Price:£39.00+ £4.59 shipping

on 18 September 2015
I'm happy to delete this comment if readers think it unfair - just comment and let me know and I will. When new my iPod would have got 5 stars, and it's still the most beautiful and elegant mechanism I own. But... several years on, iTunes (the software needed on your PC to make the iPod works) is just refusing to work with the iPod, so I'm now stuck with the tunes that are on my iPod and I can't change them. Before everyone tells me what to do, I've read all the blogs and Apple's own help-page on its website, and nothing has corrected the problem. I have the latest version of iTunes, I'm using an Apple cable, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes - still no good. It really was a fantastic piece of equipment but the online updates to iTunes messed it all up for me. The only recommendation I can make is that when Apple asks if you want to update your iTunes software that you don't. That's what messed it up for me. I haven't seen it stated as such but my guess is that Apple's iTunes no longer works with older versions of Windows (I have Vista, which is still supported by Microsoft, but not apparently Apple).

Other problems, apart from simply being unable to change the songs on the iPod are: iTunes simply refusing to open, no matter trying the five different ways of opening a programme; freezing of the laptop, freezing of the mouse, and many times having to restart my laptop by pulling out the power cable and unplugging the battery. I mean, for goodness's sake, it's 2015, not the 1990s when software would crash several times during the day. Perhaps if you're buying an iPod for the first time, haven't installed iTunes before, and are using the very recent Windows or Mac operating systems you may not have any problems - but, much to my regret because it is such a beautiful and elegant product, I simply can't recommend a product that now not only doesn't work, but scrambles my laptop too. Pity. Apple, with such dizzying aspirations you've dropped the ball in other areas. Steve Job would hate this I'm sure.

Perhaps when I buy a new laptop in a year or two's time the new Windows operating system will work OK with iTunes, but for now I'm likely to buy a non-iTunes MP3 player like a Sandisk, which doesn't rely on an iTunes programme to make it work (you just copy the files across as you would onto a USB stick, for example). A sad ending to a wonderful love affair.
on 12 May 2014
Bought this to accompany me on my training for the Paris Marathon. Perfect for runners! Used it on my marathon with loads of battery to spare (and I wasn't the quickest)!
on 26 July 2014
Extremely well built little box of magic! 2GB size is just perfect for me as I have over 150 of my favourite songs uploaded (still space for more). The clip is solid and holds onto clothing securely whilst out jogging! Also, the Space Grey colour is pretty cool... My only gripe would be that the supplied headphones are not the best.
on 3 February 2016
I've had several of these, usually i have had t replace as a result of, losing, washing or dropping weights on them previously they have been flawless...not the latest replacement.
17 hours battery life? maybe 2 if I'm lucky, maybe I have a duff unit, but shame.
on 22 September 2014
This is a brilliant little bit of kit that I use for running all the time. So small and so light and very easy to clip onto a shirt or shorts. sound quality is good, memory is perfectly adequate and the battery appears to last for a decent length of time. In short, an absolute bargain!
on 10 May 2015
Perfect! It was a gift for somebody who absolutely loves it. Does what it says on the tin. Compact and very easy to use. This one is smaller than my original one but has twice the storage. I highly recommend this for anybody that just wants a good selection of music either downloaded or copied from their CDs'.
on 13 February 2016
This iPod often stops working, despite showing as fully charged on iTunes. The most frustrating bit is when you think you've charged it and then go to the gym or for a run - you end up with nothing to listen to! And it isn't just the battery issue. When it stops working, the only way to get it to work again is to restore the unit via iTunes so that all your music is wiped out and has to be loaded back on again! I've gone through this process at least 5 times now (having owned it for just over a year).

This is a very faulty piece of technology that seemed to have been rushed out into the marketplace by Apple without the necessary care.
on 30 November 2015
Hands down the best mp3 player available to any athlete. Small, light, easily attached, non intrusive, no straps or pouches, indestructible (compared to others I've used), intuitive design, fairly reasonable price and great battery life. Buy it.

Ps only downside is iTunes sucks.
on 5 September 2014
I bought this for my Mum as a birthday present. It's the perfect size to carry around and it holds a decent amount of music.
on 16 October 2014
Sleeker than the previous shuffle devices, the ipod shuffle remains the most aesthetic mp3 player on the market as it has done for years now. Battery life is excellent - mine'll charge to its full capacity in a couple of hours and has lasted for a good few days of regular usage. The downsides, however, come hand-in-hand with the form itself - I'll often find myself pulling the shuffle out of my pocket along with my keys and various other items, all tangled up in my earphones. I found storage and quality to be issues also, and if you're anything more than a casual listener you'll probably find it difficult to adapt to being allowed just 300 songs maximum at any given time. Just as you may have with other older apple devices, sound quality is pretty average, with little bass and no control over your equalisation (which indeed, is a given). As others have mentioned though, if you're the type of person with £200 headphones you shouldn't really be using a shuffle as your main music player anyway.