on 28 March 2014
I have had this printer for about 2 weeks and it does all that it says as far as I can see. BUT it is far noisier than any Canon printer I have had. It WILL print scored greetings cards but advises to just print one at a time - NOT ideal- especially at Christmas ? Inks easy to fit. but WHY WHY do Canon not print readable manuals. I do not want to have to look things up on the PC ALL THE TIME. I am aware I could possibly print out a manual via thePC but it would take an awful lot of paper. I am not keen on just having the one paper tray instead of 2 like my previous Pixma had - but having said all that it is a good printer - but VERY noisy.
on 10 December 2015
I replaced the MG6450 because it had gone wrong and refused to feed the paper.
I am somewhat disappointed because the new machine has also got the same fault intermittently .
However the colour printing quality is excellent and it does print on both sides which is very useful.
on 22 August 2017
Excellent
on 11 May 2017
perfect...this is the 2nd of this model for the office
on 15 May 2017
Awful product, never worked properly
on 24 June 2014
print quality, better than another brand I have been using.
good value for money. only one other thing don't buy cheap photo paper
on 14 May 2014
A great printer, so much more eco friendly then my last in terms of ink. Fast printing for documents, superb detail for scanning both for colour and black and white, but the best is the speed and quality of photo print all shapes and sizes. I won't lie to you, but ink is drunk at an alarming rate, but the quality of photo print is exceptional and well worth it. I am being harsh here as I do print A4 and A5 both colour and black and white, so, inevitably ink will run out sooner. Bought the XL ink replacements, fantastic.

Only downside is the noise and time it seems to take in firing up and getting on with the job. it seems to do its thing, then when you think its going to print again, does it thing all over again..........
33 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Good features, including AirPrint, built in WiFi, scanner. Uses 6 separate inks for economic replacement. Automaticallt recognised by Windows 8 but you will benefit from installing the supplied drivers which let you scan rfom the device and send to your PC automatically, rather than having to dash between PC and printer when scanning.

ON the down-side, the paper storage and handling is disappointing with the paper cartridge sitting proud and exposed beyond the body of the printer making it's actual footprint on your desk bigger than you think. It also feels cheap and plasticky, with worring wobbles and flimsy hinges. I'm not sure it will last too long.

If you can afford the few pounds extra, I'd recommend the MG7150 which has the same software and features plus two internal paper trays, one to handle A4 and another for photo-sized paper and is overall of a much more robust construction.
on 9 December 2013
Prompt delivery.. quicker than what was promised.
Decent package- no unnecessary extra cardboard.
Good looks- have left it in my hall under my TV and still doesn't look out of place.
Easy installation.Connected to the wi-fi on second attempt- which i think is good.
Connected to the iPad and iPhone 3Gs & 5 well.
Decent print quality.( my prev brother printer which still works absolutely fine was mono laser & i needed a color all in one)
Automatic double side printing is good...
The rubber housing on the base are sticky and add to the stability of the printer.

Now for things that i dont like.
On a standby will not wake up for a command from Air print, you have to wake it up and then works well.
Print speed is slower than claimed.
I cant get it to print in grey scale from the wireless devices inspite of the default settings being Grey scale print.
More noisy than expected.
The paper tray is outside and a bit too delicate .. it see it breaking very soon.
The reception tray following the print is inadequate in length and paper keeps falling of it.
on 14 August 2014
This is the best all in one printer I have ever had.It is fast both in printing and scanning,connects easily to my pad and phone,can use both wfi and usb.
Takes thicker papers than most other machines in this price bracket,in fact I could not find any other that printed the papers I wanted.Have found no "cons" with it at all.