1,212

on 29 July 2012
Ok, firstly this is a very thin and compact Bluetooth speaker so I can report, with this in mind, that the sound is very good.

You will never get the bass from likes of their Boom Dock but then it would be stupid to think you could from anything this small.

The case is really neat. I think it's a must have on anything which is travelling around with you like this. It's nice to see a hard case style like this with the capacity to put some extra cables and even a small MP3 player in it.
It's a big thumbs up. I hate it when I see suppliers just throw in a baggie which does no more then protect the speaker from dust!

The fact the rechargeable battery can be removed is also a unusual but good touch. You may notice it looks like the old Nokia batteries so replacements are very easy to find for cheep.
In my mind, 10 hours is a very good charge but for a little extra you could have a few of these in the case and suddenly it's more of a weekend camping trip then it is a day out for just 10 hours!
77 Comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2017
Bought for Alex dot. It is excellent brilliant room filling sound.

Tried in tesco before I bought very impressed probably not as rich as boss but then not £290 .At less than £50 sale price very hard to beat for value and sound quality.
on 14 March 2017
I know it's only £20 but I still didn't expect it to be done after only 5 months of use. Especially since it has only ever been used indoors and been very well looked after. I also made sure to charge it correctly. However, it will no longer charge and I can't figure out why, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

It's a shame because it's actually a very good little speaker. Very disappointed.
on 29 September 2016
I purchased this speaker after borrowing my friends as I thought it was superb!

When the speaker arrived I was very impressed with the packaging, it made it look like I had spent triple the money on it.
The speaker comes with a handy pouch to carry it, USB charging cable and a 3.5mm jack cable to give the option of connecting my phone with the cable instead of Bluetooth.

The speaker is very light and looks great! It is so easy to use; it connected first time with my iphone and with my friends android phone.
The sound quality is great, I was surprised at how loud the speaker can go, and the sound was still crystal clear with no distortion even with music that has a heavy bass line, it is so easy to transport, I took it to a picnic in the forest and everyone raved about it.I have purchased Bluetooth speakers in the past for double the price and they were nowhere near the standard of the boombar +.

Overall, if you are looking for a light, modern Bluetooth speaker with high quality sound this is perfect!
review image review image review image review image
on 26 February 2015
I have been looking for a decent travel speaker for a while. I previously owned a X mini 2 for the last 3 years and this has served me well, however it recently died and so i spent a long while looking for an upgrade.

After reading around I thought i would try out the BoomBar 2 after seeing many good reviews, and i can say that after receiving it i am very impressed.

The sound quality is excellent and the bass given out for such a small unit really is surprising, Even at the highest volume there is no sound distortion which i had experienced in many smaller portable speakers.

Since buying this i find i dont really use many of other speaker in my house and just carry this from room to room. Its great to use when cooking and in the shower and the adjustable base is useful to make sure that you can get the best sound depending on your position in a room

Pros

Great quality sound
No distortion even at high levels
Adjustable base
Easy to pair with bluetooth
Nice carry case

Cons
The unit is slightly heavier than I expected but this really gives it a premium feel

Summary
A nice sounding unit and i dont think you could really do much better for £50. I haven't used it outside much yet but I'm sure I will in the summer.
on 24 November 2016
love this and so does everybody else, the sound is amazing, the bass isn't all boom boom boom its just nice and not tinny, love it, I've used it to compensate for the crappy speakers on my laptop and also for my phone and the kids now use it with their tablets.
we did lose the black disc that sits it up but as the guide says, just use a 2 pence coin :)
on 29 October 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Bought as a gift for someone, and after hearing the sound from it - and how loud it can get without disruption in sound quality I'm extremely impressed. Bought for £20 and I would 100% recommend it
on 10 December 2015
It's a brilliant little speaker. Good bass quality. Would definitely recommend
on 28 November 2016
I bought this little speak for going on holiday for using in my hotel room. The sound is brilliant, great case with it too. I'd buy again. The only thing I will warn you about is this speaker will move with music that has heavy bass....
on 18 June 2016
I have bought it for my husband as a birthday present. I do recommend it to everyone who needs to use it at home or in your garden. I wouldn't say it is good for big places but for the everyday day use for your own purposes it is perfect. The product looks very nice also it came with the carry case which is very useful.