on 17 February 2014
This delightfully unusual short story tells the curious tale of Grace and Roger, whose relationship comes about after they meet at a party and Grace sees Roger unabashedly lavishing affection on a cat. The two become entwined in each other's lives as Roger helps Grace in finding a job and somewhere to live and slowly but surely her life begins to revolve around him. However, Roger has a huge secret and as a result Grace finds that the role she plays in his life changes.

The story is told in the present tense and I have to admit I don't tend to like that too much in my reading as it often comes across as laborious. In this instance though I didn't mind and in fact rather think it suited the ethereal nature of the story perfectly. This is a quirky short that is well worth trying if you fancy something imaginative.

A pleasurable 4* read.
on 12 May 2015
This short story is apart of Day One a weekly literature journal that I never heard of before.
Good read, rather interesting how relationships are formed with cats and also well structured.
I am definitely going to read more from Day One, just out of curiosity!