Size: Printer with Full Set of Inks|Change
Price:£53.47+ Free shipping

on 28 December 2013
I bought this to replace my old Pixma MP220 which is still going strong but I wanted something a bit smaller with wifi that also printed both sides automatically. I am not a techie person myself but I followed the instructions and I was surprised how fast and easy it was to set up after having read the previous reviews. I have printed wirelessly from my laptop, from an iPad and a Mac with no problems at all. I love this printer as I am no longer put off printing out forms, articles etc as connecting all the cables was such a hassle before and I hated having to manually turn over the pages to print on both sides. It does just the trick for a student / freelancer like myself that needs to print a lot and I haven't had any problems with it to date.
11 comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2015
Is this printer built like a tank? No, it costs less than £50. Does it produce good quality prints, both text and photos? Yes. Can it be set up wirelessly with just a couple of clicks, and no need to use WPS or enter SSIDs, passwords etc? In my experience, yes - it did take ten minutes or so, but was the easiest printer set up I have ever done (and I have done quite a few). Is the software a bit fussy and over-elaborate in places? Yes, but basic printing and scanning is very easy, numerous protocols like Google Cloud Print and iOS/Android devices are supported, and the ability to send a scanned file wirelessly to a PC, rather than having to find a USB stick or memory card is a real boon. The physical user interface is a bit basic (i.e. no screen to allow you to set up number of copies and so on), but at this price it would be unreasonable to expect anything else.

Overall, I believe this device offers better features and performance than could be reasonably expected at the price, is exceptionally easy to set up and has reasonable running costs give the low purchase price. Not the fastest printer you can buy, and I can't comment on its durability, but I think that overall it is very good value indeed, offering performance that is more than good enough for the average home user, very straightforward installation and excellent value for money.
22 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
A great little machine that so far has not disappointed in either scanner, copy or print mode. A good buy even though the ink charges seem high but at the end of the day, you get a lot of prints for your money and the quality is excellent even on A4 photo prints. Delivery was prompt and it was well packaged.
on 1 January 2014
I can't comment on other peoples problems as I did not have any. I bought this to replace my aging, expensive ink Lexmark. I have the white one which does look great, but will admit some hinges etc are a bit flimsy. But still better than others. Downloading and setting up the drivers did take a while compared to other manufacturers and the corner widget which is within the software for me was a bit useless and just in the way of my main screen (pc), so have stopped this from opening. It does print at good speed but does take a while to get started, i.e 15 seconds, but once my test sheet of paper came out, the text was sharp. My main intention for this was to print some of my high res images, and wow am I impressed, Seeing the results coming from the printers mouth (190gsm glossy paper) was eye watering sharp. The colours are spot on and so vibrant. One of my images are of a thatched roofed cottage and the thatch itself is mindbogingly sharp, no blur. Highly recommended for the photographer.
on 17 June 2014
Absolutely fantastic piece of kit. Very helpful to have a printer which can be kept out of sight, uncluttering a clutter-free environment! Highly recommended, as fantastic value for the price paid!
on 19 September 2015
This MG3550 canon printer is a great price for the quality. It is compatible with Windows 10 and if it needs to up grade it will do it for you. If you have a WPS switch on your router or HUB it is supposed to be quicker to install. However, I just put in the DVD disc to load the soft ware . If you are not use to using a Disc, once you put it in go to you Folders and click on This PC and the Disc will be there just double click on it to start and follow the instructions on the screen. You don't need to complete the set up with a USB cable like the old printers and there is not one supplied anyway. But if for any reason your printer went offline you can use an existing printer/USB cable as they are all standard. This one also prints from cloud so you can link to your tablet.
on 29 May 2014
Ordered on Sunday arrived on Tuesday, that included a bank holiday! Impressive. Really easy to setup, print quality really good, good price. Looking forward to using it more in the future to warranty this review...
on 7 May 2014
excellent product very good price pleased all round would recommend to other people nice and compact machine prints very well
on 14 June 2014
This is a poor product. I have been a supporter of Canon Printers for fifteen years and never had a complaint with three previous models! This however,is poor in its operation,noisy,slow,easily confused,confusing and mechanically sounds like a duff washing machine on the way out.
I had this Printer at home for light use after approx ten picture twenty letter it said ink was low,I ordered genuine replacement inks and fitted same,black never worked colour ok.fitted back the part used black cartridge to reproduce smudged black print and now paper crumpling! Again replaced black ink cartridge with new one,no better and now telling me that the ink was low from both new cartridges! Amazon did what they could but explained that it was purchased through a third party that never replied to claim email to "UK Ink Cartiridge" they never replied to the claim for assistance. Will not be dealing with them again. Went to tesco,s and bought a rival make,working fine.
on 10 July 2015
Amazing value for money. All printers seem to come without a cable. You also need a modem with wifi. However make sure you connect up to a USB socket on your PC and then set up the wifi according to the screen instructions. Having done this you can disconnect the USB cable. The IPad can then detect the printer and all will work. No need for the Canon app. I do admit it would be good if it had written instructions to follow.