on 28 October 2013
I have used AVG for many years now but have just changed to another programme. AVG is good, not rated the best by others, but adequate.
My main gripe is renewal. You will be pestered to renew about a month before expiry and quoted some silly price - just to renew. DONT!
Come back to Amazon and buy a new AVG package for less than half the quoted renewal price. This company REALLY does not reward loyalty.
And if you do change to another company later, be advised that AVG installs their own broadband driver in your network settings. Remove AVG and the driver no longer works so you no longer have internet access. You need to disable the preference for AVG's driver in your network settings.
1313 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2013
Fast delivery and exactly what was described.
Works well without any problems.
I've used Avg for some considerable time and have always bought from Avg direct.
This deal from Amazon was too good to miss.
on 5 May 2014
Always used AVG for a number of years & always until now that is bought the antivirus directly from them until I saw the cost difference between AVG direct (not a 2 yrs license) & Amazon. Much cheaper on Amazon with a two year licence. I did originally have use it on XP laptop but now it is running on my new Windows 8.1 laptop.
on 10 September 2014
Have to register it first with AVG to get license number then on installing it would not install ?? license was for AVG anti virus 2015 aha,downloaded AVG anti virus 2015,entered license and away we went,installed no problem then, so Disk was little use,i now have 2 years of updates so apart from this little niggle all was well.So now have AVG anti virus 2015 with updates for 2 years so well pleased,all is working well.
on 23 November 2013
This was something I needed to keep my computer safe. It is easy to download and simple to use. Great
on 10 April 2014
My mistake, not a techical mnded person, I bought to replace the bought AVG my pc repairer had installed before, which had firwall with it. So was disappointed, but contacted AVG and arranged an upgrade for the package. Great that it now coer for 2 years and I also have it for my laptop, which only had free version before, again with no firewall. Recent issues with snap.do, meant i needed to be more wary and this product, hopefully will protect my equipment now.
on 4 February 2014
As alway's AVG came up trumps with their amazing 2 year 2 Computer protection, great value for money in these austere times.
on 15 November 2014
Picture appears to indicate that firewall is included. You have to look closely to see that the green firewall box is slightly paler than the others. If you have bionic eyesight you will see that the writing under 'firewall' says upgrade to activate! This product clearly misleads you into believing firewall is included. Who ever heard of anti-virus software with no firewall protection - this appears to be fairly deceptive on AVG's part. Other brands include firewall with their anti-virus offerings .Once bitten twice shy ....will not be using AVG again.
on 21 May 2014
I have been using AVG for several years. I have never had a problem with it affecting PC speed or software interference (unlike some of the competition I have experienced sorting out PC issues for others...)
Always buy the multi-year and/or multi-PC option, it works out a lot cheaper.
This disc did report out of date license key - but you simply click on the link provided, enter the key and it gives you a new key that you enter in at the install stage.
on 4 December 2014
I've used avg antivirus for years and I trust it.. it's a very good software that dosnt affect the computers performance at all.. this is a very good bargain become it does two computers.. I highly recommend this to anyone..