on 30 December 2014
If you are looking for a DAB radio for the bedroom or kitchen under £100, I highly recommend this radio. The design is excellent, the controls are neatly laid out and the screen does the job to a decent standard, although the sound is really the most important aspect when looking at purchasing a radio; classical, pop and voice all sound very good on this radio as it has a detailed and warm sound. It is not the loudest of radios but it more than makes up for it with excellent sound quality. Build quality is equally top notch as the unit feels well built and the real-wood enclosure adds a real touch of class. Some previous reviewers have commented that the display was too bright, I can confirm Pure have fixed this with a software update. Classic design, excellent build quality and detailed sound.
on 20 December 2014
Bought this to replace another Pure radio (Siesta) that had stopped working. Looks wise the Evoke D2 is a nice radio but functionally a few faults, mentioned by others, that let it down. First, and really irritating, is the display. It's too small to be able to read comfortably from a distance but more importantly is the display light which is way too bright. I've had to turn the display light function off. This leads to a 2nd design fault and that's the on/off button that is set flush with the panel. Therefore with no display light it's a real struggle to find the button to switch it on/off: would have been useful to have had the button set out from the panel. Lastly there's only 4 channel preset buttons, you can access more preset channels but it's a fiddly operation. Certainly on hindsight would not have bought this radio/recommend to others.
on 24 October 2014
This is an excellent radio for the compact size. It sits neatly in my kitchen, and has excellent sound quality (the treble and bass are separately adjustable to suit personal preference).
The controls and settings are very easy to adjust and understand. The signal/reception on the radio, through the long aerial, is very good.
on 9 November 2014
The product is lovely, the sound and base is amazing for such a small radio, reason it's not gained 5 stars is the volume level is either too Loud or too quiet, the volume increases really fast and could have increased slow for me
on 8 December 2015
I received this as a gift last Christmas and have used it on a daily basis since.

I wanted a DB radio as we have several stereos in our household but none played Digital Radio stations. Living away from major cities, our local radio offerings are not plentiful, and working from home I was annoyed at listening to the same drivel over and over.

Having researched the various brands and models, I decided that I wanted one from the Pure range. I really wanted a pretty vintage looking radio but this model came within my budget when it was on a deal so I went for it and once it arrived I was pleasantly surprised with the look and feel. It is well made and the design is clean and sleek. The sound quality is more than adequate for my home office, whether playing digital stations or connected to my phone playing MP3s. The settings and general operations are very easy to figure out, even without instructions and as far as I can tell, it picks up as many digital stations as are available in my area.
on 4 May 2014
Lovely little radio that sits nicely on the mantle piece.
Great sound for such a small device and display easy to read given that the screen is no larger than a lighter.
Also easy to save your top four fav stations
(button 4 can be used for any more than that but haven't bothered as 6Music is The One for me)
BUT I really hate that it is either on or on standby - so I have to switch it off at the wall (else unplug it as it shares a plug board)
Are the guys at Pure unaware of ever increasing electricity prices? Not to mention the environmental impact?!
(And if I were wealthy enough not to care about my fuel bills I'd buy a model with more features.....e.g. CD player)
A 21stC radio that is woefully old fashioned in this one respect - hence a mere 'like' not a 'love'
on 22 December 2014
Bought this for my mum for Xmas. Delivered on time. Lovely design. Excellent sound quality. Easy to use functions. Small enough for a bedside table. The clock display is esy to read despite some previous comments to the contrary. Quite simply a very tactile product from Pure.
on 9 December 2014
I bought this hoping to replace my Pure Evoke 2 which I've had for a long time and doesn't fit on the kitchen shelf where this would fit. I appreciate that it's a smaller unit with less drivers but the quality just isn't anywhere near as good as the Pure Evoke 2 so I returned it to Amazon for a Refund.
on 10 May 2015
I brought this radio to go in my kitchen, I brought it from Currys, it is a really lovely looking radio and the quality of the build is really good. The functions that you get on the radio are quite good as well, the options to preset your favourites, change the time and date etc are good. However, I did experience a range of problems with this radio, at the £70 plus price range and with this brand name, I didn't expect to have such a range of problems. I don't know whether it was a faulty one off set, or whether these are ongoing problems in general, however I took it back to Currys and got a refund straight away.
1) the autoscan option on FM kept not working, then working, then not working..... so when I was trying to add the FM stations to the pre-set station option, I had to scan through each frequency individually...it took aaaages to get to radio 1! (PS I found out that I was not in a DAB radio area, so had to use FM).
2) the FM radio would only work when the lights were turned off...weird to say the least. I had the radio plugged into the mains in the kitchen, the FM radio was fine, really good sound, then when I switched the lights on, it was non stop static! I tried the radio out on different plugs throughout the house, same thing happened. I tried other items out on the same plug, to see if it was a faulty plug, no problems with other items... I live in a very new new-build house, all the electrics are 100% fine, so clearly not a problem with a faulty plug.
3) every 3 days or so, even though the radio was plugged in, the radio would reset itself to the factory settings, the time and date would reset, the radio stations would disappear from the pre-set selections I made, everything would reset, so I had to set up the whole radio all over again.
4) the FM signal itself, even with the lights turned off, was patchy, I had to angle the antenna to the full length and then get just the right angle, so this meant that the radio could only really go in one place in the kitchen, on the windowsill at a pretty specific angle, which meant that the electric cable had to run across the sink for the radio to be in any position to receive the signal and then I couldn't put anything else on the windowsill as that also affected the signal.... when one of the reasons I brought this radio was that it was small, portable, easy to move and as it complimented my kitchen units and worktop, the idea was that it could go anywhere in the kitchen...

So to summarise, this is a well made, quite good quality radio, which does look good and the sound is good too....when it works.....the problem I had with it, was getting it to work in the first place, and then getting it to work consistently. I did lots of research on which radio to buy before I brought it, looked at different brands, different options, looked at all the reviews....
I returned this radio with regret as I did really like this radio, however I havn't got the money to waste £80 odd quid on something which was only really going to be an ornament.
on 29 March 2016
Love it! Very fussy with my sound systems. Originally bought the small Sony radio that everyone was raving about but it was awful so returned it & splashed out & bought the Pure. So glad I did. Love the fact I can actually alter the bass & treble to my own ear instead of accepting what some "technician" decides is best. With the optional power pack (quite expensive) this really is pretty portable & seems to last quite a while before needing recharging (a painless exercise). Although the initial outlay is quite high I reckon the Pure will last me well (it's a well respected brand) & in the long run I'm hoping for many years of excellent listening.