Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard Edition|Change
Price:£15.99

on 27 November 2013
Just as fun as the previous AC games, takes ideas from all the previous ones and expands on them (sailing) or simplifies them (crafting) to enhance the gameplay. The world is very large and there are a lot of collectables spread throughout. Story thusfar is very entertaining. Definitely recommend to all, especially those that felt 3 was a bit of a dissapointment, AC is back on form.
on 13 February 2015
I may update this review in time but right now here are my thoughts. I know this game is good because I have played it. The purchase process is incredibly quick and easy and you don't have to wait for delivery with this being a download. You get an activation code which you need to enter when you install the game. And here is where the 1 star comes from. First, you have to install another product from Ubisoft and register an account. Which isn't the end of the world. But what is a deal breaker is when you enter the activation code you've been provided and it doesn't work because it has 'been registered to another account'.
So at this point in time I am having to wait for Ubisoft to get back into the office, Monday being the very earliest someone will look at my issue. I fully expect by the time the issue is resolved (if it is at all) I could have just bought the DVD version and been playing the game.
on 11 January 2016
Haven't played it yet... Installed but the same error over and over again and as Uplay dint want to listen to my submitted tickets, the only way I can make a difference is by leaving a bad rating here.
on 23 October 2014
Absorbing game with some exciting challenges. Graphics are great on my high end PC, and it runs very smoothly. With this game, though, a lot of the unique elements of Assassin's Creed have been left behind: for example, the free-running element is significantly reduced. As a pirate game, though, it's utterly brilliant!
on 17 September 2014
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is a great game that you will love. I have played most of the Assassin Creed games but this one may be the best.

The game takes the concepts within Assassin's Creed world and puts them into a pirate adventure game. The game does an amazing job of interjecting some history as well into the game. The game features historical characters like Blackbeard and Benjamin Hornigold. Beside the history, the game looks great.

The pirates within the game are not cartoon versions like the ones we see on tv. The game goes to painstaking efforts to make the story grounded within reality. The game look amazing and has tons to do within the game. Their is alot of content within the game, including exploring island and having your own pirate crews. The even acts differently based on the decisions you make, this includes singing different songs based on the bounty you collect. This is a great game that you should pick up.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.
on 30 December 2013
I gave this game 5 stars as it s a massive improvement over Ac3
It has a better story,better looks,combat has been improved and the new Naval combat makes the game fresh from its predecessor and keeps it exciting also there is tons to do !
Would definitely recommend this game to both new and old Assassins creed players.
on 4 January 2015
I am a huge fan of the Assassins Creed games and after AC3 this was a well needed update. The naval combat is fun and keeps you entertained while traveling instead of watching loading screens. The story was very short and the ending happens while you aren't expecting it but there are plenty of side quests and collectibles to keep you playing for 30+ hours
on 2 December 2013
Assassin's Creed 4 ditches the story from outside the Animus and continues the story in the Animus. Desmond is gone but the Kenways are still here. If you have a decent PC the graphics of this game are truly stunning the colours in nature pop out and everything is more beautiful than ever. Only disappointment was the 'waxy' looking characters. If you're not sure what I mean you'll have to have a look

I DID NOT BUY THIS ON AMAZON UK. I BOUGHT THIS GAME AS A STEAM DOWNLOAD FROM AMAZON US! ALWAYS LOOK AT AMAZON US FOR PC GAMES AS THEY ARE CHEAPER MOST OF THE TIME. I PAID A MERE $34.99 WHICH WAS £21.38 WHEN I BOUGHT IT. YOU NEED A US BILLING ADDRESS AND THAT'S WHAT GOOGLE MAPS IS FOR! PLENTY OF OTHER AMAZING OFFERS FOR PC DOWNLOAD CAN BE FOUND ON AMAZON US SUCH AS A BIOSHOCK TRIPLE PACK FOR $17.49 AND ASSASSIN'S CREED 4 PACKS FOR $0.99 WHEREAS IN THE UK IT IS £1.49.
on 11 February 2016
I have one of latest pc in the market, i7, 8g of ram, and envidia gforce graphics card and this game simply doesn't work, I been searching in internet and tried all short of things and nothing! There are hundrerds of people with the same problem out there. Really disappointed, do not buy it!
on 4 January 2015
the download did complete, but I was never able to play the game. A number of crashes appeared, I have troubleshot all of the issues, run it as an administrator and contacted ubisoft for help. Very unhappy with this purchase as I cannot use it.

See one answered question