on 17 November 2014
I really hate taking dietary supplements of any kind, but my GP kept nagging me about my iron levels, so something had to be done. 100% natural, Spatone seemed to offer the best way out of a bad situation. Taken alone, it doesn't doesn't taste amazing, although it can be gulped down like a shot. I prefer to take it with a glass of juice; it's quick, simple and has no lingering aftertaste or side effects. In just a couple of weeks it had my iron levels back up to where they should be and I've been taking it on alternate days ever since. I've not found it anywhere cheaper.
on 16 January 2015
I have been taking this liquid iron supplement for a number of months now as tablets make me constipated. In fact I take double the recommended 1 sachet a day. 2 months ago my blood test iron level was on the bottom of normal range at 12. I have just had my last iron result which has now gone down to 8 (well below normal range). This supplement obviously does not work for me and I would advise anyone taking this to have your levels checked by your GP to make sure that it is doing what it should.
55 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2015
It's OK. But for what it is... Iron Sulphate in water, is expensive considering how cheap iron sulphate is to buy. Sure it's "natural" but so is water and iron sulphate if you add them together yourself you get spatone for.... 50p a gallon!
on 10 June 2015
I have taken Spatone for years and it's by far the best iron supplement out there. Easily absorbed with absolutely none of the usual unfortunate side effects. Fantastic for everyone. Highly recommended!
on 23 June 2015
This is amazing stuff. I am severly anaemic (had ALL kinds of procedures to find the cause!! all to no avail) and cannot tolerate iron tablets. Then I discovered Spatone a few years ago and it has transformed my life - no exaggeration. I take one sachet every day in glass of orange juice and I feel normal again. That horrendous oppresive cloud of exhaustion has just disappeared. I noticed a difference in just 2 or 3 days. I know its still working because if for any reason I go more than 2 days without it, the suffocating fatigue returns. A life saver!!
on 3 January 2016
My son is dairy free and the dietician suggested these to ensure he gets enough iron in his diet. I put it in with fruit juice and my son doesn't even notice he is drinking it. I have tried alternative iron supplements and this is the only one my son with take
on 25 November 2015
Value for money, better than iron tablets and suplements, no stomach problems etc. Just remember to have it with juice or a dilute drink to avoid the metal taste.

Tip: best to have with orange juice, as vit c helps absorb iron into the body
on 23 May 2014
Ive been taking these for nearly 2 months now; Im a vegetarian lactose-free coeliac and cannot tolerate iron in pill form (yeah- my life sucks!). I drink just one of these babies in juice every day and my skin has improved; the dark under my eyes has lessened and I feel generally better in myself. I'm only sorry my doctor didnt point me in the direction of natural iron infused water long ago- it would have made so much difference to my health!
My advice if you are unable to tolerate iron in pill form or dont wish to eat animal derivatives- give this a try. Its a very gentle way of absorbing iron without having to chew on a nail.
Wholeheartedly recommend.
on 4 September 2014
Tricky, easily tolerated for sure but my Ferritin has halved in the year I switched to it so it's back to gentle iron for me which at least maintained my levels even if they didn't climb. It also doesn't have to be taken 45mins outside last food/drink like Spatone does.
on 23 May 2016
i take one a day and if i miss a day or 2 i notice the effects and feel more tired. maybe it's psychological but who cares if it works! it tastes fine - i have it with a glass of orange juice. unlike other iron supplements that can make you constipated, i've never had this effect whilst taking nelsons spatone.