on 31 December 2013
I have an otterbox for the galaxy s4 so knew that this product was going to be worth the expenditure.
I am not disappointed. The protection offered by this case is exceptional and it looks good too.
This item is for the Kindle Fire HD 7 inch tablet without the camera (2013 model). The box states HDX but it definitely is for the Fire HD 7 inch 2013 model.
If you have a camera on your kindle dont buy this one otherwise you will be taking some interesting pictures of the inside of the otterbox case. If you manage to squeeze it in.
on 23 December 2013
For some reason this came in a box labeled as for the HDX, it wasn't though, the correct item was in the packet. Ideal as our 5yr old uses the HD for netflix, reading & games as she can still plug in her headphones or the charger through the flaps which line up through the case to the ports.
Love Otterboxes and great to see them for the Kindle. Looks pretty kid proof too :)
on 19 December 2013
Contrary to the post below, this case fits perfectly the all new kindle fire hd.
I suspect the post below wanted a case for the 2012 kindle fire hd ( still sold in 2013) which has the camera and is 16gb.
This case 100% fits the all new kindle fire hd 8gb 2013 model without camera.
The case is stunning! , makes the kindle look 10 times better ( as do all otterbox cases).
I have otterbox defender for my iPad, so does the mother in law and father in law after seeing mine..... So does both my brothers and now both my step- daughters....you just cannot go wrong, these are the real deal.
My eldest step daughter had a kindle fire (2012 model) and we used your average fold over case for it- it lasted 6 months before the screen cracked and it was useless - I then vowed that from then on we all have otterbox defender for all our tablets, yes they are expensive, but less than half the price of a kindle (or eighth price of an iPad).
You pay for what you get and anyone that has owned an otterbox defender case will tell you they are fantastic.
These cases make your tablet almost bomb proof, they chucked an iPad across the room to the floor in one of these cases on the gadget show and it was good as new and the protection is identical for kindle.

I don't write many reviews on here, but the post below got it wrong and I want to assure people that this case will fit your 2013 new kindle fire hd and protect it like it is the Crown Jewels .
Buy it and never look back ...they genuinely are that good :-).
on 10 February 2014
I've have an Otterbox defender on my phone for 2 years and it's still going strong.

We got the kindle for our kids (3 and 8 years old) so a good protective cover was a must. Two months on and it looks like new and has protected it from plenty of drops.

Expensive for a cover but does it's job.
on 13 February 2014
Arrived in plenty of time, good fit. A bit fiddly to fit, diagram for instructions took a bit of guess work.
Two young children and I get the dropsy's every now and then or taking it to work in my bag so wanted something that could withstand this. So far so good. More than happy.
on 14 April 2014
Got this for my Daughters HD Kindle Fire.
It fits perfectly. The Kindle is basically entirely covered and even the audio and power ports as covered by rubber protectors. The screen cover is easy to wipe down. It does make the Kindle quite heavy but my daughter loves it. The touch screen still works fine and I am confident that the Kindle is as protected as it can be in the hands of a child.
on 6 May 2014
Got the kindle fire hd at Christmas. It's taken til finding this case for me to be able to take it out!! Absolutely brilliant case. Read the review 're kindle with and without camera and as mine without the case fits like a glove.
If you're struggling finding a case to fit coz if the square edges which was my prob then you're looking at the case, even my kids love it and granddaughter wants one for her iPad.
on 19 May 2014
This is without doubt one of the best cases I have had for any device. Easy to fit and gives good protection. Got it on offer and am pleased with it. Works as a stand too, would recommend
on 26 March 2014
Just perfect, covers the kindle, sensitive anti reflective screen. Saw the tests on the Gadget Show, won it for me.
on 6 April 2014
This is definitely worth the money. Robust and well designed. No chance of damage to the kindle. Great colour too