Format: DVD|Change

on 6 March 2017
How good this is to you will depend on what you want or expect from it. I'd seen clips and thought the concert footage looked great and was kind of hoping you could programme it to play whatever way you wanted; movie/concert, concert only, movie only.
It doesn't but that's just as well; after a few songs the concert doesn't feel like a concert; it feels staged. Still looks and sounds great, but just not like a real concert. Too staged, somehow.
The movie segments, though kind of meaningless and 'well why's that happening?' are really well shot, and a well mixed into the concert footage.
The overall effect is that it's a ninety minute music video, rather than a movie, a concert, or even a combination of the two.
It felt like it was their way of doing a Greatest Hits, and on that level, it's pretty good - enjoyable, even. If I want to watch the Metallica concert experience it won't be this I watch, but that said, I'll certainly watch it again.
on 20 March 2015
This was free to watch with Amazon Prime, I like Metallica, but this is embarrassing. Two stars means I didn't like it, and that's right, I didn't. Nice opening cinematic shot. Well put together, but I realised I found the music boring. They still play all the songs from 20- 30 years ago! Give it up boys. As a band you grew up and realised you'd rather be doing something else and on this evidence, it shouldn't film making.
on 4 November 2015
Love it and is a must for all Metallica fans. The stage is amazing and the band crank out many of their top tunes along with a little story line to add to this making it a film also with a little story line. I am not going to spoil it by saying to much here about the story aspect in this film but can say if you buy this you will not be disappointed.
on 4 March 2016
I am very happy with my DVD it was great songs and great sound quality and the filming was very good. It's a great film wall worth the money and I do recommend this it is worth watching.
on 16 February 2017
IF YOU LIKE METALLICA.THAN THIS IS FOR YOU.IF NOT DO NOT BUY.
on 13 May 2017
Awesome
on 1 July 2016
Great concerto from a great band
on 30 April 2017
Metallica rock, no more to say.
on 7 August 2014
As a huge fan of Metallica this is recommended!
on 8 April 2014
Was a little unsure about getting this after a few bad press reviews.
Firstly the picture and sound is the best I have ever come across on a concert blu ray. The DTS HD master audio is awesome, my only complaint is the drums seem to dominate the mix a little.
The performance by the band is first class as you would expect from Metallica.
They play songs from each of their studio albums except St Anger (this is not a bad thing).
It's good to see Justice and ride the lightning played.

BUT the film parts are not needed and they don't work. I am not really sure what they trying to do.
Probably seemed a good idea on paper.

I have a lot of their VHS / DVD and blu ray concerts and leaving out the film parts this is the best.
Personally I would have preferred more songs making it the definitive Metallica live performance.

One last thing where was seek and destroy with the giant toilet?

If they thought it would not have fitted in the film could it not have been an extra on the disc?