Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 15 March 2016
Stumbled across this, new author for me.

Unsure about this one. The basic storyline is good and has potential, downside for me, is there is so much description, I don't mind some adjectives on stuff but when it's pages per thing, its boring and takes you away from the main storyline.

I love a good vampire novel, but this one is okay. It lacks connection between the characters, you don't get to know them enough to the point where you feel like you know them, some parts are predictable and it's like your reading about characters and that is it, no depth, no emotions and nothing moves you at all, even though there are plenty of plots and twists. It's like an overload of stuff yet it leads to nothing. It's a shame, don't get me wrong it's readable, but nothing to shout about.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2012
Danielle (Dani) Vaughn's life is about to be turned upside down. Not only has she just left home to start college, she uncovers a supernatural world that she is a part of. Dani's mother is a psychic who has hidden the fact that Dani's father is a vampire now bonded to another woman and raising a family. Dani is the first ever human/vampire hybrid to survive, and her combined psychic skills inherited from her mother, and her vamp abilities from her father, make her a formidable yet vulnerable heroine.

Dani is soon juggling a variety of young men. Her human boyfriend Lucas, her first blood donor and sexual partner Charlie (surprisingly it isn't Lucas), vamp Chase who she falls in love with and his best friend Cayden who she uses to get over her feelings for Chase. All the youngsters (both human and vampire) come across as somewhat rather fickle during their bed hopping (even Chase and Dani despite their `soul bond') and with so many young men declaring their undying love for Dani, she initially appears to sleep her way through the ranks despite her clear attraction to Chase. He is no better either, trying to seduce Dani whilst knowing his family is arranging a blood bond with another young vampire; a ritual that will wipe away all his feelings for Dani yet leave her still pining for him.

The level of action and tension is great. The vampire culture is well done, there is plenty going on plot wise as Dani uncovers her heritage and battles a powerful enemy determined to kill her for her abilities, plus of course the numerous love interests who take it in turn to break Dani's heart as each betray her in their own way. There is a fantastic cliff hanger, and as result I'll definitely be checking out book 2 "Unforgiven" when it is released.
on 1 July 2014
There are so many reasons why I loved this book. First one is simple, CAT MILLER knows how to tell a story. Major league here.
This novel was amazing, it really was. The whole storyline had me mesmerized to the point I could not put it down. I connected well with Danielle, feeling her every emotion, which was a huge bonus for me. It made her stand out more from the pages, adding a sense of realism to her journey.
I loved how Cat created a whole new "world" of Vampires. A world were there is horror, sex, intrigue betrayal and above all else, secrets - YES, secrets come crashing down around Dani's feet and she doesn't know what to do, what to think, what to feel - all she knows is that her mother has been lying to her and she begins to unravel those lies revealing her true heritage.
This book truly has it all. It was a fast paced read, with some VERY steamy romance, which, in all honesty had me smiling like a big old Cheshire Cat.
If you love dark, paranormal romance, with vampires that are bad, sexy & bad, did I mention sexy? Yeah, you get the drift! Go grab a copy today...5 A* STARS :)
on 18 August 2012
Ebook: Unbound (The Forbidden Bond Series)
Author: Cat Miller
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
This was given to me by the author for an honest review
Warning some adult content
Summary: Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...
What else would one expect during their freshman year of college?
After her birth, Danielle Vaughn, and her mother were ushered out of town in a surreptitious attempt to save her life; vampire prejudice can be deadly.
Like any normal nineteen year old, her biggest worry in life was blending in and working hard to keep her grades up. Her departure from a small town in search of a higher education causes a domino effect; she quickly finds herself manoeuvring through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all hell bent on capturing her at any cost.
Danielle's life is turned upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her human mother's life. She must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrust into by a power hungry rogue on the hunt for gifted vampire youth. The hierarchy of the vampire nation is rocked by the existence of a demi-vamp who has challenged their narrow-minded views of the human race.
The Review
I don't know what to say, I loved this book, truthfully it is the best book I have read in a while, the twists and turns, poor Danielle had to go through in her young life amazed me, to find out who she was, losing her virginity and finding her father to finding the other half of her soul, this book had it all, I could not put it down, I have read some awesome reviews about this book and they were not lying, it made me laugh and cry which also to me is a great book, there were some adult contain, so not sure I would let my daughter read this, but the storyline was brilliant, we have all read the story of the vampire who falls in love with someone they shouldn't well this takes it a little further, Dani was a demi-vamp she just did not know it, the emotional breakdown with Lucas was heart-breaking and something most young girls go through in their life, Cat pulled this of perfectly, it brought back many memories from my youth. The cliffhanger was amazing, I am so getting the next book in the series, I cannot believe Dani's life has been turned upside down again, not saying anymore, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I will say is Mmmmm Chase, me want Please, I would highly recommend this book to anyone after a great book to forget their own life as you won't want to put it down, just makesure the kids have plenty in to keep them occupied, 5.5/5 WOW
on 6 June 2012
I cannot tell you or put into words just how much I loved this book! It had me blubbering like a baby all the way through,it is such an emotional read. It is not your average paranormal romance that is for sure. It puts a whole new spin on the vampire and humanity devide but shows how love can eventually conquer all. The ending was very much a surprise and kept me hooked all day, I was picking it up every spare minute I had. I enjoyed this book so much,stunning writing, stunning detail and stunning story...just stunning!!
on 28 February 2013
Before you start wondering about forbidden being a sex thing, it isn't, it is about family pressures, mainly being of status and love conquering age old practices. In other words, is someone good enough to Bond/Mate with their child! Having said that, this is a sexy and thought provoking fantasy series, in my opinion, and I really enjoyed it. I've read all the books, in order, starting with Griffin's story (novella), which in my opinion helps to read first. Looking forward to number 4 in the series.
on 20 March 2013
I bought this book because of the reviews but I cannot believe I was reading the same book. I found the prose stilted and gave up about a quarter of the way through.
on 9 March 2013
I gave this book 4 stars because I enjoyed the idea behind the story. I would of given 5 stars, but some of the story just didn't seem wright, the girl was so powerfully she could stop vampires, by saying stop, but she let a human take her.
on 2 May 2013
I WAS RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK BY A FRIEND AND AFTER READING IT I AM HOOKED.YOU HAVE A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS AND ONCE YOU START TO READ THIS BOOK YOU CANNOT PUT IT DOWN.IF YOU ENJOY VAMPIRE LOVE STORIES DO NOT MISS THIS ONE !!!!!!!
on 17 July 2014
This is an amazing book!!! I've loved every minute of reading it and can't wait to get started on the follow up. I was hooked from the first page and would defiantly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading romance with a supernatural twist.