on 20 June 2016
I really enjoyed this book by Natasha Anders, in fact I have enjoyed the entire series. Bryce is a tortured soul who had a gruesome upbringing, and finds it very difficult to relate with people. When his wife Bronwyn tells him she is pregnant he goes into meltdown, with disastrous results for both of them.

This is a very emotional book, I will admit to a few tears in places, Natasha is very good at making her story lines and characters feel very real. Kayla, their daughter is delightful, and is written exactly as a child of that age would be.

A really worthwhile read. It can be read as stand alone.
on 13 July 2014
I have to say I had mixed feelings about this book. Brice was nothing short of a complete a...hole! Some of the things he had said were down right nasty, and Bronwin annoyed me with her lack of respect for herself. I loath authors who write their lead female characters with no self respect. Bryce was bullying and harsh yet he still managed to sleep with Bron not once but twice. I HATE THAT! Are women so stupid that they give that part of them selves so freely? So I was going to throw my kindle down in disgust, then I thought that it couldn't get much worse and carried on reading and surprisingly it got a lot better. Eventually Brice admitted his behaviour was appalling and then I realized I was starting to like him. All in all it ended on a high note, but I was still a bit dissapointed with the first 70%
on 30 May 2016
Wow, this story is quite brutal in places. Verbally and emotionally Bryce is pretty cruel to Bronwyn. The reasons why are revealed late on in the book and they are incredibly sad but the lead up to that shows very harsh dialogue between them. For me, there was a bit too much spite. He does redeem himself but I struggled to like him for most of the book although there were a couple of scenes early on where I did feel sorry for him.

SPOILERS AHEAD........

No cheating. Minimal swearing. Some hot stuff. HEA. Triggers - Bryce recounts childhood abuse.
on 14 July 2014
Never judge a book by its cover. This book was honestly one of the best that I have read in a long time. The depth of the characters, their personal storyline arc, the overall plot was stunning.
I am so impressed with the complexity and frequency of the dialogue as this couple who have been through hell and back try to work out their issues.
It was one of the most realistic romance novels that I have ever read, and there was something beautiful in that.
A Husband's Regret. An Unwanted Novel. Natasha Anders
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.
I'd read another of Natasha’s books some time ago, in a similar vein to this one and enjoyed it so requested this one. This follows a similar storyline to the one I’d read, where the female lead is lovely but the victim of a cruel misunderstanding, and the husband is frankly a bar stard, constantly sniping and making accusations and taunts about what happened.
It made Bryce an easy target to hate, and I certainly did. He seemed selfish and cruel to poor Bronwyn, but then the version of events I knew was far from what he thought was true. Meeting up again was a shock to both, and very timely as Bronwen's health was in danger from the stress of trying to make a life for her and baby Kayla. Bryce is blown away by his child, devoted to her right from the start, and insists they move to his home where he sets about winning Kayla's confidence and love. He's awful to Bronwyn though, belittling her, blaming her for his problems and deafness. She's shocked at Bryce's accusations, but he won't even listen to what he says are her lies..Just the sort of conflict I enjoy, and then I think “how is the author going to make me like him!” She does though :) and once he learns the truth and accepts his role in what happened he's devastated at what he's done and full of remorse. Is it too late though? He said some cruel and wicked things to Bronwyn just to hurt her, saying he only married her because...etc etc and how can he tell her how sorry he is? How to make her believe he wasn't telling the truth, that he's always loved her. Its a long haul and has some emotional moments. He has to face some truths too about his role in what happened and his background and how its affected him.
An enjoyable romance, I do love a good “bad” character and lots of blame....and then the turnaround dramas. This was an easy fun read and I would re read when I want a simple, easy to read romance with some deep emotions. Its priced at £3.10 for 349 pages so a good length to really tell a story and enjoy the characters fully.
Stars: four and a half.
on 11 August 2014
Interesting story, but a few bits I'm not so sure I understood as there was no explanation within the story. Not familiar with life in Africa and maybe this is my downfall. Basic story good. A bit too much detail in some areas and perhaps not enough in others, but worth a read
on 13 July 2014
What a brilliant story. It was captivating from the first page. I loved every part of it, and all the emotional impact it had on the characters. I will look forward to reading another book by this author.
on 11 September 2015
These series are fabulous. If you start with No:1 and work your way through them, you feel like you live in their lives yourself and the same characters appear with new ones added in each extra book you read.
Well written comedy with a light romance leaving plenty for the imagination. I have signed up for new released and will be very sad if there is ever a last book.
Highly recommended author and series!
on 18 May 2015
A really enjoyable book ,a good read.Great characters and a wonderful story.I enjoyed reading this book very much,and look forward to reading future books by this writer. Big red(Kingston upon Hull England).
on 30 April 2014
I like the way in which the author writes these stories. They are written very realistically and are very different from other books. She has the ability to weave very emotional but also very emotional stories, that focus on feelings and events, in a way that makes it very real and emotional. I would definitely recommend this lovely romantic story.