on 17 February 2018
I wasn't sure about Clockwork Angels so decided to see it rather than hear it. In any case, I am not a lifelong Rush fan and prefer their later stuff. But this DVD is magnificent. Lifeson's never sounded better. His tone is thunder. His lead lines quicksilver. The whole band sound great but here it is very much a guitar band with the strings adding texture too. Highly recommended for fans of thinking man's rock. Plus a terrific guitar-driven soundcheck of Limelight and a fine live version of my favourite song of theirs, The Pass.
on 20 May 2014
Although not at this very filmed concert I did catch RUSH live again after a 20 years gap from the Roll the Bones tour. First I must say thank you to my friend Jeff in helping me get to the show and as I was on long term unpaid sick leave. Jeff paid for half of my ticket even though I kept trying to put him off, and he would not take NO for an answer. So off to Dublin O2 ex The Point hall, and we where bombarded sonically in two sets totalling three hours of music. It was the highlight of my year due to that long term friendship from my old NHS days.

This DVD covers a lot of the concert I seen and then some more or less in other cases. Though it is really up to the band to pick the set list to play each night of a gig and in what order. This double DVD set is worth its weight in Big Money terms and full of extra and bonus material. When RUSH put together their DVD packages they really give you top Canadian Dollar worth of footage and some slap stick comic routines for amusement, then finding out there are even more extras as termed Easter Eggs hidden within.

So I am off to watch my Red Sector A to YYZ, to re-enjoy my past glory highlight and re-live that concert over again with my "YOU GOING" buddy, and three Neil Peart drum solo's (The Anarchist - lol), the easy pickings of Alex (The Analog Kid), and the heavy thimbles of Geddy's (The Percussor) fingers on the bass and keyboard that is my favourite Power Trio in the Seven Cities of Gold.
on 5 February 2016
This is my first Review of a Rush Blu-Ray.

The performance is as usual a high standard, I've no issue with G.L. vocal as its ageing what do expect, for someone who's one of the Best Bass Players on the planet, I will be more concerned about his playing, which to me is great.

On to the Audio mix. Like many they are justified in their observations and I too will subscribe to the disappointment.

It makes no difference whether the speakers are small or large as one comment alluded to. In 5.1. the mix seems to have too much ambient at the front and the sub woofer almost acts as a centre speaker which is a strange decision. To compensate, I kept the audio in in DTS and switch it to a 'Downmix' therefore I was able to hear all three members.

It was interesting to hear some songs not performed since the release of the studio albums, so I will say that was worth the cost.
I own quite a few Rush DVDs and I really have no intention of replacing all of them on Blue-Ray, although I may get R30 as my final Rush one.

I've also purchased the R40 BR too so my review will be done soon.
on 9 February 2014
The band are back on form and I have to say that for me, the audio mix is superb with everything in balance.

The first half sees the band delving back into the "extensive" back catalogue, playing some of their best versions of older classics. Excellent though this is, for me the concert comes alive in the second part when the strings make their appearance on set.

The Clockwork Angels set fairly and quite literally explodes onto the stage and the audience fair takes the roof off. A brilliant set.

Well worth owning. I have the Rio Tour, R30, Snakes & Arrows and Time Machine 2011 (prelude to Angels) tour DVDs.
Clockwork Angels is still a must have for live renditions of some older songs not played live for years, but eh Clockwork Angels set is truly superb. Rush at the very best.
on 21 January 2016
hghlytop quality picture and sound,very loud, bought it for missus thinking she liked them, big mistake , but i watched it and loved it ,never really listened to them before but it's now in my collection with the 3 cd set to match,and will be played quite often with cordless headphones on,turned out to be a good mistake to make.
on 20 June 2014
Great, has all of my favourite Rush songs (as in some of the older tracks, subdivisions etc from the old albums) and of course tracks from Clockwork angels. Where was BU2B though ? I prefer Rush from the synthesizer 80's and early 90's days and a great many of these are on this Blu-ray, I shall spend time watching this all the way through one day (rather than just choosing tracks from the menu) when I have time, but its great being able to play tracks individually if time is an issue. I was "Brought Up 2 Believe" Rush would have BU2B on this Blu-ray, but its still a brilliant disc. Excellent !
on 21 March 2015
Went to see this show live in sheffield and it was absolutely amazing. This live recording does a great job of delivering that experience into your living room.

I'd recommend actually going to see them if you get the chance. Nothing better
on 24 February 2018
Very good. Saw Rush on UK leg and this is a good representation of the live experience. Opening rings bells of Exit Stage Left. Good packaging and fast delivery.
on 17 January 2014
Was lucky enough to catch this tour in 2013 at LG Arena, Birmingham, what a show. Not just great music (as expected), but great visuals too. This DVD captures essence of show, and extras are wonderful too. Great musicians who don't take themselves too seriously as you can see with cartoon films and interludes, brilliant!
on 6 January 2014
Good price, speedy and safe delivery. Some Rush fans feel the plethora of live DVDs that accompany every tour they do is bordering on the rip-off...but just don't buy it if you feel that way. Having spent £70 to see them on this tour I think the price of this DVD is nothing in order to have a permanent reminder of what an unbelievable live band Rush still are.