1,120

on 29 July 2012
Ok, firstly this is a very thin and compact Bluetooth speaker so I can report, with this in mind, that the sound is very good.

You will never get the bass from likes of their Boom Dock but then it would be stupid to think you could from anything this small.

The case is really neat. I think it's a must have on anything which is travelling around with you like this. It's nice to see a hard case style like this with the capacity to put some extra cables and even a small MP3 player in it.
It's a big thumbs up. I hate it when I see suppliers just throw in a baggie which does no more then protect the speaker from dust!

The fact the rechargeable battery can be removed is also a unusual but good touch. You may notice it looks like the old Nokia batteries so replacements are very easy to find for cheep.
In my mind, 10 hours is a very good charge but for a little extra you could have a few of these in the case and suddenly it's more of a weekend camping trip then it is a day out for just 10 hours!
77 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2015
It's a brilliant little speaker. Good bass quality. Would definitely recommend
on 29 October 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Bought as a gift for someone, and after hearing the sound from it - and how loud it can get without disruption in sound quality I'm extremely impressed. Bought for £20 and I would 100% recommend it
on 18 June 2016
I have bought it for my husband as a birthday present. I do recommend it to everyone who needs to use it at home or in your garden. I wouldn't say it is good for big places but for the everyday day use for your own purposes it is perfect. The product looks very nice also it came with the carry case which is very useful.
on 2 October 2016
Quite usable for a small room and very convenient. Have only noticed in run out of charge when I'd used it all day. It is now my main sound source with my iPod in my office. For larger room would recommend Jam HX-P920 but given its £100 price tag this is a cheaper substitute even if it doesn't have the volume or the sound.
If you are looking for budget personal speaker, this one fits the bill.
on 26 February 2015
I have been looking for a decent travel speaker for a while. I previously owned a X mini 2 for the last 3 years and this has served me well, however it recently died and so i spent a long while looking for an upgrade.

After reading around I thought i would try out the BoomBar 2 after seeing many good reviews, and i can say that after receiving it i am very impressed.

The sound quality is excellent and the bass given out for such a small unit really is surprising, Even at the highest volume there is no sound distortion which i had experienced in many smaller portable speakers.

Since buying this i find i dont really use many of other speaker in my house and just carry this from room to room. Its great to use when cooking and in the shower and the adjustable base is useful to make sure that you can get the best sound depending on your position in a room

Pros

Great quality sound
No distortion even at high levels
Adjustable base
Easy to pair with bluetooth
Nice carry case

Cons
The unit is slightly heavier than I expected but this really gives it a premium feel

Summary
A nice sounding unit and i dont think you could really do much better for £50. I haven't used it outside much yet but I'm sure I will in the summer.
on 29 September 2016
I purchased this speaker after borrowing my friends as I thought it was superb!

When the speaker arrived I was very impressed with the packaging, it made it look like I had spent triple the money on it.
The speaker comes with a handy pouch to carry it, USB charging cable and a 3.5mm jack cable to give the option of connecting my phone with the cable instead of Bluetooth.

The speaker is very light and looks great! It is so easy to use; it connected first time with my iphone and with my friends android phone.
The sound quality is great, I was surprised at how loud the speaker can go, and the sound was still crystal clear with no distortion even with music that has a heavy bass line, it is so easy to transport, I took it to a picnic in the forest and everyone raved about it.I have purchased Bluetooth speakers in the past for double the price and they were nowhere near the standard of the boombar +.

Overall, if you are looking for a light, modern Bluetooth speaker with high quality sound this is perfect!
review image review image review image review image
on 10 February 2016
Nice colour, looks like the picture and very good sound quality. Battery lasts absolutely ages - I hardly ever charge it and regularly leave it on all day or night by accident. Comes with a cable so can be used with laptops etc. as well as bluetooth.
on 29 November 2016
(Came super quick!!) I love this soooo much. Connects easily to my phone. Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm no sound connoisseur. Comes smartly packaged with a nice hard carry case. Separately packaged usb to mini usb for easy charging and an aux cable too! Product feels of high quality and is well worth the £19.99 I paid for it. I recently bought the Betron cylinder speaker for £12.95, that's broken now and had lots of connection problems, very annoying. Unlike this wonderful product. Cannot recommend enough. By the way, the little coin that comes with it, goes in the little slot beneath the battery area and acts as a stand. If you lose the coin, just use a regular coin!
review image review image review image
on 22 May 2016
Quite pleased with the Boombar though I don't use it much. Hopefully it will come into it's own when we go on our travels. The sound is an improvement on my tablets speakers although not as much bass as I had hoped for.