on 10 December 2011
I can't think of a single criticism. The trousers feel and look good, and generally give the impression of being far more expensive than they are.
on 19 April 2012
I have to agree with the other reviewer who felt the fleecy inner lining of these trousers had been ill-stitched in. The inner is a nasty polyester fleece which felt cheap and scratchy and it twisted round my legs severely restricting movement - not great in a trouser designed for hiking! Such a shame as the outer material is good quality and the outer trousers are well-cut. The defective lining was not immediately apparent and I wore the trousers once and was twenty minutes into walking the dog before the full extent of the trousers' rubbishness manifested itself. I am hoping that even without the original tags that Amazon will refund the price of these unwearable strides.
on 24 November 2012
I love these stretchy trousers they feel and look good, the over coating doesn't look like waterproof material more like a coat fabric. I am 5ft5" and regular is good for me when wearing walking boots. They do have a warm lining but this I prefer as they are breathable for warmer days. I use them for walking the dog and long distance walking and have not had any problems. I was going to buy a much more expensive pair of waterproofs but so pleased I didn't, like the last review they generally give the impression of being far more expensive than they are.
on 14 December 2013
I was looking for waterproofs to replace my beloved previous craghoppers set which went missing during a summer dry spell. i wore them year round - almost- to keep clean on my cycle to work, and they did the job perfectly. These are more of a waterproof trouser and i am sure could be worn on their own, though I do wear them over my work trousers to keep dry and clean. The waist is roomy enough to fit over other clothing but I find it awkward to remove them without removing my shoes first - a minor detail and I do where a 3.5" heel so a small gripe really in the grand scheme of things. The material is lovely to wear and they are comfortable to cycle and walk in. The sizing is right, with no sail-like billowing at the hips as with the cheaper unisex waterproofs. There are expensive but I think if you have the need to wear them regularly and in an environment where you need to remain fairly smart then these are fab.
on 29 August 2013
These trousers are a great fit! Very flattering! Lovely and warm and even in the heaviest rain, the kept me totally dry! If you are contemplating buying some waterproof trousers then I can't reccommend these highly enough!
on 30 May 2012
I am delighted with these trousers, they are very comfortable, they stretch so crouching and bending is easy. They have a soft and warm fleece lining with 100% waterproof outer.
on 6 March 2012
Purchased as a surprise for my daughters forthcoming Duke Of Edinburgh trip to the Lakes District in late winter this garment is a huge let down! The outer shell fabric itself looks good and feels "hi-tech" but the brushed polyester inner lining is a different story! On the garment i have received it has been badly attached and is misaligned making it most difficult to insert ones legs - and when finally pulled up to the waist is so uncomfortable as the lining has "cork screwed" making the whole effort a nightmare!! This will be getting returned and I am willing to try another only to be fair. I hope that I haven't been sold some kind of "reject" or factory second. Its unusable and not fit for purpose!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 January 2015
These trousers are brilliant for dog walking and outdoor activities in the winter. They more than live up to their claim of being water and wind proof, even in the worst that Orkney weather throws at them. The micro fleece lining is warm and comfortable. Secure zipped pockets. Adjustable Velcro tabs on ankles. Fit true to size. Highly recommended.
on 28 February 2013
i have used these for a few weeks most of the wet days they are comfortable and dont make you feel sweaty or restricted - they ar warm enough alone without a baselayer for most days but allow room for a baselayer for high climbs or very cold days
on 24 September 2014
These trousers arrived promptly in appropriate packaging. They fit perfectly and will be fantastic for rambling on cool wet days. They do not rustle and feel very comfortable. I have not had the opportunity to test them in the rain yet but will post on here if they fail. I am pleased that they look fairly smart and fit well for waterproofs so I'll look nice in my kit! I think they were a real bargain.