Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.15

on 1 October 2013
Chrissie Manby has written a lovely, heartwarming tale that will appeal to many age groups. The trials and tribulations of Millie, her love life and her family are suitably etched in a sweet 'happy-ever-after' story. This novella is a very easy read and leaves you on a very optimistic note.
This book was provided by the publisher for review purposes.
on 9 December 2013
I really enjoyed this novella by Chrissie Manby. It reminded me very much of my childhood and sending letters up the chimney to Santa Claus, though as I haven't done it as an adult, I haven't had the same results as Milly. Maybe I should try again.
Not long enough for someone who reads as fast as I do, but I can definitely recommend it, especially if you love Christmas and are "childlike" enough to suspend belief occasionally.
on 1 October 2013
Treat yourself and take time to curl up with this book.It will lift your spirit and get you in a seasonal mood.
A lovely warm,cosy story following Milly and her christmas wishes.Not all of them turn out as expected. But im still tempted to write my own christmas list.

This book was provided by the publisher for review purposes.
on 21 December 2013
This is a short, mildly amusing little tale that doesn't need any brain-power to read. I'm not a fan of "chick lit" (actually, I don't think I've ever read any) and I imagine this story would fall into that category. Nevertheless, it is a well-written, pleasant and easy read and is just the thing to fill in an idle hour or two around Christmas accompanied by a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie by the fire. A bit predictable in places, but I wasn't looking for a deep and engrossing mystery - I read plenty of those, and this made a refreshing change.
on 24 December 2013
Having recently split up with boyfriend Duncan, and with Christmas fast approaching, Milly is not looking forward to spending time her sister and family reminding her of what she's lost and what her future could have been.

But on 1st December she soon finds herself caught up in an old family tradition of writing a Christmas list with her nephews who insist that she also writes one too, and within days all three items on her list have mysteriously appeared. So she decides to write a new list with some more extravagant requests which she certainly doesn't expect to come true but it would appear that she's in luck as her wishes start to come true although in slightly unconventional ways...

This was a very quick read, albeit a little predictable in places, that was perfect for getting me over my recent reading slump.
on 4 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book,could not put it down,hence I read it in a couple of days. It was humorous and uplifting. I would recommend this book to friends. It was not until I was praising the book to my daughter that I realised she had already read it. Try if you want the " feel good factor".
on 9 February 2015
A story about believing in Christmas. In the magic of Christmas and of the excitement in the run up to a magical time.

Love doesn't run smoothly for Milly. Her boyfriend breaks up with her just before Christmas. Which just happens to be Milly's favourite time of year.
Christmas letters to Santa, Cosmic ordering or just pure magic ?
on 6 December 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I could empathize with the main character who wasn't a wimp like they often are in similar books. I have marked it down because occasionally a phrase or sentence that was grammatically wrong or seemed unlikely. One such one was this. If you had been dating a man for nearly a year and he drove and (as we learn later sometimes walked past your house on the way to the pub) would you really get on a bus and meet him there, when he had driven there himself? So he has driven past her house and gone there whilst she caught the bus and yet when he walks to what is possibly the same said pub he passes her house. And if it is close enough to walk why does she need a bus? I know it is a silly thing but these small things annoy me.
Apart from that a brilliant book.
on 1 October 2013
Firstly I would like to thank Chrissie for allowing me to review The Christmas List, I really appreciate it.

I have been a fan of Chrissie Manby's for 13 years, at the age of 14 I picked up my first book of hers and I've loved her books ever since. So when I got the opportunity to review this book I practically hit my head on the ceiling from jumping with delight.

This novella is absolutely brilliant, it's full of good old fashion Christmas magic. What more could you ask for? As well as that, there is a good quality dose of humour that had me giggling away.

I loved Milly's absolute insane love of Christmas, because I'm just as nuts about Christmas as she is!

Milly, a year earlier, was dragged to the pub by her sister, which was where she met Duncan. It's now nearly time for their first anniversary, but unfortunately for Milly Duncan has decided to break up with Milly.

Milly is of course devastated and has to face seeing her family and joining in family traditions she would rather ignore this year. When Milly writes her list to Santa and she starts to receive the gifts she has asked for, she starts to wonder if she can ask for slightly more adventurous gifts the second time round.

This was fun and endearing, a light hearted and magical Christmas story that you will find hard to put down.

The Christmas List is available October 24th and a must read.
on 5 October 2013
Loved this novella. Couldn't put it down but didn't want it to end. Found myself laughing out loud in places.
Can't wait for Chrissie`s next book.