get going. It asked for the wifi early on which is obvious but better than some other setups and made it all faster.

What I like

- The Stand - the most amazing about this tablet is the stand. It's built in and simply twists out -again it is rugged and feels like it won't break. The cool thing is it lets you stand the tablet up (which I do a lot more than I thought I would) when looking a the web, watching youtube and looking at photos etc.

- More "modes". Lenovo calls it multimode as you can put the stand out to sit the tablet up - but you can also lay the tablet down with the stand out and it gives you a nice typing angle when you are writing on it. It's actually not bad when typing emails and stuff. You can also put the stand away and the whole edge of the tablet - which stores the cylinder battery acts like a kind of handle that makes it pretty easy to hold. Feels more comfortable than my other tablets which are the old fashioned shape.

- Battery life - Oh yeah the think I really like (probably as much as the stand) is the battery life - the battery is actually quite big - though it doesn't seem like it due to the shape and it being like a handle - but it means you get a LOT longer life out of this thing. I have to charge my others every night but this one seems to last much longer. They say around 18 hours but I have not got that far yet.

- On / off switch - I get irritated by some off switches being close to the volume buttons but on the Lenovo the whole end of the battery is the on/off button so it's easy to do that now. The volume buttons are on the other end ;-)

- Buttons - generally the buttons and ports are well laid out so no more accidents. The headphone socket is the other end of the battery to the on/off which is handy. The speakers are on the front to the sound is pretty good too. The cameras are placed so you don't have your thumb over them and the micro-USB is similarly easy to get to.

- The Price - well there seem to be lots of offers at the moment so the price is really nice - compared to other tablets with shorter battery life and no stand it's a great price especially with Christmas coming.

- The quality - I sort of mentioned this already but the more I think about it the more I think it's pretty childproof. My kids will destroy most things but will struggle with this one...

What I didn't like

- To be honest there is not much to not like. I read about the back being plastic but it feels fine to me - and quite good quality. I did try and pop another micro SD into the 2nd slot a few times before I realized it's not a slot!

- The case is a problem - they don't sell them yet - looking around it seems like there are some coming soon but with such a unique shape you need the Lenovo case - they should have sold those at the same time!

- Screen - I saw people complaining that the screen resolution is not good but to me it seems fine - and for the price I don't want to pay like double for a high res screen - video and pictures look fine to me so maybe that is one for techies.

All in all I'm very happy after a week or so with my new tablet. There are lots out there and although I already have mine I did a quick check in John Lewis at the weekend and I'm still happy I bought the Lenovo. What you get for the money you really can't fault and it's the only one I can find with the stand that folds in and I think the battery is more than any of the others too.
99 Comments| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse